IWA in Columbus

IWA in Columbus

IWA Mng.
IWA Mng.

April 30th, 2012, 6:13 pm #1

The MIGHTY IWA returned to Columbus Ohio with one of our best events in a long time.

WRATHCHILD (With manager BEAUTIFUL BOBBY WATSON) Won by pinfall over BIG JAKE SOUTH. We here in the IWA would like to congratulate SOUTH who we understand is getting a WWE look see.

Two former IWA Champions clashed as RELENTLESS RON MATHIS Won by pinfall over ELIOT WHITESCARVER.

LINK LANDON won over CHARLIE BROWN.

The A GAME - RICK RAMSEY, won by disqualification over THE HOT COMMODITY - MATT MASON.

VLADIC VORNOFF (with Manager BEAUTIFUL BOBBY WATSON) Won by pinfall over SUPER OPRAH.

The 6 Man Tag Team Match seen the RIOD SQUAD members (with Manager MS. CAITLYN CHERREE)HUSTLER DEREK FLYNT and WILD BULL MILLER team up with EASTERN BLOCK member WRATHCHILD (with manager (BEAUTIFUL BOBBY WATSON) vs. ROK WYLER, RAGE, and STORM (With manager SERENITY STAR). WRATHCHILD stepped in to cover for RIOT SQUAD member, PRECIOUS PAUL HARLEY, who didn't show up to take part in the match. The match ended in a double count out.

Main Event for the Southern Heavyweight Championship:
Defending Champion, The EPIC - B.D. FIELDS, won over, The RAPTOR by disqualification, when The Raptor hit the referee.

April 30th, 2012, 8:44 pm #2

POOR MASON!!

May 1st, 2012, 1:35 am #3

No kidding. Mason vs Ramsey- who booked that?!?

May 1st, 2012, 2:21 am #4

Oh...here we go....Matt Mason, the be all end all of Ohio wrestling. Come on, he's kind of vanilla. At least Ramsey can be a decent heel and get heat from the crowd. Mason is not as great as everyone says, but I guess playing politics can go a long way with a lot of guys.

indy wrestling fan
indy wrestling fan

May 1st, 2012, 4:26 am #5

Mason's a great talent and a class act. Just coming in to the IWA and losing to Ramsey shows what kind of guy he is. And there's nothing wrong with politics either. They tell me he's never been trouble in the back, so if you wanna dog Mason, you have to did a little deeper than that.

Bull Miller
Bull Miller

May 1st, 2012, 8:35 am #6

Frankly I have never seen Matt play politics. Not with me at least. Now there have been times we was on opposite sides of the fence. But thats ok, he has the right to have his opinion, as I do mine. There has even been times Matt has turned me down on some deals. But U know what, thats cool as well.

Matt is a great guy and a hard worker. He came in hurting Sunday and did my show. He put on a heck of a performance even though I am sure he did not feel like it. He even thanked me for having him there. That was great to me as Matt can wrestle for any indy in Ohio.

I hope to have him back soon.

Another thing, so he put Ramsie over in very controversial fashion. It screamed rematch. Aint that what this bizzz all about?

And as for Mr. Ramsey, is he at Matt Masons level? No, and I think even Ramsey would agree to that. But Mr. Ramsey gave Matt a descent to good match that kept the fans entertained. Ramsey has NOTHING to be ashamed of.

At the end of this, hey, keep on bashing the IWA and all the workers. Its fun reading about it. Someone once pointed out to me ppl on this board only bust your chops when U are doing good stuff. If your not doing anything they leave U alone. So keep on bashing, I love it.

May 1st, 2012, 2:05 pm #7

if you knew ramsey he would tell you hes better than hogan.

May 1st, 2012, 4:02 pm #8

I would love to hear from Mason on how he was acting. Not that Matt is a shooter or anything but I assume Ramsey was on his best behavior.

Ron Mathis
Ron Mathis

May 1st, 2012, 6:24 pm #9

Rick Ramsey is the greatest professional wrestler in the history of the sport PERIOD.

Bull Miller
Bull Miller

May 1st, 2012, 10:43 pm #10

Well I do not know about that Mr. Mathis. But as a former IWA Champ, just like yourself, and myself (wink), I would say he was darn good.

As for the Ramsey/Mason match. Mr. Ramsey expressed great admiration to me concerning the skills of Matt Mason, both before and after the contest.

Now is Ramsey a bit cocky? Yup, at times. But he is good at what he does, and wile I am the least likely to approve of a cocky attitude (some of U know me) I generally find what he brings to the table to be worth listening to his occasional bull shit.

Any other thought?