I.W.A. (Chillicothe) Results- August 3

I.W.A. (Chillicothe) Results- August 3

I.W.A. Wrestling
I.W.A. Wrestling

August 10th, 2010, 8:37 pm #1

The I.W.A. returned to The Backstage in Chillicothe to a packed house and delivered an action packed show! Here's a look at what happened.....

"DIEHARD" TOM McCLAINE def ALLEY CAT AND NICK ABBBOT- It was a display of the cruiserweights in the opening contest. In what has to be considered an upset, "Diehard", who was making his debut, was able to sneak in the back door and get the win, pinning former Cruiserweight champion; Alley Cat, an impressive debut to say the least!

B.D. FIELDS & JERRY THE GATOR def THE RUSSIANS- B.D. Fields turned a lot of heads in this match, despite being the smallest man in the match he was not only able to make an impact but actually got the pin for his team after a vicious knee trembler from the middle rope!

CODY HAWK def DEACON KNIGHT- Cody Hawk would certainly like another shot at the United States Title and he took a step in the right direction. Deacon Knight was looking to make an immediate name for himself, he was able to put up a valiant effort, but the veteran, Hawk, was able to get the win after hitting his patented muscle buster!!

NEW WAVE def ADRENALINE-X by d.q.- The crowd was obviously behind Loco and PS3 (New Wave) as they attempted to de-throne Adrenaline-X as I.W.A. Tag Team Champions, and it looked like they were going to get the job done, however Daytona Bradley (manager of Euthanasia) got his team intentionally diqualified, meaning New Wave won the match, but Adrenaline-X would remain I.W.A. tag team champions.

J.T. HOGG def DAVIID LANNING in a Texas Bullrope Match- "The Razorback" was able to make a clean sweep of the best of 5 series, when he defeated his former friend. The finish came when Lanning was on Hogg's back choking him, Hogg still made the attempt to touch all 4 corners, Lanning was also touching the corners, but when it came to the last corner, Hogg was able to touch first bringing an end to this personal rivalry.

AMERICAN KICKBOXER def SID ANGEL to retain the I.W.A. Cruiserweight Title- The redhot cruiserweight division was once again on display, in what was a very competetive match. It looked as if Angel was moving in on the title after hitting a devastating double armed impaler DDT, but Kickboxer threw a hail mary in the form of a knockout kick, and was able to get the 3 to retain the championship!! After the match, Angel was flipping out, going as far as to attack his own manager, screaming that he is better than Kickboxer and it was a fluke. AKB made his way back to the ring and challenged Sid to a title match next month, and this time he wanted to leave no doubt as to who was the better man...this time it will be 2 out of 3 falls!!

RICK RAMSEY def CHARLIE BROWN in a last man standing match to retain the I.W.A. United States Title- What a brutal encounter this was! On many occasions it seemed the rookie was on his way to the United States title, but Ramsey was able to superkick a chair back into the face of Brown. Charlie tried his hardest to get back to his feet, but was just barely not able to make it. After the match, Euthansia made their way to the ring and circled Brown. Luckily for Charlie, Cody Hawk, B .D. Fields, New Wave, and American Kickboxer ran out and made the save!

Remember, fans, the I.W.A. returns to The Backstage in Chillicothe September 2!! How will Euthansia react now that the numbers are no longer in their favor? Also American Kickboxer defends the Cruiserwight Title against Sid Angel in a 2 out of 3 falls match! And much much more!!!

August 10th, 2010, 11:02 pm #2

Seems as if there is a lot of new talent in the IWA. I didn't see the name sof Bull Miller, Chris Cruit, Rok Wyler, etc. in the results. I'm sure Bull still runs the IWA, but it is odd not to see the other guys. What about Onyx? Isn't he the IWA Champion?

August 10th, 2010, 11:56 pm #3

Onyx still the champion? Who knows. Bull hasn't said anything and it's been brought up once or twice already. It did seem like there were a lot of new names in there. Well, and The Russians. They had a stint a while back if I recall. Rok Wyler, Chris Cruit, Big Country & Onyx have all been missing as of late. So, was there a house cleaning by Bull or a mass exodus by the roster again?

August 11th, 2010, 1:11 pm #4

There has to be something seriously fucked up if Cruit left the IWA.

August 11th, 2010, 2:55 pm #5

yeah, dont think Cruit gets much work anywhere else, maybe he is going to break off and form Fire and Ice? oh wait that didn't turn out to good for the other guys either.

August 12th, 2010, 11:00 am #6

Yeah only the best shows at the time or since.They didn't last so IWA "wins" the war but the only real losers were the fans because we've been wanting something that good to come back to Columbus for a long time.OCW has been excellent when they have ran but don't come near enough to keep up with angles like FIW did.

August 12th, 2010, 3:01 pm #7

yeah fiw was so great lol, how long they last?

August 12th, 2010, 3:56 pm #8

Three years I believe.Best 3 since then in Columbus thats for sure.Impossible to argue that fact.

August 13th, 2010, 2:43 am #9

hmmm the best, well then I better go to one of there shows to check it out, when they running again?

August 13th, 2010, 4:22 am #10

I actually think PWC started to bring Columbus back around, and then they folded. What happened to them? Didn't ssome of the guys break away from them and try to run their own promotion and it never got off the ground. Except for their Hotline, which seemed to generate a lot of excitement.