How many matches is to much?

How many matches is to much?

Scott Powers
Scott Powers

December 4th, 2011, 9:10 am #1

I have been on shows from 5 matches to 14 matches and my opinion 6-7 is enough .
The few matches i got to promote was 6 matches and a 15-20 minute break(most concessions are close to the ring anyways..
I love wrestling as much as anybody but the show that was 14 matches plus 2 -10 min plus a 30 minute break the show started 8:20 pm(20 minutes late ) and ended 12:45 and the first 6 matches there was 200+ but by match 12 there was only 35-40 fans left!
Everybody was miserable and their asses where killing them when they have to sit nearly 4 hours.

The 6 match with a 20 min break lasted 2hours 30 min and everybody seemed happy.

So what do you guys think since the fans are the ones we are supposed to please.

December 4th, 2011, 9:14 am #2

less is more

Scott Powers
Scott Powers

December 4th, 2011, 9:21 am #3

I agree.
Anybody else?

Marshall Logan
Marshall Logan

December 4th, 2011, 11:06 am #4

A 5 match card with good to decent workers, that can work & entertain in a 2 hr & 15 minute show would be the goal to him w/a 20 minute break. Enough time to get a snake, smoke or rest room break. This is just my opinion though.

Carl
Carl

December 4th, 2011, 1:31 pm #5

I go to the kingwood shows every year, ASCW always has 12-15 matches, but it doesnt seem to bother the crowd, but none of there matches go over 8-12 minutes, and then the main will go 15, but its also in the afternoon, that might have something to do with it

Juan Jeremy
Juan Jeremy

December 4th, 2011, 9:25 pm #6

I've been to plenty of shows that only had 6 segments altogether (4 matches & 2 promos). It was more than enough as long as there were decent workers & the ones on the mic knew what they were doing. Anyway, 6 or 7 matches is plenty for one show.

Scott Powers
Scott Powers

December 5th, 2011, 2:10 am #7

So far i agree i always tried to cut the matches at 6 matches.
Before i was the Booker of the old OCW it seem liked it went from 8-12 matches,it sucked .
No body wanted to sit through 4 hours of talking and the matches,them wood bleachers hurt me so i couldn't imagine the older and the young kids.

December 5th, 2011, 3:26 am #8

i think 8 is usually the number. as long as one of them isnt super long or anything like that. show time being a minimum of 2 1/2 hours and not much more than 3, unless theres factors that takes awhile like setting up a cage or something.

one thing i always hated is when theres and intermission with autograph signing that ends up being long as hell. the logical thing would be do that after the show so people can leave. an hour intermission kills a show to me.

i would suggest an intermission about 15 minutes or so. for bathroom, food, but merch sales, and to get off those wooden bleachers. lol. so thats a must i think. but not a long as hell one.

if i went to a show with 4 matches and 2 promos not only would i feel completly ripped off and never go back, but id be sure to make a huge post telling everybody about it.

http://indywrestling.net

If you are a fan, wrestler or Indy Fed that wants to be linked on facebook, just go to the facebook link and click add.

http://facebook.indywrestling.net

If you are a wrestler or Indy Fed that wants to be linkled on myspace or Indywrestling.net just contact me, or go to the myspace link and click add to friends.

http://myspace.indywrestling.net

http://women.indywrestling.net

http://nudewomenofwrestling.indywrestling.net

"Some people say what I do is not wrestling. If it isn't, then what I do is better than wrestling." - Necro Butcher

Some people are like Slinkies........They serve no apparent purpose in life other than to occasionally bring joy to ones heart when they are pushed down a flight of stairs.

December 5th, 2011, 4:57 am #9

I've been to plenty of shows that only had 6 segments altogether (4 matches & 2 promos). It was more than enough as long as there were decent workers & the ones on the mic knew what they were doing. Anyway, 6 or 7 matches is plenty for one show.
If not a taping then 6-8 is right. That is if they are not all long matches. And you lose a crowd with the wrong talent. But since 1995 if you noticed, the crowds get bored after 8-10 min for undercard even WWE guys. Tv has killed the long match or 2 out of 3 falls. Talent level and a promoter who is not a worker is usually the best show. Since every worker\booker thinks they are cahmpions. That is the type of stuff that kills it. Good question

December 5th, 2011, 5:43 am #10

I think a show (unless its one of your big ones, 3-4 a year kind) should never ever be longer than 2.5 hours with breaks and everything included. Want more than 6-7 matches? Find but make em short. Your main draws should be able to pull 15 or more though, I think main events should always be 16-20, and if your guys cant handle that then they should not be main eventing.