First good string in a long time con't

First good string in a long time con't

HTH
HTH

June 24th, 2012, 12:07 pm #1

(quote)
Yes young guys need badly to learn these things, I to loved watching Bruno in his 1/2 hour matches and not blow up. His moves were simple but strong. I would hope the indy webmaster would let you start a separate thread and keep teaching these young guys.WWE stars can only be copied so much you need to show what you have.
(/quote)

That would be up to indymaster, I don't know if he can make a sticky or not. I could start a thread "Young guys who want training." It would cover weight training, cardio, wrestling moves to practice and perfect so they become well rounded professionals.

As far as WWE goes, I apologize but what I've seen from the WWE IS NOT wrestling, 90% of it is noting but brawling, sure there are some technical matches but they're few and far between.

I will gladly step forward and give free advise on this board for ANY young wrestler who wants to improve themselves. I don't care what promotion your from, I just want to see the young guys with potential to look and perform like "PROFESSIONAL" wrestlers.

June 24th, 2012, 2:26 pm #2

Thats super and great, but I would like to know your credentials before taking such advice. Not being a dick, but I dont know who u are or what credentials you have. SO please advise before anyone will take your advice. It only makes sense. I shouldnt have to explain this reasoning. So gimme a lil info on you sir and then we can go from there as for advice. Unless you are Brian Brand.

June 24th, 2012, 4:09 pm #3

The reason why you don't see a lot of "wrestling" in pro wrestling, is because it gets boring. The majority of fans get bored watching just pure wrestling, especially on the main stream level. If you wanted good mat wrestling, you would go to an amateur event instead of a pro event, there is a reason it has evolved.

June 24th, 2012, 5:19 pm #4

There needs to be a better balance. True wrestling would be something new since its been so long since we've seen good wrestling matches.Bruno was both a good wrestler and entertainer. I sit on the edge of my seat every time I want with my dad back in the day. And yes it was a boys night out fathers and sons. Times are a bit different. Its now smart marks that think they know everything and forget they are their to enjoy the show.

June 26th, 2012, 1:45 pm #5

The reason why you don't see a lot of "wrestling" in pro wrestling, is because it gets boring. The majority of fans get bored watching just pure wrestling, especially on the main stream level. If you wanted good mat wrestling, you would go to an amateur event instead of a pro event, there is a reason it has evolved.

***** LMBO, EVOLVED! EVOLVED! into what? a bunch of want-a-be bar brawlers? If anything indy wrestling has DEVOLVED into a bunch of scarecrows with legs and FAT belly beer drinking slobs. Today's indy wrestlers don't deserve the name "PROFESSIONAL" wrestler. There's only a handful of wrestlers that "look" and act the part of a "PROFESSIONAL" wrestler. The rest are want-a-be's who think because they passed a training session that they are wrestlers.

I'm waiting for P.T. Barnum to come back and put wrestling back into the "FREAK side show". I can see it now, a 300 lbs muscle bound man that looks like a "gorilla" taking all comers, including the 150 lbs man with twigs for arms and legs. Because that's what indy wrestling looks like.

Better yet, if a good old country farm boy who's been Rasslin animals all his life comes to the ring and get the upper hand on Barnum's man, Barnum would pull out his ringer that would twist the farm boy into a pretzel and threaten to snap his ankle.

I see this all the time with the indy's, missed cues on punches thrown, you can see they didn't hit them a mile away. When a wrestler gets hit with a chop in the chest, or punch in the face, they just stand there, no reaction to the blow! No follow up on power moves from both wrestlers, they just do the move and look around. How about getting thrown into the turn buckle 5 times, then they just stand there, they could at least fall down and fake being hurt.

Like I said, there's only a handful of wrestlers that actually know how to perform, the rest are want-a-be's. Wrestlers are to be PHYSICAL ATHLETES. They are to LOOK the part, know how to get over on the fans, make it LOOK REAL, and show emotions in their eyes and face with intensity. (kayfabe: Like this guy is standing in the way of me getting a title, I'm going to rip his head off) (kayfabe: or this guy is coming after my title, I'm going to rip his head off)

Another point that's lost is interaction with the fans, during the match, Killer Kowalski & Ric Flair got the marks going with, ( Kowalski jumping from the ring and confronting a fan saying "why I ought too.." and "shut your mouth"). Trade mark sounds from wrestlers get the marks going as well, (Flair's WOOOOOOO! as an example), physical reactions gets them going as well, a strut, pointing to the fans, etc...

Today's (rassler) isn't a wrestler, he's a shadow of what once was a GREAT profession. There's NO showmanship, No acting of being a wrestler. No, today's (rassler) except for the handful of wrestlers that can perform are NOT EVOLVED! They're nothing but FAT MEN and TWIGS PRETENDING to be professionals.

HTH
HTH

July 3rd, 2012, 1:45 pm #6

Thats super and great, but I would like to know your credentials before taking such advice. Not being a dick, but I dont know who u are or what credentials you have. SO please advise before anyone will take your advice. It only makes sense. I shouldnt have to explain this reasoning. So gimme a lil info on you sir and then we can go from there as for advice. Unless you are Brian Brand.

My name? Forget it! I have kept my identity separate from wrestling for a reason. I don't know what you'll gain from "credentials" but here you go.

Introduced and trained to wrestle by Bill Miller and various others at Studio Wrestling (WIIC now WPXI). When WWWF got taken over by Vince McMahon Sr. I did the same as Bruno, went independent and traveled across the U.S. Mentored by various trainers here and in the mid-west, Vern Gagne & Gene Anderson being a couple you might recognize. All and all over 3 decades in the profession. There you go!