FIRESTORM AWARDED BEST PRO WRESTLING FED IN CLEVELAND FOR A 2ND YEAR

FIRESTORM AWARDED BEST PRO WRESTLING FED IN CLEVELAND FOR A 2ND YEAR

FIRESTORM PRO WRESTLING
FIRESTORM PRO WRESTLING

October 14th, 2009, 10:20 pm #1

Best Pro Wrestling

Firestorm Pro Wrestling

Blood was shed and bodies were broken in July at War Games, the biggest monthly show yet by Firestorm Pro Wrestling. Regularly drawing between 200 and 400 fans at the Phantasy Theater, the Cleveland federation concentrates on homegrown and regional talent, and regularly welcomes veterans like Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka. (Even a now-infamous appearance by Jake "the Snake" Roberts a year ago didn't dent the company's growing reputation.) At War Games, a two-year feud came to a climax, pitting Team Firestorm (Raymond Rowe, Patrick Hayes, the Aftermath and Starless) against Team Big League (John McChesney, Shane Taylor, J-Rocc and Bill Collier). Erie-based heel McChesney put his heavyweight title on the line against owner/promoter J.C. Koszewski's control of the company in an eight-man war-games match held in a 15-foot steel cage. When the baby-faced Rowe put the hated Taylor through a table, fans were the real winners. (myspace.com/firestormpro) Ferris

October 14th, 2009, 10:41 pm #2

I know this is going to explode into some huge hate war thread but I'll try to start things off perfectly honest, civil, and straight to the point....

Between PWO and AIW this is just straight up BULLSHIT. No way is Firestorm the best in Cleveland and if you took a legit poll of fans it would prove it. Not knocking Firestorm, but they are not the best in Cleveland.

Tim
Tim

October 14th, 2009, 10:48 pm #3

Thats from Scene Magizine right? Their readers voted on several different catagories. FSP gets regular attention from Scene. I have a feeling that the readers voting for other issues just voted for the indy they've heard the about the most. Regardless, the people who did vote made their voice heard. AIW or PWO could have used thier fan bases to win the award. If they did it wasn't enough. Either way I don't think you can call the results B.S. because thats who the people voted for. It is what it is.

October 14th, 2009, 11:07 pm #4

People vote for some awards, this isn't one of them. JC got the award as he's tight with DX Ferris who writes for them.

October 14th, 2009, 11:23 pm #5

This was an award that was voted on.

Mike Baker
Mike Baker

October 14th, 2009, 11:26 pm #6

This was not an award that was voted on! And any one who says otherwise is a liar.

October 14th, 2009, 11:26 pm #7

I demand a recount!

October 14th, 2009, 11:36 pm #8

Do a recount then. Its in print Firestorm is the best!!!!

Tony
Tony

October 14th, 2009, 11:38 pm #9

This is the email of the editor of Scene magazine if you think another promotion should have been awarded this award contact this email and let them know, I have already emailed him asking why the voting was not made public and told them AIW should have won this award and would have if it was up to fans. If we want to make a difference in the way this system is run we need to let our voices be heard and not let people win awards based on friendships or whatever is speculated in this thread and who knows maybe with enough emails this award willbe given to a promotion that deserves it. Whether PWO,AIW,CAPW where was the voting done at? Because I was not made aware of this and I'm sure nobody was so I think we need to let the fans decide so please everyone email this email and let them know your thoughts on the situation.

mfabyan@clevescene.com

October 14th, 2009, 11:44 pm #10

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></object>