all misc info, random results, youtubes etc go in this thread only or will be deleted

all misc info, random results, youtubes etc go in this thread only or will be deleted

January 25th, 2010, 9:56 pm #1

all misc info, random results, youtubes, and other stuff that will most likely not recieve a bunch of replies, go in this thread only or will be deleted
Last edited by indymessageboard on January 25th, 2010, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 25th, 2010, 9:57 pm #2

Posted on 1/25/10 by Alan Wojick

Alan Wojcik: Lets take it from the top. Talk about the process you went through during the tryout that got you signed by WWE?

Steve Lewington: It was rough at first. I was pretty nervous because I knew it couldve been one of my only chances to prove myself to the WWE and I wanted to show them I had the skills to be in the number one company in the world. The staff at WWE had my number because I had worked a few shows for them when they were touring and they called me and said that they were coming in for a Raw event and asked if Id be interested in working for the night. And the rest is history.

Alan Wojcik: 2006 saw you begin training with the Ohio Valley Wrestling promotion. Who was in charge of the training and what a typical day in OVW was like?

Steve Lewington: Al Snow helped me definitely. I consider him one of the most passionate people for this business. He helped all of us day in and day out no matter what else was going on. We would usually meet around 9:30AM every few days, work out, and train, for about five hours. Hed make sure everyone was at their best and he always took the time out to help anybody.

Alan Wojcik: OVW held a weekly TV taping in addition to shows at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. Do you feel that help you in getting ready for WWE TV and how was the Kentucky crowd to work in front of?

Steve Lewington: I had a blast in front of the OVW crowds; I had some of my best matches there. As for if I think it prepared me for WWE, I can say it did. It helped me learn what the fans liked and disliked. It helped me figure out what I can do to showcase my skills to the crowd without them turning away from me and not giving me a chance. The Kentucky crowd was very supportive. They always made me feel right at home.

Alan Wojcik: You had a successful tag team with Chet the Jet called Terminal Velocity (who joined FCW for a brief time.) What was right about that team that OVW kept it together?

Steve Lewington: I never really knew how it stayed intact, but Im glad it did. We both had great times teaming together and we both learned a few things while teaming. I think it worked so well because we worked well together, we had the same style and we knew how to make the crowd happy whenever we performed.

Alan Wojcik: Long after you left it, OVW folded into what is now Florida Championship Wrestling. Talk about the environment switch from Kentucky to Tampa.

Steve Lewington: It was different. Kentucky was definitely more old-fashioned, if you want to say that. Tampa is just a huge city, tons of so many different people. In Kentucky we were more of a family so to speak, while in Tampa everybody was going in their own directions.

Alan Wojcik: Fans might be aware that FCW is run by Steve Keirn & Dr. Tom Pritchard (lately Dusty Rhodes among others.) How was FCW run different than OVW and talk about the weekly shows run at Bourbon St. Night Club.

Steve Lewington: It was a different atmosphere. FCW was more of a fast-paced promotion. We did everything so quickly. The shows at the club were interesting at times and we had great times. I think the only bad thing about it was that we were rushing into things too quickly and we werent even performing in a building we can call our own. There were plenty of us that were ready to leave the club, and they finally listened to us.

Alan Wojcik: Steve Lewington went from fan favorite to heel tag partner to Handsome Heath Miller. Talk about the Bourbon St fans loving you and the next Tuesday night event they wanted to throw beer on you.

Steve Lewington: The fans definitely reacted, and it was a success. I think we needed a change. Things

were getting old and we all knew it. I was ready to see how the fans would react to it and I was surprised and thrilled to see how much they were into it.

Alan Wojcik: During a few weeks in FCW you went from Steve Lewington to Jack Gabriel to DJ Gabriel. Was this Dr. Tom & Keirn or someone in Stamford making the change & did you have any input on your character development?

Steve Lewington: Dusty Rhodes and Billy Kidman were the initial ones to think of the Jack Gabriel persona during a conversation with them. Dusty kept pushing for the switch and it finally came. I had no problem with it. Then, I had a meeting with Keirn and he told me that WWE wanted to switch me to the DJ Gabriel persona. It was an unexpected decision but I went with it for the sake of the business.

Alan Wojcik: On a Florida State Fair show in February 2008 you & Heath wrestled then WWE Tag Team champions John Morrison & The Miz in front of a crowd of 5,000. Some people think that match led to you being brought up to the main roster. How were you told about the move to ECW and being paired with Alicia Fox (Victoria Crawford in OVW/FCW?)

Steve Lewington: John Lauranitis called me on the Wednesday before my main roster debut and said that they were going to give me a chance. He said that a few of the guys in management were impressed with me and that Keirn pushed for me to get moved to the main roster. We set up a flight and he said hed explain it later. I flew to Atlanta on Monday and thats when they told me that Id bring the DJ Gabriel persona with me to the main roster and thats when I found out Id be paired with Victoria. I had seen her before but never knew her that much. I met her early on Tuesday morning and we just connected. Shes a great friend personally and professionally.

Alan Wojcik: In early 2009 you and Alicia met up with former OVW opponents Paul Burchill & Katie Lea. Was there any difference from the matches in OVW and if possible who was your favorite OVW/FCW/WWE opponent?

Steve Lewington: It was different definitely. Id consider our matches last year entirely better and more superior than the ones we had in OVW. Both of us grew in the business greatly from OVW to our matches on ECW. Were more experienced and trained, and definitely at our best. As for my favorite opponent, its him without a doubt. Paul and I are extremely close, we have a family-type bond and Id take a bullet for him. We started our careers in the WWE together and we made it to the top around the same time. TJ Wilson would be my second most favorite.

Alan Wojcik: You and Alicia began doing dancing segments on ECW. Was this fun or were you sitting there going Im a wrestler not a Chippendales member?

Steve Lewington: I had no problem with it to be honest. Some of the fans enjoyed it and I was happy that they were being entertained, and I wasnt going to complain about it because WWE gave me a chance.

Alan Wojcik: For the rest of 2009 you seemed to bounce from ECW to Raw dark matches back to FCW being called Mr. FCW. Was this due to injury, lack of desire from creative to use you or something else that led to your release a couple of weeks ago?

Steve Lewington: I dont really know the answer as to why it occurred. I remember getting a call from John Laurinaitis and he told me that they were going to re-debut me in FCW with the Gabriel persona. He told me up front that some of those within management thought that the DJ Gabriel character wasnt going to last much longer. I was glad that they decided to put me back in FCW, as it was better than just releasing me, but I saw that the release was coming.

Alan Wojcik: You openly talked about the release on your Myspace Blog (www.blogs.myspace.com/stevelewington ) and many people might be surprised reading this interview and the blog you have no bitterness towards WWE for releasing you. Guess the obvious next question iswhy?

Steve Lewington: I dont have any bitterness for the WWE because the only thing they did was give me a chance. Thats all I asked for. I didnt complain about the personas I played and I dont have any ill feelings towards anyone in the WWE. I was lucky enough to be in the number one company in the world for almost five years because I proved that I had what it took to be there. Im upmost happy about my tenure with the WWE and maybe one day Ill return.

Alan Wojcik: The obligatory next question is how long until we see you in TNA? The perfect spot for you would be to join former FCW roster member Big Rob Tierry in the British Invasion clique (hint to Russo & pals)

Steve Lewington: Im not going to deny the possibility of me coming to TNA, or anywhere else for that matter. TNA is one of the best promotions in the world today, they have superb talent, and its a great company. Ive actually talked to a few friends that are in TNA and it could be a possibility in the future.

Want more on Steve; check out this fan site www.DJ-Gabriel.com or www.twitter.com.UKLewington

January 25th, 2010, 9:59 pm #3

all misc info, random results, youtubes, and other stuff that will most likely not recieve a bunch of replies, go in this thread only or will be deleted
Posted on 1/25/10 by Mike Informer

WWE star 'The Miz' talks about making a legacy
Saturday, January 23, 2010

By Darren Burgfeld ~ Southeast Missourian
The stars of the WWE are big characters, in and out of the ring. When a WWE Raw event comes to Cape Girardeau, crowds of Southeast Missourians pour into the Show Me Center to cheer and boo and yell and clap for their favorites.
Before the match Friday, WWE character Mike "The Miz" Mizanin talked about the sport and his quest to make sure his legacy lasts through the myriad of stars that take to the mat.

"I've always loved the talkers, ever since I was a kid. Guys like the Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin; if you remember anything about them, it's not their matches," Mizanin said. "You remember, 'Can you smell what the Rock is cookin'?' and catch phrases like that, and I always enjoyed the storied characters in WWE.

"I've brought that into what I want to do. I want to parlay my character to the world, so when they see me, they think, 'I know a guy exactly like that, and I love/hate him.' I feel like a lot of wrestlers do the same stuff, so the better the people know me, the better I am set apart," he said. "As far as the wrestling is concerned, I think now I'm at a point where people are really getting to know me, and I need to prove myself in the ring. I like having longer matches now to show that I am an athlete and not just a big mouth."

In the few years he's been in wrestling, Mizanin has achieved tag team greatness with John Morrison, attaining the WWE Tag Team Championship and the World Tag Team Championship. Last October, he defeated Kofi Kingston to take the WWE US Singles Championship.

"I set a new major goal every new year," Mizanin said. "So far, I've been able to reach those goals, even if they seem a little lofty, and my goal for 2010 is to be a main event, so that's what I am striving for now."

Mizanin has been working to get his image out there. He and his tag team partner John Morrison started their own web show "The Dirt Sheet." For more than a year and a half, they gave a no-holds-barred interpretation of all things WWE. Mizanin said the show ruffled some feathers with his wrestling counterparts, but it helped to give him more face time with the WWE Universe.

Last week, wrestling in Knoxville, Tenn., Mizanin, as The Miz, partnered with The Big Show for a tag team match. Their third partner was guest host and actor Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite, School for Scoundrels).

"The guest hosts we've had have been great," Mizanin said, "but Jon and Don [Johnson, Miami Vice] have been in the top tier of guys to work with. Jon did a great job. He even got in the ring and got to kick Hornswoggle."

Mizanin has been a fan of wrestling since he was young, and said he identifies with the fans of today's WWE.

"It's been around for so long," he said. "It's passing from generation to generation, and I think that families watch it together. I can remember all of my friends coming over and watching WrestleMania. There's an emotional attachment that you get from watching these events, and it really brings people together."

January 25th, 2010, 10:01 pm #4

Posted on 1/25/10 by Michael Tartaglia

When long-time Philadelphia area fans hear the name Ricky Morton, they are reminded of the glory years of the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) and Jim Crockett Promotions. When the NWA expanded into the Philadelphia area in 1985, Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson, known as the "Rock n Roll Express," were one of their top acts and they are viewed as one of the best tag team tandems in all of wrestling history. Their feud with the Midnight Express, ("Beautiful" Bobby Eaton, "Loverboy" Dennis Condrey and later "Sweet" Stan Lane) with Jim Cornette is legendary. Morton & Gibson re-defined tag-team wrestling and were part of an era of excellent tag teams that never has and may never again be duplicated.

Morton & Gibson have won tag team championships in every promotion they have appeared in, most notably the NWA World Tag Team Championship on several occasions. While know best for his tag-team exploits, Morton also fared well in many singles competitions and had a memorable feud with "Nature Boy" Ric Flair over the NWA World Heavyweight Title. While never know for his size or power, Morton was known for his heart, desire, and ability to withstand punishment from his opponent to make a victorious comeback. While a little older today, the one thing that has not changed is that heart and desire fueled by the fans. As part of one of the greatest tag-teams of all time and one that others have emulated, Morton is an NWA Legend in the wrestling business.

Morton's opponent at BODYSLAM AUTISM is someone who has been making a big impact in the TWA, "Mr. 5.5" Matt Riviera, VH-1 Reality TV Star of "Megan Wants a Millionaire" fame. Riviera made his TWA debut at the REUNION SHOW on October 24th as he accompanied "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel in his match with "The Beast" Glen Osbourne which saw Osbourne win the TWA Heavyweight Title. Riviera then went on to win in his TWA in-ring debut on Decemeber 5th against Donte Bonner aka CHAD DEITY from the play of the same name.

Riviera has said the best way to make a name for himself is for him to defeat a legend in the business like Ricky Morton. Growing up in Arkansas, Riviera is well aware of the legendary exploits of the Rock n Roll Express in Southern wrestling, where they first gained promenience even before hitting the national scene with Jim Crockett Promotions.

"Mr 5.5" (as in net worth in millions of dollars) said he can't wait for Jan 31st. "I encourage all Philadelphia/NJ area fans to come out to the FLYERS SKATE ZONE to see Ricky Morton one final time, as I promise, Jan 31, 2010, will be the night the music dies...It's Matt Riviera's time to shine!!!

January 25th, 2010, 10:01 pm #5

WWE star 'The Miz' talks about making a legacy
Saturday, January 23, 2010

By Darren Burgfeld ~ Southeast Missourian
The stars of the WWE are big characters, in and out of the ring. When a WWE Raw event comes to Cape Girardeau, crowds of Southeast Missourians pour into the Show Me Center to cheer and boo and yell and clap for their favorites.
Before the match Friday, WWE character Mike "The Miz" Mizanin talked about the sport and his quest to make sure his legacy lasts through the myriad of stars that take to the mat.

"I've always loved the talkers, ever since I was a kid. Guys like the Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin; if you remember anything about them, it's not their matches," Mizanin said. "You remember, 'Can you smell what the Rock is cookin'?' and catch phrases like that, and I always enjoyed the storied characters in WWE.

"I've brought that into what I want to do. I want to parlay my character to the world, so when they see me, they think, 'I know a guy exactly like that, and I love/hate him.' I feel like a lot of wrestlers do the same stuff, so the better the people know me, the better I am set apart," he said. "As far as the wrestling is concerned, I think now I'm at a point where people are really getting to know me, and I need to prove myself in the ring. I like having longer matches now to show that I am an athlete and not just a big mouth."

In the few years he's been in wrestling, Mizanin has achieved tag team greatness with John Morrison, attaining the WWE Tag Team Championship and the World Tag Team Championship. Last October, he defeated Kofi Kingston to take the WWE US Singles Championship.

"I set a new major goal every new year," Mizanin said. "So far, I've been able to reach those goals, even if they seem a little lofty, and my goal for 2010 is to be a main event, so that's what I am striving for now."

Mizanin has been working to get his image out there. He and his tag team partner John Morrison started their own web show "The Dirt Sheet." For more than a year and a half, they gave a no-holds-barred interpretation of all things WWE. Mizanin said the show ruffled some feathers with his wrestling counterparts, but it helped to give him more face time with the WWE Universe.

Last week, wrestling in Knoxville, Tenn., Mizanin, as The Miz, partnered with The Big Show for a tag team match. Their third partner was guest host and actor Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite, School for Scoundrels).

"The guest hosts we've had have been great," Mizanin said, "but Jon and Don [Johnson, Miami Vice] have been in the top tier of guys to work with. Jon did a great job. He even got in the ring and got to kick Hornswoggle."

Mizanin has been a fan of wrestling since he was young, and said he identifies with the fans of today's WWE.

"It's been around for so long," he said. "It's passing from generation to generation, and I think that families watch it together. I can remember all of my friends coming over and watching WrestleMania. There's an emotional attachment that you get from watching these events, and it really brings people together."
(Random Thread) Ring of Honor on HDNet 1/25 TV preview
by Tim (Login TimJM)

Posted on 1/25/10 by David Lagana

RING OF HONOR on HDNET 1/25/10

Jim Cornette addresses the Tyler Black vs. Austin Aries rematch and the stipulations for the 8th Anniversary Show

* ROH World Tag Team Champions The Briscoe Brothers vs. Cheech and Cloudy

* Rasche Brown vs. Bobby Shields

* Pick 6 Contender Series Kenny King vs. El Generico

January 25th, 2010, 10:03 pm #6

Posted on 1/25/10 by Dory Funk

IN FUNK'S CORNER: Gene Kiniski

My father, Dory Funk Sr. always said you can never learn the wrestling business unless you face the best.
In my first year in the wrestling, I faced the best. I wrestled Verne Gagne to an hour draw, defeated Sonny Meyers, Fritz Von Erich, and Pat O'Connor and I wrestled Gene Kiniski to a one hour draw in what I still consider one of the toughest matches I ever had. At about the 40 minute mark, Gene grabbed both of my legs and gave me his "Giant Swing" until I nearly blacked out, then dropped me in the center of the ring and jumped on me with all 6' 6 280 pounds, then crossed my face with his forearm and said, "Your Mother is coming to ringside, Dorothy is worried about you, here she comes to help you." To this day I still consider wrestling Gene Kiniski the most demanding athletic event I have participated in.

In the finals of a tournament to see who would face Lou Thesz for the NWA World Championship. I went over Iron Mike Dibiase. Before a sellout crowd in Amarillo, Texas I wrestled Lou Thesz to a one hour draw for the World Heavyweight Championship.

In my second year in the business, (1964) it was my fathers opinion that I must prove myself a box office attraction in other places if I were going to climb to the top in the wrestling business. We chose the Vancouver Territory as the place to go. My father had built a reputation there a few years before wrestling as the Texas Outlaw.

My father made the trip to Vancouver with me for the first week. We were booked around the territory as father and son tag team. This was an introduction for me to the Vancouver Territory. After the first week, Dad returned to Amarillo and I stayed to work the Vancouver Territory. The loop included Vancouver, Victoria, Nanaimo, New Westminster, Chilliwack, and Tacoma Washington.

After the first week I had a meeting with promoter Rod Fenton. He told me, "people here pay to see big men in the ring. Just look at my stars, Gene Kiniski, Don Leo Jonathan, Mike Sharpe, Dale Lewis, and Tex McKenzie." I had some concern that maybe Rod Fenton was doing a favor for my father and doubted my ability.

The wrestlers in Vancouver were great to get along with. Mike Sharp, Gene Kiniski, and Don Leo Jonathan were my friends. In the dressing room I would hear Jonathan say, "Okay kid, lets get your pushups done, 300 of them, then Gene and Mike would make me lay on a bench and they would work my neck until I couldn't turn it from side to side. Gene Kiniski would give me advice, "Listen kid I want to see you in a sport coat every night. Give these people some wrestling that is what they are paying to see, not a bunch of bull shit." Mike would say, "Okay kid work my neck. He would lay down on the bench. "Work it Hell, I couldn't even move it."

After the first week, my father was gone and I was on my own. I received my booking sheet. The whole loop for that week I was scheduled against preliminary wrestlers on the first match every night. I did my best hoping I could move up the card the next week.

At the end of the second week I received my next booking sheet and saw that I was working second match with Peter Whickinoff. I had never heard of him, but I would do my best. Peter Whickinoff was substituted for all week by more jobbers. After suffering through my second week of mediocre matches, I went in to get my next booking sheet and saw that I was wrestling second match with Joe Noshow who turned out to be replaced by, you guessed it, more jobbers.

I had had it. I was 2000 miles from home with my wife and two kids trying my best and felt like I was going nowhere. I remember getting my pay from Tacoma Washington, it was an all time record low for me. $17 and promoter Rod Fenton looked at me and said, "Don't tell anybody in Texas about this." I told Mr. Fenton, "Please give me a chance. I promise I will do anything if you will let me show you what I can do. The next day I got my booking sheet, Monday in Vancouver was a battle royal and the rest of the week, I was on top wrestling Gene Kiniski. I was thrilled.

I wanted to be spectacular in the Battle Royal, "Impress the promoter." I was in the corner on the top rope with Tex McKenzie and Mike Sharpe in front of me, both 6' 9" tall. From the top rope I jumped over the top of them, landing in the middle of the ring. As I jumped from the top, Mike reached up and grabbed at my leg, throwing me off balance. In an effort to land standing in the middle of the ring I reached for the floor with one leg only. As I landed, I could feel the knee break to the inside. As I set there on the mat knowing my knee was busted, my friends picked me up and threw me over the top rope and down to the floor. That's what friends in wrestling are for. (You know, the show must go on)

The next morning I was in the doctors office. He said, "Check in the hospital tomorrow and we will do knee surgery." Disappointed and Dejected, I called Promoter, Rod Fenton to give him the bad news. Fenton said, "Before you have surgery, call Gene Kiniski. I didn't speak much to Gene, I just listened. "Kid, go to a sporting good store and buy some tough skin, some tape, and long wrestling tights. Shave your leg and show up for the show one hour ahead of time. I did what he said.

That night I had to cover up and sneak in the back door. I was on the main event wrestling Gene Kiniski and couldn't let the wrestling fans see that I couldn't walk. Gene was there one hour ahead of schedule. He taped my leg tight as a cast from top to bottom, then said bend it till you get a slight tear in the tape by your knee. As Gene left, he growled, "Okay kid, I will see you in the ring."

Gene Kiniski was there every night that week one hour ahead of schedule to tape my knee before we wrestled, then we would go into the ring and he would whip the heck out of me but leave the knee alone. I owe it to Gene Kiniski that I did not have to have surgery on my knee in Vancouver and he may have saved my career, In fact I have been wrestling all these years and never had more trouble or surgery on my knees.

When time came to leave the Vancouver Territory and return to Amarillo, I was wondering what to give to Gene Kiniski for a gift to thank him for taking care of me and most likely saving my career in wrestling but as my advisor, Big Gene left nothing to chance. At my last show in Vancouver, Gene came to me and said, "Listen Kid, Before you leave for Amarillo, you need to go to the liquor store and pick up a bottle of Crown Royal and on your way out drop it off and my house in Bellingham." (Washington) On the way out of the territory with wife and kids we stopped by Gene's house with Gene's bottle of Crown Royal.

Five years later in Tampa Florida on February 11, 1969 I went over Gene Kiniski for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. No one was prouder of my career as NWA Champion than Gene Kiniski.

At WCW's Slamboree in '93, Gene Kiniski was my manager in the legends match against Nick Bockwinkel. Verne Gagne was in Bockwinkel's corner and John Valentine was commentating the match. As we walked into the ring at the Omni, Gene had his arm around my shoulder, still the boss and still telling me what to do. As we came to the center of the ring in the Omni in Atlanta, He stopped, looked at me and said, "Look up, Your father is up there looking at us now. Do you see Nick Bockwinkel over there?" "Give'em hell Kid."

January 25th, 2010, 10:09 pm #7

A few things to say
by Dusty Dillinger (no login)

I feel this is important. I have never made it a habit of getting on these things and putting stuff up, but seeing how I'm leaving i thought I might like to say a couple things. Firstly, WAR wrestling produces results each and every time a show is held. From finding and utilizing talent to the best of their ability to putting asses in the seats. I have been around this business for 13 years and besides WAR I have seen maybe 1 other indy promotion get the results WAR does.Noone gets the crowds like WAR, noone puts on the show WAR does,and noone treats the workers like WAR does. Workers who are willing to act like professionals get treated as such and are included in the booking process. If WAR knows who you are and your still not getting used there is a reason, and instead of blaming someone else take a good look at yourself and the way you conduct yourself, both in the ring and in the locker room. Now I'm sure there will be some people out there who read this and get all pissed off or think that I am partial to WAR but I am being 100% honest here. I've been around a while, seen more and done more than half of you sitting there cursing me right now. Really the point of this is to tell all of you that if you want something out of this you have to go get it. Stop being so damn petty in your bickering and fighting over mundane bullshit. Work together, help out the young guys, make them understand it a little bit better rather than try to just bury them to get yourself over. Hold yourself and others to a little bit higher standards. this business already gets laughed at and made fun of. Stop giving people ammunition to use. If WE dont take pride in what we're doing NOONE will and this business will be gone. Learn your craft, be proud to tell people this is what you do. And for christ sakes buy some real gear!! Dont wrestle for the guys in the back or yourselves. There are people who are sitting in front of you that paid money to see you, acknowledge that. It makes them feel special. It also opens their wallets... just like a strip club guys.. you pay your money to the girl who makes you think you have a chance. Anyhow. it has been an honor working with all of you that I have, I do wish I could have met more of you. Keep training, learning, and doing what only we can do. All the best

Dusty

Re: A few things to say
by . (no login)

...instead of blaming someone else take a good look at yourself and the way you conduct yourself
...rather than try to just bury them to get yourself over
...Learn your craft, be proud to tell people this is what you do
...Dont wrestle for the guys in the back or yourselves
...There are people who are sitting in front of you that paid money to see you, acknowledge that

5 statesments that are well said. Kudos

January 25th, 2010, 10:11 pm #8

Hi all, As I've said from time to time I respect the years I spent running MadMar with Rocky back in the NW Pennsylvania area.. so I thought i'd hit u with an update from yer fave "wrestling promoter turned comedian/producer"..

A few days ago out here in sunny CA we just shot 6 episodes of "ROB VAN DAM's EXTREME Championship Comedy" for SPIKE-TV. The basic story is RVD invades my wrestling/comedy comedy and thrashes the product by beating up my performers, spray painting, etc.. He isn't alone either...

It was RAD, heres the Poster from the shoot.

A few pics as well:

Hope things are going well for all of u.

All the Best,
~Tim

Re: PICS FROM... Rob Van Dam's EXTREME Championship Comedy!!
by . (no login)

W.....T....F?!

Posted on Jan 23, 2010, 7:54 PM

January 26th, 2010, 12:05 am #9

Posted on 1/25/110 by Mike Informer

Parma's pro wrestler does awesome job of making name for himself as 'The Miz'
By Jodie Valade January 25, 2010, 10:51AM

Mike Mizanin likes to remind anyone who will listen that he is pretty awesome.

The Parma native has carved out an awesome life in his dream job, he has an awesome house in balmy Los Angeles, a pretty awesome whirlwind social life where he hangs out with celebrities and is rumored to date reality stars, and even his very own, particularly awesome toy action figure.

Not that he's one to brag, or anything. Because he has you to thank for it.

Yes, Cleveland, if not for you, the smug World Wrestling Entertainment villain "The Miz" wouldn't have had both the grounding to make him who he is, and the drive to break the mold of where he's come from.

You see, not so very long ago, the 29-year-old was slogging through shifts at his dad's Mr. Hero sandwich shops on Ridge Road and Denison Avenue, wondering if that was to be his destiny or if there was more to life.

"I kind of had that Parma, Ohio, mentality that after high school you go to college," Mizanin said in a recent phone interview. "Then, after college you get a job, then you get a family. And after that you just stick around Parma."

Mizanin always has wanted more, from the time he was a scrawny cross country runner, baseball player and student council president at Normandy High School, to when he appeared on MTV's "The Real World" in New York City and was maligned as the intolerant and arrogant roommate, to even now, as the World Wrestling Entertainment United States Champion who begs to be hated.

Part actor, part athlete, and all attitude, "The Miz," as he's known to millions of WWE fans who watch him each Monday night on "RAW," has no hint of insincerity when he flashes his bright smile and bellows his signature line in arenas:

"I'm The Miz, and I'm awesome!"

Going out into 'The Real World'

Parma's Mike Mizanin unveiled "The Miz" on MTV's "The Real World" in 2001 before landing in the WWE and becoming U.S. champion in October 2009. But the little-known fact is that The Miz was not always so awesome. He once was headed on the same path he saw all his friends traveling. He's always been a ham, though, the bright-faced kid with the crooked grin who loved attention. So when he was in his sophomore year at Miami University and someone suggested he try out for MTV's "The Real World," he figured he'd give it a shot.

It was the 10th anniversary of the popular reality show that crams 20-somethings of various backgrounds under the same roof to see what the social experiment yields, and Mizanin was an outspoken natural on it. But he also got into clashes with a black roommate about race while on the show, and he says that he never felt like hewas understood.

"I became kind of an outcast, which was my first time being an outcast inmy life,"Mizanin said.

Instead of rejecting his new role, Mizanin embraced it and began formulating his pro wrestling character, The Miz the one who is shunned and doubted and must overcome all naysayers to achieve goals.

The experience forced him to examine his life ambitions and focus on what he really wanted. In his case, it was fame, via pro wrestling.

Mizanin was the kid who would invite 20 to 30 of his closest friends over to his dad's house each Sunday to watch pay-per-view wrestling matches while scarfing down pizza. He would try out moves and practice his evil stare in the mirror. Once, his father, George, was on a trip where Wrestlemania was being held, and he returned with a program covered with signatures from all the pro wrestling stars. (Only recently, when Mizanin went looking for the program he had saved for decades, did he learn his father had forged the signatures just to make his young son happy.)

So after returning from "The Real World" filming, when Mizanin was back in his Parma bedroom, he looked into the mirror, saw an action figure of WWE star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson hanging nearby and told himself that he was going to follow his childhood dream of becoming a pro wrestler.

"That was the one time I really looked at myself and said, 'I can do whatever I want with my life,'" Mizanin said. "I don't have to go back to college."

Better get into character

Mike Mizanin once was a lanky cross country runner and baseball player for Normandy High school. Now he's "The Miz," a pro wrestling villain who has been romantically linked to Lauren Conrad of MTV's "The Hills."Mizanin began working on his character of The Miz, puffing out the frat-boy cockiness and working his way up the pro wrestling chain. He spent three years wrestling in lower-level leagues until in 2004 he was invited to another reality show WWE's "Tough Enough." It was an elimination wrestling show where the winner secured a $1 million contract with the WWE.

Mizanin placed second as voted by viewers but he made his mark. Since then, The Miz has worked his way up from hosting shows to finally displaying his wrestling skills as a tag-team champion and now, as one of the "heels" the wrestling term for villainsthat fans love to hate.

His preppy, arrogant character always arrives at the ring with perfectly coifed hair, he shows off his championship belt by slinging it over his shoulder, proclaims his perfection and awesomeness at every turn, and he's even been linked romantically with other reality stars, most recently Lauren Conrad of MTV's "The Hills" fame.

It's hard to say where the real Mizanin ends and the character of The Miz begins.

"For me, it's a hyper version of myself, a cockier version of myself," Mizanin said. "I know how to make myself very, very cocky and annoying. That's my character. I enjoy doing it. People hate it. But I don't mind it when people hate it."

"Michael has got a fantastic personality," his father said. "He's very, very smart. He's a comedian. I think he's going to definitely go into movies or something. I don't think that's his goal, but what they're doing with him on WWE, I don't see them doing that with anybody else."

His former tag-team partner, who is now on the good side in the wrestling world after Mizanin turned against him, sees how the magnified personality has worked for The Miz.

"In my opinion, the mark of a good superstar is somebody who is emphatically himself. And he is 100 percent The Miz all of the time," John Morrison told WWE Magazine. "As annoying and obnoxious and loud-mouthed and bad-breathed and close-talking as he is, those are all reasons why people watch television and think, 'Man, I don't like that guy.' It's because he's not acting. He really is that annoying and that's going to take him to the top."

If you ask The Miz, he's been at the top for years. He's wrestled all over the world, performed with everyone from Shaquille O'Neal to Ozzy Osbourne to Mike Tyson. He went to Iraq recently, his second trip to the country, to perform in a "Tribute to the Troops" show.

But he still comes back to the city that grounded him, takes his high school friends on a bus tour of Cleveland's best bars at Thanksgiving on an outing he calls "Mizfest," and goes to his uncle's North Royalton bar to sign autographs whenever he has a chance.

He might be awesome now, but that's only because Cleveland helped make him that way.

"When I was in Cleveland, Ohio, if you asked me what I'd be doing in 10 years, I'd probably say, 'I'll own my own Mr. Hero, living in Cleveland, married with three kids.'

"Now I can say I've literally traveled the world with WWE. I just got back from Europe, I've been to Japan and Iraq, I've performed in front of 80,000 people live. How many people can say they've had those experiences?"

Not many. But he can. Because he's The Miz, and he's awesome.

Original article/Cleveland.com

January 26th, 2010, 12:07 am #10

Hi all, As I've said from time to time I respect the years I spent running MadMar with Rocky back in the NW Pennsylvania area.. so I thought i'd hit u with an update from yer fave "wrestling promoter turned comedian/producer"..

A few days ago out here in sunny CA we just shot 6 episodes of "ROB VAN DAM's EXTREME Championship Comedy" for SPIKE-TV. The basic story is RVD invades my wrestling/comedy comedy and thrashes the product by beating up my performers, spray painting, etc.. He isn't alone either...

It was RAD, heres the Poster from the shoot.

A few pics as well:

Hope things are going well for all of u.

All the Best,
~Tim

Re: PICS FROM... Rob Van Dam's EXTREME Championship Comedy!!
by . (no login)

W.....T....F?!

Posted on Jan 23, 2010, 7:54 PM

Chris Jericho says new Fozzy album is 'Surprisingly Mature'
Posted 1 hr ago by Kyle Anderson in Music

On Tuesday (January 26), Chris Jericho will be in Cincinnati, Ohio for a taping of "WWE Smackdown," the weekly wrestling show he calls home. But he'll also be celebrating the release of Chasing the Grail, the fourth album from his band Fozzy. Chasing the Grail is a dynamic slab of modern metal, full of heavy riffs, prog progressions, ear-bleeding solos and shout-along melodies. At the center of it all is Jericho's dynamic voice, which combines the ethereal whine of Ozzy Osbourne with Phil Anselmo's rugged growl.

It's one thing to put out an album full of badass rock music, but it's another to have the fickle metal audience embrace you (especially when your frontman wears tights most of the time). But Jericho was in bands long before he was a wrestler, and he has figured out how to win people over.

"The first couple of records were more of just a fun thing we did mostly covers," Jericho said. "And sure, we first got identified as 'The band with the wrestler as the singer,' but you can only take that gimmick so far. Kiss is the band with makeup, but if the tunes weren't there it wouldn't have worked.

Jericho is particularly proud of Chasing the Grail's expanded sound. "We did our first ballad on this record. We did a 14 minute Dream Theater kind of prog rock thing, and then we did the thrashers," Jericho explains. "It's the first time we put all of our influences together. It's all Fozzy, but it's very diverse. People will be surprised at dare I say it how mature it is."

He'll continue on the road to WrestleMania XXVI (live on March 28 in Glendale, Arizona) and hopes to squeeze in a handful of shows with Fozzy somewhere in between. As far as critical reception of Chasing the Grail goes, he only really listens to his favorite review of all time. "I met Ronnie James Dio, and he told me I had a great voice," he said. "That was a pretty huge deal."