Nanner
Indianafishin"aholic"

24 Feb 2012, 00:42 #1

aceman
Indianafishin Junkie
aceman
Indianafishin Junkie

24 Feb 2012, 00:51 #2

Kinda defeats the fun of fishing if ya ask me. Part of the fun is wondering what is down there. Hell I use a cheap hummingbird float/dock fish finder on my kayak. All I need to know are 2 things... Depth and water temp. :hooked: For $1500 the fish better find me lol.

When I'm out on the gulf fishing I dont want to know what is out there. Imagin out on a small boat or kayak in about 20-30ft of water and you see a 10-15ft bull or hammer on that thing I'd freek.

Nanner
Indianafishin"aholic"
Nanner
Indianafishin"aholic"

24 Feb 2012, 00:55 #3

Checked it out again.... The mount on the pole is interesting....I wander how much abuse it could take? I'm checking out the side imaging seminar tomorrow night it be interesting how this will feed into the seminar talk now.

aceman
Indianafishin Junkie
aceman
Indianafishin Junkie

24 Feb 2012, 00:58 #4

nanner @ Feb 23 2012, 07:55 PM wrote: Checked it out again.... The mount on the pole is interesting....I wander how much abuse it could take? I'm checking out the side imaging seminar tomorrow night it  be interesting how this will feed into the seminar talk now.
Ya that thing would be dead on Sal or Miss Res from a stump sitting 1 ft under water. But I guess if it works as advertised you should already know that stump is there.

bubbagill
Indianafishin Addict
bubbagill
Indianafishin Addict

24 Feb 2012, 01:24 #5

WOW, I won't lie it is cool. But when do we say enough is enough and just go fishing,lol. I honestly think this is more of a toy then a tool, much like a camera for ice fishing. Yes don't get me wrong there is a lot to learn by watching it, but at some point ya gotta turn the tv off and fish,lol. I think sometimes basic and simple is the way to go.
I will tell you a story written in the language of an ice fisher men cause that is the only real rock solid fishing knowledge I have. Nine years ago I started ice fishing I had Three Schooley rods, a borrowed Mora blue auger, a plumit[depth weight], a foldable bag style lawn chair, about Ten Dot hooks, and bee moths. I would drill Three holes and use the plumit and find bottom and sit for HOURS AND HOURS smiling and jiggin, the success rate was very low, I seldom moved around, and I loved every damn moment of it thoroughly. Now I have a Vex and a clam and a better auger, too many expensive rods, and hundreds of jigs, I move often and the vex has improved my success rate by at least a hundred fold. But some times now with all of my new tools I have to remind my self of my old days and slow down and enjoy it for what it is.
The morale of this story is that now the innosense is gone when there are fish on the vex and they wont bite I get pissed and try a few hundred things and cuss ALOT,LOL. In my honest opinion this 360 degree camera is great technology that we should welcome, but it seems that maybe it is too much, and will take the innosense out of fishing. But hey to each their own, I aint going out with out the vex, so I can not really say too much. Sorry for the ramble,lol. :D
Marking Reds, catching Greens. LIVE LAUGH LOVE.

Limit_Out
Indianafishin Junkie
Limit_Out
Indianafishin Junkie

24 Feb 2012, 02:36 #6

That's crazy. I'm still learning how to use side imaging. I finally found the settings, after working at it all season, in November or December at Prairie Creek. The light buld went on when I got it set right. I agree with the tv and ice fishing thing. It's great to see the reaction the fish have but man does it piss me off more than less.
Go Bears

sodbuster1
Indianafishin Junkie
sodbuster1
Indianafishin Junkie

24 Feb 2012, 02:39 #7

Dropping overf 2500 for a damn 1198 forthe new boat....ill be damned if i pay another 1500 fo something that will just get broken first time i drive near anything. This is just another ay for someone just to say....ive one topping you! I bet the bass guys at giest and morse are running out to add it to their already 70k boats!
Great tips and resources for everything in the Wild Indiana outdoors.
Wild Indiana Magazine

Nanner
Indianafishin"aholic"
Nanner
Indianafishin"aholic"

24 Feb 2012, 03:36 #8

I truly think it would work similar to side imaging but 360 and not 300 per side... I could really see the bass guys pitching really liking this feature....

Hell Sod with that new fishhawk loaded out ...what's another 1500...lol ;) ...would be an awesome tool for pitchen spoons....

sodbuster1
Indianafishin Junkie
sodbuster1
Indianafishin Junkie

24 Feb 2012, 11:38 #9

Heck no! Gotta sell a car,boat and use my whole tax check just to make a down payment big enough to make payments reasonable.....lol. untill i get the car and boat sold, ill be making a down payment!
Great tips and resources for everything in the Wild Indiana outdoors.
Wild Indiana Magazine

Nanner
Indianafishin"aholic"
Nanner
Indianafishin"aholic"

24 Feb 2012, 12:04 #10

sodbuster1 @ Feb 24 2012, 06:38 AM wrote: Heck no! Gotta sell a car,boat and use my whole tax check just to make a down payment big enough to make payments reasonable.....lol. untill i get the car and boat sold, ill be making a down payment!
Understand that...I got the new truck bug running rampant here in the nanner house...lol...so know what you r talking about...

Nanner
Indianafishin"aholic"
Nanner
Indianafishin"aholic"

25 Feb 2012, 16:41 #11

talking to a H rep last night at a seminar- they told him release in August and $1999 - so not sure where the $1499 price in the article came from????