Black Tiger
Balcony Gang, Foist Class
Black Tiger

9:03 AM - Jul 30, 2008 #11

They'll probably come out one day. When the owners feel they can get the biggest bang for the buck.

Laughing Gravy
Laughing Gravy

4:05 PM - Jul 30, 2008 #12

I hope they finish the runs of The Bob Newhart Show and Newhart. Leave it to Beaver would be nice, too.
"I'm glad that this question came up, because there are so many ways to answer it that one of them is bound to be right." - Robert Benchley

stacia
stacia

7:07 AM - Jul 31, 2008 #13

I also wondered where the rest of R&B was. I do hope they're eventually released. Heck, if Disney can release "Dinosaurs" (which I own, thankyouverymuch) then the powers that be can release Rocky & Bullwinkle.

It's odd seeing the show in order, as part of the charm was seeing random episodes pop up whenever my local station managed to schedule it. A coherent storyline doesn't belong on R&B.

Chandu
Chandu

6:50 PM - Sep 10, 2008 #14

stacia wrote:
It's odd seeing the show in order, as part of the charm was seeing random episodes pop up whenever my local station managed to schedule it.  A coherent storyline doesn't belong on R&B.
That's the way I always felt too, but I hafta admit I'm enjoying seeing the episodes in order. Particularly when the occasional one I haven't seen before pops up!
Not plane, nor bird, nor even frog. It's just little ol' me...

shelbyvinje
shelbyvinje

3:06 AM - Sep 12, 2008 #15

There should be two more seasons, season 4 and 5 that have yet to be released.

Greypilgrim
Greypilgrim

9:40 AM - Sep 13, 2008 #16

Years ago I bought a bootleg tape of the entire R&B "Upsidasium" story which is a loooong damn "storyline". The tape diun't JUST do the story, but the WHOLE show!! Including the Aesops Fables, the Fractured Fairy Tales, the Mr Peabody's and everything in between.

Maybe it was all the "incidentals" that made the story seem so long.....

Then later they came out with some "storyline" sets and I got the one with the Ruby Yacht of Omar Kayam (which is STILL a very pun!! :lol: --almost as funny as the Kurwood Derby!!)

Watching them as an adult, the jokes don't go so far over your head when you were smaller. They sort of get you smack between the eyes.

Laughing Gravy
Laughing Gravy

6:58 PM - Aug 26, 2018 #17

I broke my record of taking 11 years to watch season one of Star Trek! It took me 15 years to get through Season One of Rocky & Bullwinkle!

26 episodes, with Dudley Do-Right, Sherman & Peabody, Fractured Fairy Tales, Aesop and Son, and the bumpers and what-not.

When I started this, Kid Gravy was, well, a kid. The prob was we didn't have time to watch this every day, especially since he was playing soccer and whatnot. So we'd find ourselves skipping it for several weeks and then we'd start over at the beginning since we didn't remember what was going on with the box top bandits, the moon men, etc. We must've re-started season one 5 or 6 times.

So this year, I decided to finally WATCH the entire season, generally an episode on Saturday mornings, and here we are - all done.

Funny, funny stuff. I have seasons 2, 3, and 4 (I picked them up over the years) but not yet 5. I'll get to Season Two one o' these days. Meanwhile, the "Buy one Blimpie 6" sub and get a second for only 39¢" coupon sadly expired on 1/31/04, darn it.
"I'm glad that this question came up, because there are so many ways to answer it that one of them is bound to be right." - Robert Benchley