Forum rules
[Event] Events, competitions and giveaways
[GRP] New Grps/grp related news
[PLOT] Plot related Information
[Shop] Shop related information
[News] General Announcements

Zetaboards to Tapatalk Conversion

4:34 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #1

Zetaboards will be converted to Tapatalk sometime within the next few weeks. There will be a lot of changes when this happens but there should be no loss of data. We aren't really sure what they'll have ready by the time Zetaboards is migrated over. There are less board customization options on Tapatalk, and the ones they do have require a subscription payment. The biggest difference is Tapatalk, unlike Zetaboards, will remove inactive boards that have not received posts. Anything you care about needs to be saved off of Imythess if you want that information preserved.

If after the Zetaboards migration it becomes clear that the platform is no longer serving our needs as a roleplay site, the current Imythess staff will provide more information on the specific steps we're taking to allow your activities to continue into the future in as smooth a way as possible. Please follow any instructions that might be posted by the current Imythess staff team. The Cbox will remain unchanged and is a good place to go if functionality is severely interrupted at any point in time.

This conversion is unlikely to affect ongoing or current RPs in any way, so don't worry.

Make sure to save a direct link to the cbox and the board itself(s2.zetaboards.com/Imythess/). The domain is not reliable in the event of a migration due to it being a subscriber perk on Tapatalk.

1:35 PM - Jul 11, 2018 #2

If I recall properly, there might be a way to get a backup "copy" of our forum so that current information isn't lost. It was something that came up in the move from InvisionFree to ZetaBoards.

If memory serves, it was how the shops made it through the transition, as the move butchered the formatting and the connections between images, descriptions, and cost. I believe it was Lothlomendil who was dealing with that, but I could be recalling wrong. It was a while ago after all!

My parents own a web site business and I know that they would be happy to host Imy if it comes to that. This site holds a dear place in my heart, and even though life gets in the way of me getting back on here again (at least right now), I am always happy to see it going strong. I would hate for things to not work out well, so let me know if you need a home for Imy. Even if it is just a transitional home, I would be glad to help!

Best wishes for a safe move!
- AD
Name: Ivory
..Race: Oread
..Class: Healer
.. ..Alignment: True Neutral
1st Element: Earth.........
2ed Element: Air..............

9:44 PM - Jul 11, 2018 #3

The backup download option was only available for Invisionfree boards (which were transitioned this year to ZB) and it had costs scaling with the size of the board. If Imy hadn't moved to ZB, it would cost roughly 400 dollars by my estimate to get the DB dump.

9:16 AM - Jul 20, 2018 #4

Leyanni wrote:There are less board customization options on Tapatalk, and the ones they do have require a subscription payment. The biggest difference is Tapatalk, unlike Zetaboards, will remove inactive boards that have not received posts.
Wait, entire boards? Or are you talking forums? Or do you mean just emptying forums/boards?

Do you know how this will affect sites like my white board site, where I throw ideas at the wall until something sticks or just put in ideas for later use, et cetera? Or sites like my pet project site, which I'm working on from time to time but not constantly posting in?

As an active admin, you probably have a much better understanding of the changes going on. I saw announcements about the change to Tapatalk but that didn't tell me much. I guess they have planning of this going back well into 2017, but this is the first I've heard of it. I'm curious how big the changes will actually be, such as the customization options you mentioned; I know Imythess has a lot of customization that isn't standard, but I obviously don't know if that's all in the CSS or Header/Body or Java or whatever else.

If you wanna answer my questions privately, you can just PM me on this account, if you like...or just ignore me, if I'm bugging you...but I hadn't seen anything about a migration before now. I dislike change. >_>

P.S. Do you know if this will affect how skins work as well? I know certain boards require certain formats for skinning (e.g. IF/JCink vs ProBoards).