Forum rules
Info [table=1,,1] [b]Announcements Key [/b] [c] [list] [*] [b][Event] [/b] - Events, competitions, and giveaways.
[*] [b][GRP] [/b] - New GRPs or GRP-related news.
[*] [b][Plot] [/b] - Plot-related information.
[*] [b][Shop] [/b] - Updated or new shops and retirement of items.
[*] [b][News] [/b] - General board announcements.
[list] [*] [b]Example: [/b] Added a new theme, temporary site/CBox unavailability, promotions, forums rearranged, etc. [/list] [*] [b][Sys] [/b] - Big changes to the way the board is set up or how we handle the shops (the "system").
[list] [*] [b]Example: [/b] Conversion to ZetaBoards, addition of RPer levels, addition of fighter abilities, etc. [/list] [/list] [/table]

Tournament Signups

April 11th, 2018, 1:39 am #1

Everyone loves events! To take some of the heat off our hardworking Storytellers while they are busy slinging Plot, let's have some hot PvP action (adjudicated by me, Snellopy). That's right, it's tournament season! But before you look at your roster of alts with a critical eye, read on as you'll soon see that we're trying something different, perfect for both new players and those returning after a long hiatus:
Imythess is inundated with the famous and important, but this time we're ignoring the big leagues. To participate in the Tabula Rasa Tournament, players roll a new alt, and will have access to starting gear and a free[note]The gold doesn't come from your accounts, but you won't get to keep any unspent gold, nor the items at the end of the tournament.[note] inventory of 700g, selected from any shop[note]Excluding Leadership, Ships, CIT, Trusted Agent and GRP Prize pools. No transferring itemst to them, no UITs[note]. No fusions allowed except for simple substitutions along the lines of sword to axe and such. Enchantments are allowed, but must be declared at the time of purchase.

You can optionally earn an extra 50g to use on your alt, by completing this GRP Short Story with your contestant to introduce the character and give them some backstory so you feel attached to them, if you wish. The GRP ticket will go to your main account.[note]If you choose this, then the gold and items purchased with it will also evaporate at the end of the tournament, so choose wisely! The GRP ticket will go to your main, and cannot be used by your tournament entrant.[note]

The brackets will be set up by Random Number Generator, and like with storyteller events, you fine folks will have a 3 day window to get at least one post in. If both you and your opponent have posted, feel free to have at it again. If your opponent does not post within 3 days, you may follow up with your next post, including the effects suffered by your previous round. All combatants need to make at least 4 posts within a 2 week period. Rounds will last for up to two weeks.

Standard entertainment judging rules will apply. The focus is on entertaining fights, adherence to item use rules, and basic roleplay etiquette. Scores (1 point for participation, 2 points for the winner) will not be announced during traditional round breakdowns, if you request feedback as it progresses, I will only list solid sections in your writing of the field of battle and anything that detracted majorly. Rounds will be entirely random, and not based off of current standings.

At the completion of the tournament, the inventories of all participants will be returned to the starter items only. You do get to keep the gold from posting, so like voting, post early and often.

If you intend to join, please reply to this thread with your newly minted alt, making sure you have already added them to your alt registry (I'd also appreciate if you gave them an avatar). Your single shop thread listing all your combatant's purchases should be placed no later than 11PM, 30th April MDT Timezone (so -6, Imy Admin Timezone), and the competition will begin on Wednesday May 2nd.

A dram's for the drinking, and gold's for the giving.

April 11th, 2018, 5:34 pm #4

Can we use these new characters in other topics as well? Before/concurrently with the tournament?

"I am a threat to all who oppose me? and anybody else I find along the way."
"O villain, villain, smiling, damned villain!"

Theme
FightingTheme
End Theme

Ogichi in a nutshell

(\AA/)
( =.= )
( >< )
Copy Mr. Hopsters into your sig, to aid him on his quest for board domination.
(EVIL DEMON BUNNY!!!)

Yep. That's Ogichi right there; overpowered demonic character, yet somehow never crosses into godmod territory
-Htton (OOC)

"I saw Horo Ogichi, yes, and lived, for some reason all he did was punt my cat and knock me out, I think he might be after someone specific to murder or to murder say... the entire marketplace."
-Vyserial Noclan

April 11th, 2018, 9:39 pm #6

Okay, yeah, that's an inventory restriction for the tournament, but that doesn't answer the question.

"I am a threat to all who oppose me? and anybody else I find along the way."
"O villain, villain, smiling, damned villain!"

Theme
FightingTheme
End Theme

Ogichi in a nutshell

(\AA/)
( =.= )
( >< )
Copy Mr. Hopsters into your sig, to aid him on his quest for board domination.
(EVIL DEMON BUNNY!!!)

Yep. That's Ogichi right there; overpowered demonic character, yet somehow never crosses into godmod territory
-Htton (OOC)

"I saw Horo Ogichi, yes, and lived, for some reason all he did was punt my cat and knock me out, I think he might be after someone specific to murder or to murder say... the entire marketplace."
-Vyserial Noclan

April 11th, 2018, 11:17 pm #7

Yeah mate, I am fine with you roleplaying them, its the empty inventory that is the gimmick for this tournament, mate.
A dram's for the drinking, and gold's for the giving.

April 12th, 2018, 12:58 am #8

Submitting for Tournament Approval
[+] spoiler
Traits: Robust and Subtle

Skills: Novice Concentration and Adept Arcana

Feat: Split Target

Starting Equipment: Dagger, Healing Potion, Cantrip

Shop Inventory:
0/700
Animate Dead - 45
Call Ghost - 30
Halt Undead - 20
Mend Undead - 20
Summon Wraith - 30
Haunting Tide - 90
Archmage Lv.1 - 45
Novice to Adept Stealth - 40
Recast Spell - 30
Shatter Spell - 30
Alertness - 30
Fireball [Sub to Unholy, flavor to ethereal Skull] - 20 Gold
Necromancy Staff - 60 Gold
Telekinesis - 20
Novice to Adept Acrobatics - 40
Novice to apprentice Concentration - 25 Gold
Novice to Journeyman Diplomacy - 60 Gold
Novice to Apprentice Defense - 25 Gold
Minor Illusion - 20 Gold
660/700

April 13th, 2018, 1:35 am #9

Will be rolling an alt for this, more info coming soon
To walk the path is to suffer. To sacrifice. Justice demands no less.

"The pious clergy guide the flock, and the devout knights protect the weak. Yet even the holiest of men succumb to the darkest of temptations.

None dare to administer justice to these sacrosanct elite residing outside the reach of the law. Who, then, defends the feeble from the transgressions of those meant to guide and protect them?

A valiant few take up arms to defend the downtrodden, and not even the holy priests and knights can escape their judgment. Pariahs in their own land, they are known by many as "dark knights".

These sentinels bear no shields declaring their allegiance. Instead, their greatswords act as beacons to guide the meek through darkness."

[+] spoiler