Forum rules
Dragon Spine Mountains The Dragonspine range runs from coast to coast across the far northern reaches of Imythess. These immense peaks are capped in snow and ice year-round, and quite often the snowfields extend below the treeline for much of the year as well. There are very few passes that penetrate beyond the foothills of these mountains, and even fewer that extend through the the Frozen North beyond. Travel is extraordinarily perilous through these mountains and valleys, for the weather can shift suddenly, bringing on blizzards and gale force winds at any time and in any season. Winter does not entirely loosen its grip here, especially in the upper elevations -- and in the heart of winter, these wild places are completely impassable.

This is perhaps one of the most sparsely populated regions in Imythess. The mountains themselves are steep-sided, rugged, and impressively tall, towering over their southeastern cousins. Many of the grey stone peaks are immense, thrusting like teeth from the earth. The mountainous terrain is cut with extremely narrow valleys, many of them glacially carved and therefore too steep to be scaled into or out of. Rivers that run these courses are often swift and violent, and not easily crossed due to their swift current and frigid temperatures.

It is easy to become lost within this range. There are dangers beyond the terrain worthy of concern, for in the not-so-distant past this range of mountains was the home of great winged lizards, and in places their signs can still be easily seen. Despite all the peril, though, it is a beautiful land: blanketed evergreen trees dotted with alpine lakes and streams.

The Future Lady and a Dragon

1:26 AM - May 19, 2018 #1

The Dragon Spines, mountains where dragons lived. Mountains that at the foot of Arthur could call his home. He sat on a out cropping of rock far over the rest of the world. Snow flaked down little by little but it did not bother him. Heat and cold rarely did. He stared out into the vast expanse before him. It was beautiful. Massive spires of rock reached high into the sky. Their snow covered tops almost impossible to see. Clouds hung over man obscuring parts of them from view. The valleys below vibrant and green. Beauty was such a human word but it fit this place well.

There was danger as well of course. The dragons that made this place there home could be said to be dangerous. There were other things but they were not the threat of the dragons. Arthur did not worry. He had no fear of his own kind. Of course he was only half-dragon but that did not matter. They would not bother him if he did not bother them. Though sometimes that might not always be true. He sighed and leaned back his head on the cold rock. He stared into the sky. It was not totally clear clouds hung there depositing snow across the mountains.

He flew among those clouds sometimes. Flight was such a wonderous thing. Few knew the thrills and joys of flight. But no he did not fly today. He merely wanted to watch the world pass by without him in it for awhile. He brushed bits of snow off his face. His human face. One could not tell he was dragon by looking at him right now. He was in human form so he merely looked like a man looking up lazily into the sky. He heard rocks crumbling below him. Someone was making their way up the mountain or something.

He rose from his perch and looked down. He could see movement down below but could not tell what it was. Still he saw no danger yet.
[+] Spoiler
LVl 5 Infernos.LVL 5 Spellblade.Lvl 3 Archmage. Lvl 5 Primal Fist. Lvl 5 Force of Nature. Lvl 5 Irregular Roamer. Lvl 5 Hellfire Soul.
Have Sword. Will Travel.-Arthur
[+] Spoiler
NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ARTHUR. HE IS ALMOST ALWAYS IN HUMAN FORM.HOWEVER I MAY MENTION IN POSTING THAT HE IS IN DRAGON FORM READ CAREFULLY.

'Lo, there do I see my father. 'Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers. 'Lo, there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.' Lo, they do call to me.They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla. Where the brave may live forever.

Arthurs Greatest Themesong Ever

3:49 AM - May 21, 2018 #2

Snow blanketed white across the mountains of Kamor'e Vane.

No.

The Dragonspine Mountains.

Wren slowly trudged up and around the worn trail through the peaks of the mountains, her mind correcting the name of the mountains she was now climbing through. Her travels were taking her northwest of the mountains, towards where she grew up.

She already knew that the Sacred Citadel was not there. But part of her desired to know what it looked like beforehand. There was so much already that was different. It made the different names much easier to distinguish.

The Dragonspines were soft, white, and gentle. Even with the dragons.

Kamor'e Vane was sharp, dark, and cruel. even when the Azathani established a hold there.

The T'Imass was that destructive.

She felt her hair speckling with snow against the dark strands, the flakes were even softer here than they were in her memory. She was so lost in thought she was almost surprised by the sight of a figure sitting up to look at her.

His features were pale and light, a man who looked to be strong and able. And somehow.... familiar.

Where have I seen his face?" she thought to herself before addressing him. "My apologies. I did not mean to startle you."

4:43 AM - May 21, 2018 #3

The figure made its way up and finally Arthur got a good view. A woman no more than 20 made her was up the mountain. She had a crossbow hanging at her side and if he was not mistaken she had a mithril chest armor. She had the look of a fighter albeit more of one of the ones content to shoot at you. Not that Arthur had a problem with that he just preferred a the clash of the sword. Still he wondered why would a lone woman make her way up these mountains.

The same could be said of him. Yet one look in his eyes very much like his kin that flew in these mountains might answer your question. The woman finally noticed him and apologized believing she had startled him. He shook his head and said," Nay lass you didn't startle me. I just heard your ascent up the mountain and wondered what was up. Not many make the trek up these mountains. At least not alone. A few of them do but many regret it. The Dragon Spines can be harsh to those who are unprepared."

Arthur studied her over a bit and said," Still you look like you can handle yourself well enough. Never can be to sure with people. I try to dissuade those who are not prepared at least when I can. I don't always journey up them myself. My home lies in the valley below. Still I like to come up here to think and stare into the sky. Being on top of the world can give new perspective". He looked up and then down back at her and said," I apologize mam. I do that sometimes. The name is Arthur. Arthur Mandraeg".
[+] Spoiler
LVl 5 Infernos.LVL 5 Spellblade.Lvl 3 Archmage. Lvl 5 Primal Fist. Lvl 5 Force of Nature. Lvl 5 Irregular Roamer. Lvl 5 Hellfire Soul.
[+] Spoiler
NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ARTHUR. HE IS ALMOST ALWAYS IN HUMAN FORM.HOWEVER I MAY MENTION IN POSTING THAT HE IS IN DRAGON FORM READ CAREFULLY.

'Lo, there do I see my father. 'Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers. 'Lo, there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.' Lo, they do call to me.They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla. Where the brave may live forever.

3:29 AM - May 24, 2018 #4

The man before her spoke with familiarity about the Dragonspine Mountains. A capability few people could do in the Era of Travel, and fewer in her Era were even capable of believing they could.

The snow crunched beneath her feet as she stopped and he seemed to be sizing her up a bit, a notion she had long since gotten used to. People always were suspicious of strangers, and there were those who took action against women, especially when they were out in the middle of nowhere as they were. But Arthur looked to be one of noble character and the familiarity seemed to set her easy somewhat, although there was a nagging about who he was and why he was familiar.

She smiled. "I can. I... used to live up here actually. Northwest of here." she gestured towards some peaks that were in the direction that seemed the most familiar. The only thing that was more noticeably softer for Kamor'e Vane was those mountains were softer, rounder. More aged and ancient. These were younger, sharper and more ready.

She shook her head at the man as he appologized for rambling. "It's alright. I know these mountains can be dangerous. And it is nice to see things from a higher view. Perspective is always important."

The man introduced himself as Arthur and she recognized the Lineage name almost immediately.

"Strange... I wonder...could he be related to that Man?

She nodded. "I am Wren Arrn'ess. It is an honor," she replied as she wondered how Arthur was connected to the name. "I do agree that a mountain climb is always nice. If I may ask a strange question? I know your Lineage name. Do you by any chance have a relation to a 'C'Lion Julius Mandraeg?"

7:56 PM - May 24, 2018 #5

The woman said she lived to the Northwest of where they were. She did not smell of dragon blood. Though not only dragons lived in these mountains. So he was wrong to worry then. She would know well the dangers. He replied," A fellow mountain dweller then at one time. You are no dragon though I would guess. Not that they alone live her but are the most numerous." He wondered what the story was behind that.

The woman did say she knew of the dangers. And that perspective was always good from on high. He nodded at that. Then she said her name and then asked him an interesting question. He thought about it. He did not remember a C'Lion Julius. Of course the C'Lion could be a title. Still he could not be sure. He said," I don't think so. The last name is from my mothers side not my fathers. So I don't know the entirety of the Mandraeg line. It is possible I have a relative named that. Though I don't recognize that term C'Lion. Is that some sort of title?"

He paused for a few seconds and then said," If it is. I know no nation that uses it and I have been the length of the world twice over. Mind you I have not been every where. Still I don't recognize it. Why do you ask?"
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

8:25 PM - May 24, 2018 #6

The man mentioned dragons, Wren had heard many more dragons lived now than before in her time. Several had died out due to the destruction caused by the crumbling and the Felling.

She shook her head, small motes of snow fell from her hair to her shoulders. "No. I'm Azathani, though I would forgive you if you were not aware of my race. We can be quite reclusive." she replied with something that seemed to be akin to a smile, it looked uncomfortable on her face as if she was normally as dour as the black and brown colors she wore.

She shrugged as he spoke the name. "I see. I suppose it is possible," she replied as he asked about "C'Lion.'

"Oh. It's a 'title' of sorts. Not in the realm of Nobility but more a title called by virtues, in this case, Valor."

She looked him over again and shrugged once more. "You two have similar features and the name I wondered if he may have been your brother or some such. He's been a companion of mine and a good friend in most cases."

She made a gesture that was unfamiliar, probably something from the race she had mentioned. "He mentioned having several brothers but I've only ever met one of them. I had a thought for a moment that you'd be one too."

9:24 PM - May 24, 2018 #7

Azathani he had never heard of that people. Not that he knew every race. Though she said they were reclusive. That might explain it a lot. Arthur said," Your right never heard of the Azathani. Nor have I ever seen a settlement of the min the mountains. Still if they are reclusive I understand why. The mountains can be a good place to hide" Arthur knew that he had to hunt people in these mountains before. Expert trackers even had a hard time tracking those reaches.

She explained C'Lion to him. A title of virtue not nobility. Arthur held no love in his heart for nobility. So a society of titles based on merit and virtue appealed to him. Still he knew of no Mandraeg with such a title. She then explained of this Julius. Brother definitely not, not of the Mandraeg line except Joran. Cousins maybe but none named Julius that he knew of.

Arthur said," No brothers other than my youngest Joran. My mother had no other children except me, Jor and my sister. A cousin perhaps. Though why he would look like me I know not. None of the other Mandraegs look human. They are of elvish origin. It is possible there is an off shoot into human stock. Though I am not sure". The woman spoke again saying the man had several brothers. That she only knew one of other.

He was puzzled by this greatly. He asked,"Where have you met these Mandraeg's? It is odd that there would be so many out in the world when the biggest concentration is in Norwood. Not that I don't believe you I just find it odd. Perhaps my mother would know of these Mandraeg's. Though she rarely mentions her family. Grandfather never really approved of my father. Of course that tends to happen when your father is a dragon".

He said it in the hopes that the woman might think he had no connection. He did not think he did anyway. Plus he wanted to see the womans reaction.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

3:58 AM - May 27, 2018 #8

He seemed to accept the Azathani as reclusive, which, they were... Several hundred years from now.

Wren paused as she listened to his comment about a younger brother. Joran, not Julius but she knew the name to be true.

Arthur seemed puzzled, his aura shifted and she felt the reverberations of his thoughts. She paused thinking.

"Julius? Hm... I think I first met him while I was exploring the.." She paused. Wait... what was it called now? It's not the... Ivory! That's what it was!

"The Ruins around the Ivory Empire? Yea. I wanna say there. He and I both ended up looking for some old artifacts. Helped each other out of that pinch of soot." she explained with a bit of emphasis on whatever the "pinch of soot' Was. "I think he said he was around these mountains somewhere? I'm not sure. I know he was from the mountains but I think it was this one. It's the only one with Dragons."

Blinking she furrowed her brow. "Yea..." She trailed tilting her head. "He... has dragon blood..." she spoke as Arthur mentioned the comment of having a dragon for a father.

Arthur Maendrag... Wait! Could this be THE Arthur?

4:23 AM - May 28, 2018 #9

She explained where she met this man but it made little sense to Arthur. He never heard of the Ivory Empire. She could be talking about the Ivory League and the Ivory Maze that made some sense. And he had no idea what a pinch of soot was unless she meant it was all ash. Which sounded equally impossible he had been there and it was no wasteland. Much of that was in ruins yes but not ash.

He said," Are you talking of the Ivory League? And the Ivory Maze? Never heard it called an Empire. As for the soot I have been there and I saw little soot sure a few ruins but alot still there to explored and people do live near." Then she said something equally impossible about him being here and him being of the blood. This woman had to be lying but Arthur smelled only truth from her.

He thought for a minute and his eyes narrowed on her. He went up to her and looked in her eyes. His nose flared as he smelled her. He said," Your either the most gifted story teller in the world or its the bloody truth and I don't know what I think I know. I smell no deceit from you and I can smell lies from a mile off. So I have one question that might solve this. You see I was recently involved in a bit of unpleasantness involving time travel. So would you be from the future?"
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

7:18 PM - May 29, 2018 #10

The Azathani grunted as he spoke of Piece of Soot and specifics of the Leagur versus Empire.

“Your language is so specific sometimes.” she sighed. “Piece of soot is…” she pondered for a moment. “I can't figure out another colloquialism that is similar. It means an annoying amount of trouble.”

She shook her head. “Sorry. Translations are hard for me for certain words. Some words are all one thing to the Azathani.”

Arthur, it seemed, wouldn't take it.

He growled and asked if she was from the future.

She blinked and gave a wry grin. “My my my… I don't think anyone ever even thought about that with anything I've said that's similar.” similar she nodded.

“Yes. I am.”