Forum rules
Green Gryphon

The inn of Kellen is the busiest building of the village. The inn is often full of travelers, and many nights the warm common room fills with of even locals, just in from a hard days work, to listen to some bard passing through.

Here you will find a bed for the night, or spend the evening in the common room where the ale is sweet.

The simple tables and chairs are a bit rickety, but had once been fine and strong, the horse motifs upon them still prominent.

Mini-ST Event: Changing Seasons

Joined: October 3rd, 2013, 11:52 pm

August 15th, 2018, 1:22 pm #1

Warning wrote:
. Use any character or any number of alts and be aware that your actions will have consequences.

There is no true limit to your characters actions as long as you can justify them. Do not act willful or crazily or you may regret it.

You can participate in this event to whatever extent you want. There are quests to be done, but you can also just use it as a place to informally interact with other Player Characters and the variety of important setting NPCs who might feature in the event. There's also a new system that will be set up here.

To find out more about what's going on, you have to ask and explore IC by making posts in this topic.

This is not a true ST topic though there will be rewards and treats for all participants regardless of who and how far they go.

Remember: Actions have consequences. Sacrifices must be made. Everyone gives up something. The choice is always yours.
The old warn grandfather clock in the common room chimes ten thirty in the evening and though it is dwindling to the witching hour few people have taken the form to sleep just yet.

The ale tonight seems sweeter than usual, maybe its because of the dwindling summer heat and the final release of the overbearing sun to the much cooler, calmer evening. The first day of Autumn is fast approaching and the farmers of the outlying lands are all ready to put their feet up tonight.

The song in the air is calm and relaxing, a pleasant way to spend an evening you must agree. The laughter is hearty and the mood is high despite the heat the days are still bringing.

The peace, however, is not to last.

The door slams open and everyone nearby it seems to pause.

Standing there, in the doorway, is a figure garbed in rags and is clutching their side. Blood seeps from between their fingers as they (you realize you can't tell if they are male or female or whatever race they are) staggers in.

"They are after me!" the voice, growling and hoarse manages before collapsing five steps inside.

Out the door from where you can see trickles of light are coming your way. There's a group of 'them', whoever they and are very much heading your way to whoever is lying on the floor currently.
Night Never Ends
Information | Sign-Up Closed | Main Topic | Discussion

Subject: The Dragonspines | Difficulty: Hard | Length: Standard to Enduring
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 7th, 2018, 6:26 pm

August 15th, 2018, 2:29 pm #2

Arten was annoyed. His teachers final words to him had been to get out into the world and see more of it. For him to quit wasting away and being comfortable in the slums of Taras. So Arten had left Taras and had then discovered the truth. He really hated "adventure". First horses stank and weren't all that comfortable to ride. Second most of those in the adventuring profession had about the same amount of common sense as a fish. Strike that fish at least had enough common sense not to throw themselves up on dry land. So now it had come to pass that he sat in a bar in Kellen called The Green Gryphon. He had learned throughout a few "adventures" that bar's were a frequent spot of people getting hurt or doing other stupid things. Since he was trying to become a better healer.......bar it was. He was currently eating his meal, drinking a water, and watching two smaller folks, about the size of children, sing and dance on a table top.

"You can keep your fancy ales/ you can drink em from a big bin
but the only brew for the brave and truuuuuueeeee/comes from the Green Gryphon!"


With that the pair smashed their cups together and drank deeply while the crowed cheered. Arten was waiting to see if one of them would manage to fall off the table and require his skill. Currently he wasn't sure if that would be the case or not. Then the expected yet unexpected happened. The door burst open and a man staggered inside and yelled out.

"They're after me!"

He then collapsed and proceeded to bleed all over the floor. Arten got up and dashed over.

"They sure did didn't they Cindy? And would you just look at this? You're bleeding all over the floor. Might wanna pick that up. The red liquid needs to stay on the inside if it's going to do you any good at all. I know just a wonderful idea. So if you could not die in the next three minutes that'd be just....well it would be swell."

With that he got to work packing and bandaging the wounds. Always remove issues before casting healing or they would cause issues AFTER casting healing. Being a good medic was a lot harder than anyone thought. Still this guy was the most interesting thing Arten had come across in a week and he was damned if he was gonna let him die off now.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: July 22nd, 2018, 7:43 pm

August 16th, 2018, 2:13 am #3

That's my luck, the day I start my vacation something happens. " I get it you're hurt but you could have led then literally anywhere else but here. I mean there's the guards barr- annnnnd he's collapsed." I looked out the door and saw there were lights approaching. I stood there for a moment and tried to get a good look at whatever was following the person. "Everyone who is able bodied get a weapon and start barricading the windows all else get to the back rooms." I downed my ale and drew my sword. I was ready for whatever was coming
[img]https://.net/image/7g2gy.gif[/img]


Please help my eggies grow.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 3rd, 2013, 11:52 pm

August 16th, 2018, 8:14 pm #4

Arten:
First aid: Journeyman
Arcana: Expert

Well, it is swell indeed. The figure manages to stay alive for three minutes to get patched up. You manage to peel the hand from the ball of rags pressed against the wound and take a look. It's not as bad as it looks, but it's still pretty bad. The wound is a few inches deep and just barely missed vital parts but there's still all that blood leaking out. Dirty as those rags maybe he at least had enough sense to stop the wound from spilling everywhere. On closer inspection you can tell that the figure is a male half-elf, his green eyes peering at you silently. He grunts and grits his teeth as you pull out something from the wound. A piece of metal, black in color and smooth, covered in his blood and about an inch long. After applying the proper spells and first aid it looks like he'll make a bit of a recovery. You don't think that piece of metal is anything normal, the question is. How much do you care to examine it further?

"Thanks..." he grunts.

Nathaniel:
You get up and peer at the lights, it looks like they are magical orbs of light illuminating the path for the group coming toward you. A basic light spell maybe? Hell if you know. There are about five people you think. You give the order to barricade things and order anyone who can't fight to take cover. Drawing your sword you get ready for a fight. And boy, a fight is coming.

Thanks to your quick orders those who don't mind taking orders from some guy immediately file most people to the back of the room and up the stairs. there won't be much in the way of collateral damage as far as people are concerned now. Though it is just now mostly you and the guy patching up Rags.



The figures approach and look in no way too pleased that Arten is healing the Rag Man. In fact, one of them tries to throw something at Arten's head but misses wildly, instead whatever it was went arcing about three feet over and embeds itself in the wooden post of a table.

The other four stand ready and the Leader(?) points at Rag Man.

"Hand him over!" he demands.

The others pull out various weapons of the sharp and slashy-stabby type and give various waves of them to add flair to the threat.

What do you all do?"
Night Never Ends
Information | Sign-Up Closed | Main Topic | Discussion

Subject: The Dragonspines | Difficulty: Hard | Length: Standard to Enduring
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: April 7th, 2018, 6:26 pm

August 17th, 2018, 2:00 am #5

"If it isn't the three evil step sisters. I'm sorry there snuggle buns but your sisters visiting hours are nine to five and for you they ended half past forever ago. I'm going to have to ask security to escort you out. I do, however, look forward to seeing you, never.
Buh bye."


With that Arten turned back to Cindy laying on the ground. Dirty rags. Possible infection then.

"I'm gonna need you to lie back there Cindy Loo as what I am about to do is probably really going to sting. It will, however, save your life so you may build a statue to my honor later."

One half smile later Arten was grabbing a bottle of whiskey off a nearby table. Dumping a little on the rag he dabbed at the wound and watched the patient squirm. They always made such odd faces. Very off putting. That being done he began to cast a greater heal on his patient just to be sure that any internal injuries also healed up. After that was finished he could go about looking at this piece of metal he had found.

Unfortunately for Arten identifying what actually MADE a wound wasn't his forte. Once the tussle was over mayhaps one of the other individuals here would prove useful. Provided, he thought while ducking, they don't burn this place to the ground first.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: July 4th, 2014, 8:51 pm

August 19th, 2018, 1:05 am #6

Silnimare had been, by and large, minding her own business in the city of Kellen. She was on a journey to look for a new purpose, and her wanderings had led her to this fortress of a town. As she passed by a nearby tavern, she noticed something of a tussle going on. Sizing up the situation, it seemed that someone had been fleeing a group, and a few souls had taken pity, escalating to a uncomfortable confrontation. She faded from view, reappearing silently inside of the tavern near the stranger making a stand, her bright red hair and numerous tattoos on her head contrasting sharply with her pale skin and dark clothing. Most prominent among the elaborate markings on her forehead was an eye, lidded and primitive. She turned her head to the stranger.

"Is he alright? Seems like this fellow needed help, and you provided? If that's the gist, I'd be happy to help against these... fellows."

Her aquamarine eyes faded to solid white, and her senses expanded, showing her the traces of magic in the air, every drop of moisture (even sweat), and a sense not unlike echolocation. Her skin began to shimmer as if wet, traces of water and ice forming along her skin, as she prepared for the worst.
[+] Spoiler
From weakest to strongest:

1.Master Athletics = Magical Bull's Strength
2. Master Athletics + Brawn = Magical Draconic Might
3. Master Athletics + Bull's Strength (Non-Magic).
4. Master Athletics + Brawn + Bull's Strength (Non-magic).

"We're not all weak, Orc. And before you call magic, it's not magic." Her voice dropped to a whisper just low enough for him to hear. ".... I'm just not human."
~Silnimare to Gortwog


Silnimare's Theme Song (Through the Valley)




Quote
Like
Share

Joined: January 22nd, 2018, 5:22 pm

August 19th, 2018, 10:18 pm #7

The world was quiet here.

Stars twinkling, halflings dancing on tables and everything seemed peaceful here. Interesting, in a world like this one.

The Gods of this world, however, seemed to have other ideas as the door burst open and a man collapsed in it.

The sights of others following drew her to press her lips together. The group seemed to be interested in fighting as many people got together and drew backward towards the stairs and back of the tavern.

She growled and felt her ire spark, a small static bolt crackled between her fingers as she strode forward and stood before the man tending to the individual who was collapsed.

"How about you all just go rot?" she replied, her eyes glowing emissive red as she held her hands out to prepare to fight.
(\AA/)
( =.= )
( >< )
Copy Mr. Hopsters into your sig, to aid him on his quest for board domination.
(EVIL DEMON BUNNY!!!)
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 3:21 am

August 20th, 2018, 12:15 am #8

Pyx shook hands with the proprietor of the Green Gryphon, having closed a deal to use the Gryphon as the main supplier of libations for his new business located just down the street. They were just leaving the storage room when Pyx felt the tense energy of the inn’s common room and noticed weapons being drawn. Unarmed and unskilled at fighting, Pyx swallowed nervously and inquired of a nearby table as to what had passed while he had been in the back room. They provided Pyx with a summary of recent events (with colorful commentary): an unidentified injured person had suddenly entered the inn, apparently seeking assistance, and his five pursuers (also unidentified) had followed shortly thereafter. Several of the inn’s patrons were preparing to defend the injured man. Pyx asked for more details, but there were none.

Stifling his courage, Pyx made his way against the stream of people filing to the back of the room and approached the scene as closely as he dared without putting himself in the range of any drawn weapon. At the first opportunity, he cleared his throat. “Your pardon, sirs. My name is Pyx, and I happened to be watching the last few moments from the back of the room. If I may proffer a word of advice: while the defense of this injured man is a highly noble, honorable act, it seems that we are unaware of who he is or why these gentlemen are pursuing him. Perhaps it would be prudent to ask the circumstances before risking injury?”

Pyx turned to the injured man and his pursuers, and whispered the words of a spell under his breath. “If I may be so bold, sirs, would each of you be so good as to explain why this man is injured, and why you would have us hand him over rather than heal him?”

(Spell: Detect Lies)
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 3rd, 2013, 11:52 pm

August 21st, 2018, 12:47 am #9

Arten: 
Alchemy: Apprentice


  Well... he's not going to die, and your greater heal spell works wonders (of course, why wouldn't it after all?) and patch him up while idiots and the Step Sisters go about their conversations. Some weird blindfolded woman appears nearby you and chats only to also turn towards them as do others. you, however, turn to the metal piece. You clean off the blood and find there's an engraving on it. Not much can be told however, the break cuts off most of it. There's a distinctiveness to the design, however, and the break is clean so if you find the object or something that resembles it you'll be able to figure it out 

There's something else too. That metal shard? It's got something besides blood on it. Some sort of salve? it mixes as well with blood as Oil does with water so you can tell what it is. But unfortunately, you can't quite place what it might be on a glance.

Silinmare:
You trace the magic in the air and find something strange. That metal peice the healer holds, the wound (before he heals it) and something on one of the men, an elf, all have the same aura. And it makes you involuntarily shudder (if you have something that can stop fear effects you can ignore this.) Regardless, it's cold, dark, and makes you feel a trembling that you've never known before.  Others also give off magical auras, specifically the human trailing in the back. He's full of it, so likely a mage. The only other one who gives off something is the one standing just before him. He's... Invisible? is that even possible? You see him more because you see where he isn't, like a shadow betraying the one who casts it. But there's something about him too that makes you queasy. He's also wearing a mask and the only other one you can't tell.

The man the healer is tending to? The injured one? he has something somewhere on him that is almost blinding. Like looking at a bright flashlight in the middle of the darkness.

The leader, a burly human who bears a wicked cut on his face making what appears to be a grizzled scowl look more like a Gorilla stare, steps forward and sneers. "Give him up! Last chance!" He demands as Pyx and Marie Join you Nathaniel. The brute seems angry and levels his sword at You, Marie as Pyx demands an answer.

"Bah! E's a thief 's 'at 'e is!"  an orc barks(Pyx: He isn't lying) "He needs to give it back and come pay the price!"

"I am no thief!"  The man huffs as he finally begins to catch his breath and come back around. "He calls me thief but That One stole it... desires to call them back..." He pushes himself up to a seated position, (Arten, he grips something under that cloth) "I... I won't let you call them... They won't. come... back..." he huffs (Pyx, The only lie he speaks is "I am no thief")

The masked man turns to the Gorilla faced man and the others around him. "Kill them" he says in a simple calm voice. "Reclaim that which was stolen from me and Kill them"

The four mercenaries stride forward. The orc hefts his great axe while the human leader sprints toward you Marie, slicing through the air with his sword to try and cut off your head. the elf pulls a bow back and aims for you Arten and lets the arrow fly. It's likely he'll hit either of you. 

The mage in the back Sil does nothing as does the masked man. They just watch.

(Note: The Mage and the Masked Man are Major NPCS, consider them like Player characters. The ST controls them. The other three: elf , human, orc, you may control on your own.)
Night Never Ends
Information | Sign-Up Closed | Main Topic | Discussion

Subject: The Dragonspines | Difficulty: Hard | Length: Standard to Enduring
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: July 4th, 2014, 8:51 pm

August 21st, 2018, 6:48 pm #10

Silnimare had taken many names over the years. Some had even called her the Blind Bard. These days, her ghostly eyes worked as well as anyone's, likely better, augmented as they were. But she did not need them, as many did. She felt the arrow approaching, and brought her hand up quickly, snatching the arrow through years of training and the strength lent to her by her tattoos. With a mischievous grin, she snapped the arrow in her grip, tutting like a scolding mother.

"Tsk, tsk. Such a naughty bunch..."

The blindfold slipped from her eyes, revailing the solid white orbs, inscrutable and alien. The tattoo on her forehead of a lidded eye opened into an actual third eye, the Eye of Judgement, a graft which pierced illusions and obscuring effects. Behind her, mana congealed into the shape of a ghostly woman behind her, a Primal Shroud of pure mana, ready to attack or defend as need be. The sheer power of the Shroud gave the distinct impression that this was not someone to be trifled with, or taken lightly. Accompanying this was a corona of purple energy, a mark of her connection to the moon. The temperature began to slowly drop, the slow pain of Attrition that the ones known as FrostFiends wielded.

With a smirk, she lowering her hands into the two black steel gloves at her waist, bringing her hands up once more in the stance of a practiced hand-to-hand fighter, incisors forming and fading along the surface of the unnatural guantlets.

"Clearly, there is something unnatural at play with these people and items. So I have but one question: who's next?"

[I can provide a list of used abilities if need be.]
[+] Spoiler
From weakest to strongest:

1.Master Athletics = Magical Bull's Strength
2. Master Athletics + Brawn = Magical Draconic Might
3. Master Athletics + Bull's Strength (Non-Magic).
4. Master Athletics + Brawn + Bull's Strength (Non-magic).

"We're not all weak, Orc. And before you call magic, it's not magic." Her voice dropped to a whisper just low enough for him to hear. ".... I'm just not human."
~Silnimare to Gortwog


Silnimare's Theme Song (Through the Valley)




Quote
Like
Share