Forum rules
Song of Elves Tavern & Inn One of the largest taverns in all of Imythess, rebuilt even larger and grander than before. It sits at one of the busiest intersections in the High District, and the price to room or board here reflects its new size. The service and accommodations are well worth the hefty price, with fine cuisine, warm hearths, and soft featherbeds. Many aspiring bards perform here nightly in the hopes of making a name for themselves, although the gentry have been known to tear apart musicians they consider unworthy of the establishment. Any fights that break out are quickly halted by the inn's guards, which keeps the common room peaceful and comfortable.

I'll have another round and then I'll have a fight (P. Sen. RPATHON)

July 9th, 2018, 3:14 am #1

The tavern was not as busy as it usually was. There were people in it but not that great a crowd. Arthur didn't much care he preferred a drink in quiet. That was why he was here to drink in quiet. Things had been busy lately for him. He had to finish any outstanding contracts he had as well pass the word of his retirement. It was still taking awhile but not to terribly long. Thus the brief break because he could afford to.

His family knew he was going to be gone for a good little bit. But he could feel from the connection that they were anxious to see him home. Though now a family man Arthur had not yet resigned himself to that fate. Still he did miss them and would be glad to be back with them. But after a few more rounds. The barmaid came up and asked," Can I get you another drink sir". Arthur looked at her she was what a barmaid should be and in all the right places.

But Arthur felt nothing. He just nodded and said," Yeah make it two". The women nodded and winked at him but he only responded by showing the wedding band on his finger. The girl sniffed and walked away rollign her hips showing what he was missing. Arthur only chuckled and went back to his drink. He took a long sip and looked at the others in the tavern. There was an orc in the corner, a dwarf not far awy. They were eyeing each other. But no more than that.

Two figures were huddled in a corner cloaks keeping any features out of sight. And then a few other unremarkable folks. Arthur though about pulling out Frank to liven the place up but he wanted a bigger crowd if Frank was to be out. He had yet to test Frank in combat but The Singing Sword was a legend so he knew it would do what needed done.

Then the door to the tavern opened and his eyes went to the person walking in.
[+] Spoiler
LVl 5 Infernos.LVL 5 Spellblade.Lvl 3 Archmage. Lvl 5 Primal Fist. Lvl 5 Force of Nature. Lvl 5 Irregular Roamer. Lvl 5 Hellfire Soul.
Have Sword. Will Travel.-Arthur
[+] Spoiler
NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ARTHUR. HE IS ALMOST ALWAYS IN HUMAN FORM.HOWEVER I MAY MENTION IN POSTING THAT HE IS IN DRAGON FORM READ CAREFULLY.

'Lo, there do I see my father. 'Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers. 'Lo, there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.' Lo, they do call to me.They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla. Where the brave may live forever.

Arthurs Greatest Themesong Ever

July 9th, 2018, 11:27 am #2

Sen Montague had somewhat of a cultural appreciation for taverns. Not only did they contain bars, new drinks just waiting to be tasted, downed while listening to the whispers of possible jobs, money too be made. The bounty hunter life meant it was hard for him to settle down in one place, and after all the business in Norwood, even after finding a good friend he would have liked to travel with, it seemed they ended up having to go separate ways. Which... admittedly, was a bit of a shame. But, still. It wasn't a big deal.

The newly minted tiefling walked through the door of the latest bar - this one admittedly quite busy. He looked around in quiet appreciation, checking to see if there was a job board. There wasn't in this particular bar, but people would still be willing to pay for a decent job, so he kept on walking through. He kept his Fugitive's Cowl on, which released a latent mind spell preventing people from recognizing him or pointing out any distinguishable features, and sat down at the bar, next to a well built man. One glance told him all he needed to know - a warrior, possibly for hire. He looked away and held up a hand. "Miss. Tallest glass of mead you've got," he said. The barmistress came over and attempted to try the same trick on him, but Sen just took his drink and paid her no mind. He downed the glass in an instant, sighing and setting the gold on the bar.

After a while of silent contemplation, he looked over to Arthur. "Say," he said quietly, his voice warm and somewhat smooth. "Would you happen to know of any jobs going on around here? Preferably combat ones." He sighed. Wynne would have his head if he knew he ws trying for dangerous fighting jobs even though he had promised to stay out of trouble. But he was a wandering soul, and he could use a little de-stressing, especially now. Besides, with his brand new power-set, he could reasonably take most that came his way. His eyes scanned the bar, looking for sources of fire, and he found about three he could use. He'd already filled up before he came here, but it was just in case. "I hope you don't mind me asking. I'm just looking for some money to be found, see," he said with a smile, disguised under the cowl's spell. He wondered what the man would think if he removed it, but he could sense the immense magical and pure warrior-like aura the man gave off. This man might be a strong mage, so it was possible he could already see through the spell. Even if that was the case, he doubted his appearance would surprise anybody, but he preferred to keep it under wraps with strangers. Ironic that the only person he trusted with his appearance was a Celestial-bound, but stranger things did happen.
Smoke Hazard: Level 5
Risen Fiend-Bound Level 3

Aetherist: Level 3

Infernos: Level 3

Spellblade: Level 2

July 12th, 2018, 2:34 am #3

The figure walked in his cowl up. There was something odd about the cowl. It gave off a kind of magic. He spread out his magical senses toward it. The cowl deflected it a little bit. An odd bit of magic one meant to keep someone from recognizing you. What did that mean Arthur wondered. Arthur sniffed the air taking in the persons scent. One thing the magic could not do was hide a persons scent of that he was sure.

The figure smelled odd a mix of smoke and sulphur. He had smelled that smell a few times. The figure was tiefling of that Arthur was sure. His scent also gave off that he was male and there something else. A forest smell so faint Arthur almost didn't catch it. The tiefling had come from Norwood. Yes that was the forest smell on the tiefling

The tiefling sat next to him and ordered a mead. The bar maid tried what she had tried earlier but the figure was having none of it. He downed the drink in one gulp when he got it. Arthur watched all this closely. He sensed no danger from him but the tiefling had caught his interest. The tiefling asked Arthur if there any jobs available especially combat realted. He figured the figure had figured him for a mercenary especially with the weapons Arthur carried. He would not dissuade him as he was that.

Arthur replied," There are some posted on the job board right there. Though most of them menial. If your looking for what I think your looking for though I wouldn't recommend them. I would recommend looking in the Mercenary Guild or either go down into the Slums and just go hutning for criminals. Plenty of em down in there with bounties on their heads. If that doesn't suit you though. There is always Mary Margets School for Orphaned Children."Arthur said that last part very low so only he and the tiefling could here.

Only true mercs went there or crazy folks. Arthur only visited there a few times and the jbs he got could have set him for life he wanted them to. Then the tiefling spoke again and Arthru replied," Salright. There is always money to be found in Taras. In one shape or form. And people who sell their swords are more liekly to get it or either take it." He then looked at the tiefling and said," I would be careful of taking off the hood though in others prescence. Tieflings aint exactly high in many peoples opinions."

He then said," Dont worry lad the magic is working. But magic doesn't hide a scent very well". He smiled at the tiefling and then said," Names Arthur. Arthur Mandraeg. Semiretired Sellsword".
[+] Spoiler
LVl 5 Infernos.LVL 5 Spellblade.Lvl 3 Archmage. Lvl 5 Primal Fist. Lvl 5 Force of Nature. Lvl 5 Irregular Roamer. Lvl 5 Hellfire Soul.
[+] Spoiler
NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ARTHUR. HE IS ALMOST ALWAYS IN HUMAN FORM.HOWEVER I MAY MENTION IN POSTING THAT HE IS IN DRAGON FORM READ CAREFULLY.

'Lo, there do I see my father. 'Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers. 'Lo, there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.' Lo, they do call to me.They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla. Where the brave may live forever.

July 12th, 2018, 3:23 am #4

Sen looked at the man, who had the obvious air of recognition around him. He tried to hide his disappointment behind a polite smile, nodding slowly as he spoke. So, the man had a solid magical sense. That made obvious sense, of course, considering the man appeared to be plenty powerful in terms of strength. He sighed and closed his eyes. "...Mary Margets," he mumbled quietly, at the same volume.

He knew that place. It was a legend among his folk, back when he still ran with the Hunters. Mary Margets was the place those reckless folk went, people who wanted to go and grab a fortune quick, or people who sought to risk their lives for the sheer thrill. Sen was... admittedly, neither of those. He just wanted a steady stream of money, and a good bit of excitement now and then, but nothing on the level of what Mary Margets offered. He wasn't insane.

Sen looked back at the man as he continued, introducing himself. Arthur... Mandraeg. Sellsword. He knew that last epithet, his eyes subtly widening. He knew the legends riffraff in bars told about Arthur Mandraeg. How his blade flitted like a song on the wind, cutting down hordes who opposed him, his magic an oppressive force to anyone unlucky enough to stand in his way. Truth be told, Sen was pursuing a similar sort of blade style that the Sellsword had perfected - the way of fusing ambient mana into the arms and blade to perfect a sword style. Sen's was, admittedly, a little different - he had no legendary sword like he'd heard the man had possessed. Apparently, that blade was powerful, infused with the might of a dragon.

Sen snapped himself out of it and nodded. "...Sen Montague. A pleasure to meet you," he said with a hint of respect and a bit of excitement. "And yes. I suppose you could smell it on me. Though, I must admit, the smoke you're smelling is mostly this." He held up his hand, orange and black smoke and cinders curling around his hand. "Sorry. The other stuff might be me, though." The magic faded as Sen closed his eyes. "I've been looking for some jobs related to angels. I'm looking to travel through here to the Ivory League, and... well. I'm afraid I've been wrapped up in some sort of conspiracy." He sighed and looked at him. "So, I would like to deal with any angel-related jobs, perhaps receive some info if anyone related to them or using holy magic is targeting me. That way, if not, I can rest easy." Sen kept his voice down the entire time. He felt he could trust this man - they were both wandering, drifting souls, people who sold their might to those who were willing to cough up for it. "Any way you could help with that?"

July 13th, 2018, 2:50 am #5

The tiefling recognized the name but made no further comment on his suggestion. Obviously he was not that kind of crazy. Of neither was Arthur he just loved a good challenge. And with his retirement he wanted one last good challenge. Something that would take all of him to beat. He doubted he would get that anytime soon. He had far outgrown some of the thigns that had stopped him years ago. The tiefling introduced himself. Arthur said," Glad to meet ya Sen."

The tiefling did not seem alarmed by his discovery and admitted it. It didn't matter to Arthur. He just had wondered what the tiefling would do. The tiefling showed what Arthur might have been smelling and then how the rest was him. Arthur shrugged and said," Yeah I could smell that to. Though that just added to the clues. The tiefling explained his situation. Arthur wondered what type of conspiracy he was in. And the mention of the Ivory League brought back some memories.

The tiefling continued and finally wondered if Arthur could help. Arthur said," Dont have much dealing with angels or angel related jobs. Most of em are stuck holier than thou types. And the ones that aren't are worse usually. Last one I ran into was at the Ivory League. Her names Behenia. She tried to control my mind. I ended that with some help from some others. I would also have to know the conspiracy your talking of. I don't help folks that are on the wrong side of the law and are quilty. I also don't help people who lack a moral compass or strive to hurt people."

Arthur thought for a few moments and said," I do however have something. I wasn't going to take the job myself since I am retiring. But it has to do with angels or at least thats what was said. Their is one issue this job pays to well for something simple its high risk and pretty much every merc has steered clear of it." Arthur reached into his pocket and took out a rolled up piece of parchment and handed it to the tiefling.

He then said," If that dont work I do have a friend that deals in Holy Magic and Angels. The issue with him though is that he is a bit hard to find. He only comes to those whose need is great".
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

July 13th, 2018, 3:23 am #6

Sen had to suppress a smile at the thought of meeting Arthur, and took a deep breath. Professional. Remain professional. He looked up at the man and nodded quietly as he continued to speak, talking about the last angel he met. Behenia, in the Ivory League? There was certainly some form of connection there. He would make sure to ask about that later on.

He looked up and sighed as Arthur shut him down. God damn it. It was probable that he might have to go somewhere else, then. Sen began to get up, before he heard the man speak up again, and he slowly took a seat, waving over another mead from the barmaid. He took it without paying her so much as a spare glance, and drunk down the mead. "I can promise you. I don't intend to hurt anybody. And I haven't done anything wrong, only that which my clients tell me. Please, I need to clear my name."

As Arthur continued to speak, Sen nodded along and tried to contain his excitement at the prospect of a new, risky job. He quietly listened to the details, before thinking for a few moments and taking the piece of paper from Arthur's hand, looking at it quietly. He nodded for a few moments, before looking up. "This... is perfect. This will do greatly. A good bit of money, some revenge for that activism cult in Celestia Wynne got me embroiled in, and a chance to gain some serious information. Thank you." He got up and quickly told the bartender to inform the client that the job had been taken. After a few moments, he looked back at Arthur. "Thank you again, Sellsword." Sen looked away awkwardly for a moment, before looking back. "...You know, if you want to come with me, you can. I'd be glad to split the profit with you, it's a hefty bit, anyways. Far more than I need."

July 16th, 2018, 10:36 pm #7

The tiefling seemed disappointed that Arthur had to shut him down. But Arthur was finishing up his contracts not starting new ones. Even if he wanted to do it. It wasn't the gold he was interested in. It was the challenge and despite all that Arthur loved a challenge and probably would for as long as he lived. The tiefling spoke saying he was not a bad person only someone who did what his clients told him. He also said he needed to clear his name. Arthur sighed and said," Lad you ever stop to think what your client is asking of you is wrong. That's probably why your in such a mess. You did not question, you just went ahead. A lot of mercs die that way or else got rich and corrupt. You want to clear your name start by closely checking your clientele. Check their motives and the people they work for. Also check with the people that know about em. If they are feared best not to work for em no matter the coin. Coin is all well in good but coin does nothing for the soul."

He knew he was preaching but Arthur had more experience than the boy. He had stuck to his morals and ethics throughout some of the worst things in life. He paused and said," Still I believe ya lad. You dont seem the type to hurt folks. Just got in the wrong situation. We have all been there." Once Arthur handed the paper the tiefling got all excited and thanked him. Arthur merely nodded. He then got up to tell the bartender and then came back offering for Arthur to come with him.

Arthur thought for a minute. Technically it wouldn't be his contract just the tiefling. He would be helping someone. What was a little delay? He said," Didn't I tell you I am retired. I got a family now. 12 wives and 11 kids. Two more on the way." The tiefling seemed crest fallen at his answer and was turning to leave when Arthur said," Still I could use a little dust up. Whats a little delay in finishing up my buisness? I'll help ya lad but you can keep the gold. Dont need it. If you dont want all of it give it somebody in need. That's what I always did". He stood up to his full heigh easily towering over the tiefling.

He checked the sword in the scabbard and nodded. He said," Lets have some fun dancing with Death".
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

July 17th, 2018, 2:22 am #8

Sen attempted to protest, but said nothing, biting his tongue. He was well aware of the fact, and he could sense the stern condescension that the man was putting on him. It wasn't as simple as that, nowadays. People who wanted to pay for escort missions, or protection were far and rare - people could fight for themselves quite easily, and even if so, they were much more willing to risk it on their own. Not only that, but he'd been raised on way of doing things that praised flexibility over all else. He had no choice, that was what he kept telling himself.

Nowadays, it was change for the times, or be left in the dust. Perhaps a man like Arthur didn't understand - someone with his strength had value, he was the cream of the crop, in high demand as long as he was able to fight. Sen didn't have that luxury. Sure, he was strong, and had weapons and some experience under his belt, but he'd only been independent for about two and a half years. He'd had to scrape his way to even find something to live on. He didn't have the luxury of a strict moral or ethical code.

Sen sighed as he began to leave, before turning around as he looked back at Arthur as he spoke. He listened quietly, before closing his eyes and smiling a little, allowing his fangs to show through the mind spell, before they disappeared back under the guise of his cowl. "You're on. Let's go to the site."

Sen led Arthur to where the site was - a hill outside Taras. Apparently, the poster of the client said there was a ritual that had happened to open up what he had called an Angelfall - a group of activist, usually extreme Celestials rapidly descending to the earth en masse to assume roles in society and assimilate to begin covert missions to exterminate fiends and mortals contrary to their cause. Sen looked up at the rift and threw his cowl back, revealing his full fiendish face - deep red skin, black sclera with mismatched eyes, fangs and sharpened teeth, and a single horn protruding up from his forehead. His messy black hair seemed to stick straight up despite the cowl being worn, and was messy and tinged with a fiendish aura. He drew his sword, a deep black blade with white dots dotting the blade. "Here they come."

As soon as he said this, the rift opened, and Celestials and angels of various size and strength descended from the sky. Upon seeing the mortals, the one at the front - a woman with wings of light and pure golden hair raised her spear and shouted in tongue, a command to charge. Sen spread his wings and charged up to meet them, charging his sword with smoky energy, cutting through one Celestials armor and slicing through them. Sen watched as the bisected angel fell to the ground, before looking up at the sky, taking a deep breath and making a gesture with his hands. From the sky, seemingly out of nowhere, huge flaming comets began to fall to the earth, strengthened by Sen's inner flame source. Some of the Celestials managed to swerve out of the way, but many coming out of the portal were struck down by the huge falling rocks. Sen took a deep breath, wincing as he felt the mana drain, and activated his other source of power. A blue and white wyvern, about the size of a small cat, curled around his arm, and his body glowed with a blue-white tinge as he looked up at the sky, glaring at the crowd of angels who descended toward him with a warcry.

July 18th, 2018, 6:49 pm #9

The tiefling wanted to protest. That because he was the best he could stick to his morals. The tiefling was wrong. He was the best because of his morals. He wasn't always a mercenary. He was an adventurer above all. And a half-dragon. Use what they gave you was an old saying. And he used it as a weapon. As for the adventuring you would be surprised how many things you could find tucked away in an unknown corner. Plus sometimes you started small in the mercenary buisness. Take down a local thug get your name out there. Eventually things fall into line and you end up on top.

The tiefling said he was ready and took him to the site. There was a portal there which shouldn't have surprised him there was always a portal. The tiefling revealed himself and said they were coming. Arthur only replied," How rude of them not to invite us to the party". The rift opened after he said this and Celestials and angels poured out. And one at the front a woman angel saw them and shouted a charge command. The tiefling charged killed one of the angels and then comets began to fall on the angels.

Arthur could smell the burning flesh. So the tiefling played with fire. Arthur smiled as the angels decended toward the tiefling. Arthur drew his Katana its ring stopping the angels in their tracks and they all looked at him. The angels felt a sense of fear and irrational dread. They could sense his destructive nature as could the tiefling. Arthur said," Dance with me Death I am ready".

His mantra began as he attacked the angels ," Cut. Once Commited to fight cut. Everything else is secondary. Cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no commitment that overrides that one. Cut. Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut deciesively, resolotely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Crush him. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit. It is the balance to life: death. It is the dance with death. It is the law a dragon lives by or he dies". Arthur cut into the angels like they were nothing.

His sword was like the wind. A wind of death. Heads rolled, limbs were chopped off, blood spattered on the ground. Death was on the field. And the last thing many angels saw was the fire in those steel blue draconic eyes. But there were more angels and celestials there always was. Arthur not to be out done by the tiefling took in a deep breath and breathed Dragon Fire at the angels engulfing them in flame. And then he sent a blazing surge of fire at others.

Fire and Death that was the way of the dragon. But there were more always more and Arthur stood next to the tiefling as more angels came and Arthur smiled enjoying himself.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

July 19th, 2018, 6:51 pm #10

Sen managed to dodge just in time as the sword's gleaming blade flashed by him, slicing his wing of flame in two. Sen hissed as the wing quickly reformed, before dodging out of the way as Arthur began murmuring to himself, almost insanely. He stared in a bit of confusion, before dodging narrowly, turning to smoke around a stray angel's polearm. He reformed, the blade already buried to the hilt in the angel's flesh, before he struck another, wind surging through his hands and into the blade as he blew the angel back, flying up into it as his Primal Shroud struck out with its claws, roaring with rage as Sen coated his other hand with flames and punched the next unfortunate angel, burning its face until it was unrecognizable, throwing it back to the ground, making a crater.

The Smoke Hazard looked back up, before dropping back to the ground. He examined his magic sources, looking at the charms on his wrist. Twelve left, and about fourteen charges left on his smoke energy. He took a deep breath and sighed, before his hands began to glow orange-black with smoke and mana. He took a deep breath and a loud explosion blasted from his hands as his body moved high into the sky, whizzing past angels, who looked up with confusion as he flew high into the sky, past the rift. For a moment, he hung in midair, staring at the sky. He summoned a large amount of mana, Effusion quickly acting to replenish it as he cast a spell, comets of flame beginning to fall once again from the sky. He turned around as gravity began to take hold, zooming back towards the ground as comets fell, taking down angels as he fell towards the ground. He hit angels in his way, breaking their backs with the force of his impact and pushing into them, stacking five or six in front of him as he dashed towards the ground, other Celestials being blown to pieces by the huge meteors falling around him. Sen closed his eyes as he hit the ground, squeezing them shut as he crashed into the ground, his body exploding into smoke, burning the angels underneath him to crisps, sending a fifteen foot explosion of smoke and flame outwards, burning and blinding anyone in its radius. The smoke began to twist and circle around, cinders and smoke curling up in a humanoid form, before Sen stood normal, his body reformed from the explosion. "9 charges left," he mumbled, looking at the sky to survey the situation and take a quick breather as he drained the smoke and flame around him. "Arthur! Cover me, I need a second to get my smoke back."