Moderator: Storytellers

Forum rules
Board Plot Overview The following topics advance the story of Imythess' setting in some way, great or small. The setting does not have a single "board plot," but multiple plotlines following a loose arc format.

Discussion - Break the Waves

2:24 PM - Feb 24, 2018 #1

This is the discussion topic for Break the Waves. It'll be used for lighthearted banter, OOC planning/talking, and IC "mid-round dialogue" should you choose to do that. For more information on what mid-round dialogue is, click here and scroll down to the relevant section.

The actual event will be up first thing tomorrow, February 25.

Break the Waves - ST10
Main Topic | Discussion | Information

3:06 PM - Feb 24, 2018 #2

I am definitely looking forward to the over-the-top silliness that is promised in this thread. But as always, if Plork is a bit too much Plork for any of our players, feel free to send me a PM to tone it down, as it's meant to be fun for you too, and I won't take it the wrong way.

I found my kazoo, and have something else kazoo like (with a trumpet bell sort of thing on the end) so I will be making soundtracks for everyone over the next couple of days.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
A dram's for the drinking, and gold's for the giving.

5:33 PM - Feb 24, 2018 #3

And so it begins.
Gortwog will get all the loot, of course.
And he will share with no one.
(Ogi should appreciate that last one...)

(\AA/)
( =.= )
( >< )
Copy Mr. Hopsters into your sig, to aid him on his quest for board domination.
(EVIL DEMON BUNNY!!!)
[+] Spoiler

Advanced & Expert Role-Player

7:42 PM - Feb 24, 2018 #4

Damn, Mac was right.

The (probably) inevitable outcome.

ACCENT: Buddy has an Irishi-Like accent
Passives
Eternal Optimist
While life isn't always sunshine and puggles, Hugglenauts are quicker to see the good in everything. A Hugglenaut has a moderate inherent resistance to fear, demoralization, negative illusions and mind magic spells. Their presence is a calming influence on nearby allies, and those within a ten foot radius also find their resistances to these attacks mildly increased.
[+] Spoiler
Fame: Legendary Corsair: Pirate Captain Buddy Holly
Coastal Fame:

In and around the seas, your name, crew, and ships are known far and wide. Many respect you for your fame, some fear you, and others wish to claim your fame as their own.

Captain Buddy Holly has had a careful but steady rise in fame with both pirates and proper sailors alike. The greatest center of his infamy being the megaopolis Taras, where bounties for Sacred Heart pirates are posted on the boards, with the highest reward being for the "Corrosive Captain", Buddy Holly, himself, so-called for his preference at using acids in his unlawful deeds. Through cunning and careful coordination, Captain Holly has managed to bring larger vessels both privately owned and Navy to defeat, and boasts leading the kills of several sea monsters, including rescuing his crew from being swallowed whole by a sea devil.

The realization of a romanticized pirate, Buddy is intelligent, merciful, and as honorable as a pirate can be while still employing underhanded tactics. He has been known to order his crew to spare noncombatants, and even ship guards and military who surrender are let to live and spread the tale of Captain Holly and his crew. Testaments to his personality describe him as kind, clean, and quick-witted, preferring to use the weight of his infamy and his words to disarm and rob people instead of needless violence. some even describe him as having a handsome, almost celestial appearance, with bright blue eyes, light blonde hair, and fair pale skin.

8:34 PM - Feb 24, 2018 #5

I see a ton of ponies, but no saddles. Therefore we need the almighty lord Meteor to cleanse us of this problem.
[+] Spoiler
From weakest to strongest:

1.Master Athletics = Magical Bull's Strength
2. Master Athletics + Brawn = Magical Draconic Might
3. Master Athletics + Bull's Strength (Non-Magic).
4. Master Athletics + Brawn + Bull's Strength (Non-magic).
"KAALIA! YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THIS! IT didn't have.... to end.... like this....like...the aristocrats..."
-Sil as Kaalia killed her
"Winners don't use drugs! Except steroids! In which case use lots of drugs!" -Charlie, Tutorial NPC
Summoner (level 5) | Aetherist (level 5) | Storm Kindler (level 1)

6:52 AM - Feb 25, 2018 #6

Meteor was devoured by the almighty Apep. ALL HAIL.

(\AA/)
( =.= )
( >< )
(EVIL DEMON BUNNY!!!)
[+] Spoiler

7:34 AM - Feb 25, 2018 #7

If a giant blue wyrm named "Bluespeaker" shows up, I'll feel both pandered to and loved.

ACCENT: Buddy has an Irishi-Like accent
Passives
Eternal Optimist
While life isn't always sunshine and puggles, Hugglenauts are quicker to see the good in everything. A Hugglenaut has a moderate inherent resistance to fear, demoralization, negative illusions and mind magic spells. Their presence is a calming influence on nearby allies, and those within a ten foot radius also find their resistances to these attacks mildly increased.
[+] Spoiler
Fame: Legendary Corsair: Pirate Captain Buddy Holly
Coastal Fame:

In and around the seas, your name, crew, and ships are known far and wide. Many respect you for your fame, some fear you, and others wish to claim your fame as their own.

Captain Buddy Holly has had a careful but steady rise in fame with both pirates and proper sailors alike. The greatest center of his infamy being the megaopolis Taras, where bounties for Sacred Heart pirates are posted on the boards, with the highest reward being for the "Corrosive Captain", Buddy Holly, himself, so-called for his preference at using acids in his unlawful deeds. Through cunning and careful coordination, Captain Holly has managed to bring larger vessels both privately owned and Navy to defeat, and boasts leading the kills of several sea monsters, including rescuing his crew from being swallowed whole by a sea devil.

The realization of a romanticized pirate, Buddy is intelligent, merciful, and as honorable as a pirate can be while still employing underhanded tactics. He has been known to order his crew to spare noncombatants, and even ship guards and military who surrender are let to live and spread the tale of Captain Holly and his crew. Testaments to his personality describe him as kind, clean, and quick-witted, preferring to use the weight of his infamy and his words to disarm and rob people instead of needless violence. some even describe him as having a handsome, almost celestial appearance, with bright blue eyes, light blonde hair, and fair pale skin.

10:50 AM - Feb 25, 2018 #8

Buddy wrote:If a giant blue wyrm named "Bluespeaker" shows up, I'll feel both pandered to and loved.
"You may call me what you wish."

(\AA/)
( =.= )
( >< )
(EVIL DEMON BUNNY!!!)
[+] Spoiler

1:13 PM - Feb 25, 2018 #9

Gortwog wrote:
Buddy wrote:If a giant blue wyrm named "Bluespeaker" shows up, I'll feel both pandered to and loved.
"You may call me what you wish."

Break the Waves - ST10
Main Topic | Discussion | Information

2:11 PM - Feb 25, 2018 #10

omg Is that the actual color of the snake?!

ETA: I have an idea for how Falki gets there, but wondering if anyone wants to say they "kidnapped" the Ice Prince or something. =P
Some Topics
Chance Meeting