And the Journey Begins...

3:44 AM - Jul 02, 2018 #1

Trust...

You try to trust everyone. In the end, you can only trust yourself. I'm speaking from experience. Once upon a time, I had the world to count on, the whole world to "trust". I had friends, I had family. Call me jaded, call me cold, but I know better now. I keep to myself, I stay away from people. From everyone. It's just safer for me that way.

Why am I here, then, you ask? My brother...

I don't trust. Anyone. For any reason. Closest thing to trusting someone is my relationship with my brother. Donald. That's why I'm here. He sent me a letter recently saying we needed to talk. He said this continent was where I'd find him. Now, I need to find Kellen. That's my mission. And nothing's going to stop me...

Anahita Bast stepped off the ship at dusk. She shook the captains hand and bid her thanks. "Thank you, again, Captain. I'll call for you again, should I require your aid." The captain nodded, holding Ana’s hand a little tighter. "'Twas my pleasure, my dear. 'Tis nice to know that we are seen as friends to the Dagny Frida." She smiled at Ana as the mistress got off the ship.

As she walked along the beach, Ana thought. Night was coming in, and fast, and she would have to find a place to rest here soon. Ana paused and looked out to the sea. It was beautiful here, on this shoreline, no one could deny that. "Perhaps after I finish with my dearest brother, I'll back here and stay for a short time." Anahita spoke softly, whispering, to herself. She wandered what had drawn Donald here and why he had stayed, because she knew that beaches were not something that Don was...kin on, on could say. That wasn't their way, either, the staying. The Dagny Frida don't rely on other beings, as independent as they were. They were the watches. They stood back and let everyone else have their fun their way. But Donald... He had never thought twice before jumping with the elves or dwarves, gnomes or humans, running into battle with his blade high to defend whatever honor was in need of defending at that moment.

Ana had stayed back. She had watched her little brother go about his way, and do his own thing. There had been a few times that she had tried to stop him, only to have her younger brother come back and stand toe to toe with her. The would fight for days, neither tiring quickly. Battle was nothing new for her, or her race. Ana had watched as her mother and father fought many a battle with others when her and Donald had been young. She knew her parents fought often when her and Donald were young. Until Ana left. She didn't like her home, and had no intentions of staying longer than was needed. Donald left with her, only to wander on his own shortly after the two of them had left.

Ana's ears perked a little while she walked along the shore, as she listened to the crash of the sea on the beach. She froze as soon as she sensed something had changed. Something had changed in the air, but she couldn't pin point what it was...

1:00 AM - Jul 17, 2018 #2

"Safe and sound at home again, let the waters roar, Jack.
Safe and sound at home again, let the waters roar, Jack.

Long we've tossed on the rolling main, now we're safe ashore, Jack.
Don't forget yer old shipmate, faldee raldee raldee raldee rye-eye-doe!

Since we sailed from Charons End , four years gone, or nigh, Jack.
Was there ever chummies, now, such as you and I, Jack?

We have worked the self-same gun, quarterdeck division.
Sponger I and loader you, through the whole commission.

Oftentimes have we laid out, toil nor danger fearing,
Tugging out the flapping sail to the weather earing.

When the middle watch was on, and the time went slow, boy,
Who could choose a rousing stave, who like Jack or Joe, boy?

There she swings, an empty hulk, not a soul below now.
Number seven starboard mess misses Jack and Joe now.

But the best of friends must part, fair or foul the weather.
Hand yer flipper for a shake, now a drink together.

Don't forget yer old shipmate, faldee raldee raldee raldee rye-eye-doe!".

The song rang out across the sea as the ship slowly came into port. It was a joyous song of finally reaching port. Arthur was glad enough to join in the song. His baritone range out louder than most of the crew. He always had enjoyed the sea. He was glad one of his final contracts had ended up with him on a ship. The salt air and breeze had done him good. This was the last stop of their voyage from Taras.

Arthur had been hired as extra sword in case things went bad. Nothing had which Arthur was glad of. The crew was glad to they had been plagued by pirates lately. So a soft run was good. As the plank lay down on the dock Arthur was one of the first to head down it. The captain however stopped him briefly and said," Yeh sure I cant convince ye to stay. We never had a run like that not in awhile. Some of the lads think your good luck." Arthur shook his head and said," No I said I would be with you till we got to your destination. That's done and I am going to my next contract.".

The captain frowned and said," That's on the other end of the bleedin contienent a logn ways from here. Sure you wont ride for part of the way.". Arthur shook his head and said," Nah I am good. I can be there quicker on my lonesome". Arthur turned and the man grabbed him by the shoulder and Arthur turned his dragon like eyes on the man. The man said," So its true then you are alf-dragon". Arthur smiled and said," Be seeing you Capn. Wind at your back wherever you go". Then Arthur stepped onto firmer land.

He walked off the docks. Very few paid him no mind until they did. Usually sailors got little attention beyond the taverns and whorehouses but Arthur was no sailor. Hs armor a greenish black, well taken care of and heavy enough to stop almost anything said he was a warrior. It was also the sword at his side so unlike what most warriors carried. It was a Katana something rarely seen in these parts. Not only that it was old a relic of a tiem long past but just as sharp as ever. On its hilt was a dragons head. Also glowing on one side was a Heron. The mark of a Blademaster.

He was also bigger than most sailors much bigger. He towered over all the men in this place and it was just his height it was his size. He was a mass of muscle hard as steel. His long gold hair hung slightly over his shoulders. And his eyes a hot blazing deep pool of blue . But his weren't human eyes they were dragons eyes. The only thing about him that told what he really was. A half-dragon. People parted before him as he walked by some out of fear others out of awe. He radiated danger and death it rolled off him like waves. But Arthur was not dangerous to these people he was kind soul but sometimes he had to make sure he wasn't messed with either.

A defense mechanism in world where his kind were seen as abominations. He walked to shore looking out at he boats coming in. One look at the sea before heading on his journey to his next contract. He saw a lone girl also walking on the shore and she stopped a moment and Arthur wondered if she was alright. He walked toward her and said," Everything alright miss".
[+] Spoiler
LVl 5 Infernos.LVL 5 Spellblade.Lvl 3 Archmage. Lvl 5 Primal Fist. Lvl 5 Force of Nature. Lvl 5 Irregular Roamer. Lvl 5 Hellfire Soul.
Have Sword. Will Travel.-Arthur
[+] Spoiler
NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ARTHUR. HE IS ALMOST ALWAYS IN HUMAN FORM.HOWEVER I MAY MENTION IN POSTING THAT HE IS IN DRAGON FORM READ CAREFULLY.

'Lo, there do I see my father. 'Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers. 'Lo, there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.' Lo, they do call to me.They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla. Where the brave may live forever.

Arthurs Greatest Themesong Ever

4:44 PM - Aug 13, 2018 #3

Ana froze for a moment. Most beings did not approach her kind willingly, as they appeared to be some odd combination of humans and elves, though not what most think of. After a second, Ana looked towards the voice that had spoken. With the sunlight bouncing off the water in the setting sun, the gold flecks in her eyes were even more pronounced than normal. Ana wore a long cloak over her clothes to try and keep the shimmer off her skin. The one thing that she hated about her race was that they shimmered in everything, and she was not a shimmery person. Ana was probably one of the most masculine females of her race, with a well-worn cloak, dark and dirty, but sturdy long-pants and shirt, and boots that had seen better days, though they were well taken care of. Though none of her daggers were visible, her bow was slung across her back, and her quill of arrows was easy enough to spot at her hip.

Ana looked at the approaching figure, deciding the best way to answer. He was large, though she was used to large. She was almost as tall as he was, and nearly as sturdy. She might not win in a fight against him, but Anahita knew that she would not be easy to best against him. His armor was the only thing that would, at a first glance, make him too hard to beat. She knew better than to assume at a first glance, though, as everyone has things hidden.

After she done assessing the new arrival in her circle, Ana answered him, as best she could. "As alright as can be possible, thank you for asking." Her voice rang slightly, as though she had sung, but there was no tune there. It was soft and kind, much unlike her chosen appearance. Another thing Ana hated; her race was meant to look soft to the touch, kind, easy to best in appearance; Ana hated this. She wanted those around her to know that she would win easily in a fight, not to be taken for granted. Her mother had always tried to put in dresses, soft curls around her face, and heels. A tiny shiver went down her spin as Ana remembered the days of her mother playing dress-up on her. Ana had been the only girl, and the oldest, so she was meant to carry her line. Her mother had pressured her too much to be the young, beautiful, soft woman, so Anahita had battled against it, and become the best fighter in her family, taking down everyone, including her father, though only once.

Ana looked back to the sea, wondering if this man would stay, his eyes giving off a slight draconic feel. Ana knew that there was more to this man then met the eye, and hoped that she could form an allegiance with him, at the very least to help her get to Kellen in one piece in this new and strange land.

7:05 AM - Aug 15, 2018 #4

The woman was an odd one when he looked at her. She was not human that much he could tell. She had gold flecks to her eyes that shined in this light. Her skin what showed shimmered slightly. She was also a bit more masculine than he was used to in most women. A warrior then by the look of her. Almost as tall as him and nearly as built. She would be tough in a fight but nothing he could not handle.

That might have been arrogance but Arthur was strong. Not just with strength, but power, and skill. The woman had those he could see it but he very rarely misjuged someone. Not that he was out for a fight. Not right now anyway. Later who could tell. She spoke and her voice rang almost like a song. Soft voice but hard of body. He wondered the tale behind that. He could probably guess but he didnt. He knew enough by looking at her that despite that voice she would be a tough character.

Still that hadn't stopped him from being concerned. That was Arthurs nature. Sometimes even the strongest of people needed help. Though not always a sword arm. Arthur said," Ah your welcome miss. Just checking anyway. You just froze a moment while I was walking by. So had to check. Figured something was up. Just instinct kicking in. You dont survive long in my buisness without paying attention to everything. Sorry to bother you." He tipped his head to her and walked a small distance away still in sight of her and plopped down in the sand and stared out at the sea.

He said mostly to himself," Always the hero aren't you old boy? Yeh retirement is gona do you wonders Arthur. Still one good solid adventure before hanging up the sword for good might be in order. Of course what haven't I done yet. What could I do for the last great hurrah for Arthur Mandraeg. Legendary Adventurer and Sellsword. What big thing awaits the half-dragon that defies the normal thoughts of his kind?"
[+] Spoiler
LVl 5 Infernos.LVL 5 Spellblade.Lvl 3 Archmage. Lvl 5 Primal Fist. Lvl 5 Force of Nature. Lvl 5 Irregular Roamer. Lvl 5 Hellfire Soul.
Have Sword. Will Travel.-Arthur
[+] Spoiler
NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ARTHUR. HE IS ALMOST ALWAYS IN HUMAN FORM.HOWEVER I MAY MENTION IN POSTING THAT HE IS IN DRAGON FORM READ CAREFULLY.

'Lo, there do I see my father. 'Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers. 'Lo, there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.' Lo, they do call to me.They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla. Where the brave may live forever.

Arthurs Greatest Themesong Ever