Forum rules
Dragon Spine Mountains The Dragonspine range runs from coast to coast across the far northern reaches of Imythess. These immense peaks are capped in snow and ice year-round, and quite often the snowfields extend below the treeline for much of the year as well. There are very few passes that penetrate beyond the foothills of these mountains, and even fewer that extend through the the Frozen North beyond. Travel is extraordinarily perilous through these mountains and valleys, for the weather can shift suddenly, bringing on blizzards and gale force winds at any time and in any season. Winter does not entirely loosen its grip here, especially in the upper elevations -- and in the heart of winter, these wild places are completely impassable.

This is perhaps one of the most sparsely populated regions in Imythess. The mountains themselves are steep-sided, rugged, and impressively tall, towering over their southeastern cousins. Many of the grey stone peaks are immense, thrusting like teeth from the earth. The mountainous terrain is cut with extremely narrow valleys, many of them glacially carved and therefore too steep to be scaled into or out of. Rivers that run these courses are often swift and violent, and not easily crossed due to their swift current and frigid temperatures.

It is easy to become lost within this range. There are dangers beyond the terrain worthy of concern, for in the not-so-distant past this range of mountains was the home of great winged lizards, and in places their signs can still be easily seen. Despite all the peril, though, it is a beautiful land: blanketed evergreen trees dotted with alpine lakes and streams.

An Organization? Perhaps...

August 8th, 2018, 10:31 pm #1

The evening was cold up this far in the Dragonspine, but not too bad. A lone figure sat on a small flat rock before a fire. She was dressed in hunting leathers of dark brown and black, her thick mane of hair had been tamed into a snug french braid that's tail reached to her waist. A sheathed blade rested on each hip and a small pack rested on the ground by a larger bolder not far from her. Her dark feathered wings, often described as angelic by others, were neatly folded across her back. Veanna was just glad to be out and about again, finally! She knew she was risking the ire of some, as yet to be named, annoyances by doing what she was doing... but in all truth, she didn't care. Besides, annoyances weren't deadly. No real harm would come from them.

She turned her roasting rabbits on the spit of a fire in front of her. The furs were set on a rock not far from the fire pit, cleaned and ready to be packed as soon as they were dry. This small clearing in the high pines was a present enough spot for the job, but she knew she was going to have to put the fire out before it got too dark. A open flame in these mountains was likely to bring attention she didn't want, at least not just yet. Dragons were not an unfamiliar thing for her to deal with, but she didn't really feel like playing that game right now.

The game she planned to play was much more dark and bloody then she would ever get to play with the dragons or their kin. First, she needed numbers. One can't steal a guild from under someone without proper followers and flunkies after all. She was even willing to accept the survives of less then demonic beings for her purposes. The real question was, where did she want to find these people?
Active Topics:

An Organization? Perhaps... (with Nathanial)

August 8th, 2018, 11:01 pm #2

I had arrived in the dragonspine mountains finally. I saw a fire up the mountain. "People!" I thought to myself. I hurried up the mountain. As I arrived near the fire I saw a woman. The woman was absolutely beautiful. It clouded my thoughts at first. I realized it must have been a succubus of some sort. I walked to her and sat across the fire from her. "What brings you out here," I said as I warmed my hands.
[img]https://.net/image/7g2gy.gif[/img]

Please help my eggies grow.

August 8th, 2018, 11:15 pm #3

A tall figure came out of the woods and Veanna didn't let her mental smile touch her lips as she saw it was a tall male. As he came closer she smelled the elf blood in him... and something... else. Intrigued she didn't raise any objection to him inviting himself to her fire. It was actually not an uncommon thing for others to do around Imythess, at least not too many people seemed too worried about joining her camps. She didn't think herself entirely non-threatening. Perhaps Chel had given her a bit of help? They did owe her something for her efforts after all.

She shrugged in response to his question and gestured at the rabbits roasting away over the fire. They were looking good. Golden brown was coloring the meat and juices were just starting to bead along the joints. She knew they were still raw inside though. Dark brown, almost black but not burnt, would be the best time to remove the meat from the flames. She wished she had time to set up a proper camp. She could have set up some proper cooking then. This was just a lark for her though, a distraction. "Hunting." She said after a moment, sighing heavily. "Though I'm not happy with the hunt so far."
Active Topics:

August 9th, 2018, 12:50 am #4

" Have you seen any dragons? There was this man named Alex..." I registered what she said midsentence about hunting and then gave her a sideways glance "those blades are most certainly not for hunting... I may be young but I'm not stupid. What are you out here for really? Demons aren't common around here from what I've read about these mountains." I pulled a piece of jerky from my bag and started chewing on it as I spoke

August 9th, 2018, 1:13 am #5

Ah, there we go. Some interesting bits and bobs! He wasn't disappointing, nor entirely blind! If this encounter turned out well she might have to give an offering to Chel. She wondered which of Them was behind this though, perhaps some sort of personal sacrifice would be best? Ah, well, no need to jump ahead just yet. There was clearly something here for her.

Veanna stretched out her legs in front of her leaned slightly back, tossing a sly grin at the stranger across from her. "Well I never did say what I was hunting. Rabbits are definitely not what I was hoping for, but I will take what I can get. I was trying to figure out where I would be off to next. Forests are not my normal scenic destination." She gestured to the darkening woods around them. Part of her though she could leave the fire here with him. It would be quite simple, just knock over the rabbits and then a dragon would show for sure. Burnt meat plus a fire would bring a less pleasant dragon then whoever this Alex sent him for, no doubt...

"Dragons, Demons, Angels, Elementals and other Magical Beasts are actually quite common all across these lands. Not as common as elves, dwarves, humans, and their ilk, but we are all far from uncommon. Imythess was once the Lands of the Gods after all. What sort of Gods would they be without angels and demons to do their bidding?"
Active Topics:

August 9th, 2018, 10:56 pm #6

I found myself staring as she stretched her legs. When she smiled my heart skipped a beat. I shook myself after I reminded myself she was a demon. " It may have been once but no longer. Now what are you hunting for exactly? There isn't much prey in these mountains... unless you are hunting for humans." I said with a sudden realisation. "There arent many beings out here that you could give your kiss to." I finished my piece of jerky so I grabbed another.

August 10th, 2018, 1:02 am #7

Veanna was about to make a comment as to where he thought all those creatures went when the Gods left, it wasn't as if most of them could go with the Gods. Then he jumped ahead to some conclusion of his own and she stopped her train of thought. Here she had thought she was going to be playing a nice game, but no. Not a nice game at all, he was turning it into something a lot less fun. She wasn't in the mood to have a fight... Feeling a bit hurt by his assumption, she decided to act on that instead.

She looked at him quietly for a moment and then said, a slight quaver in her voice. "You think I'm one of those demons? Really? I'm surprised you even spoke to me if you thought that!" Veanna stood up abruptly and took the few steps to pick up her bag. Pausing for a moment, she glanced over her shoulder and said a bit sharply. "I am trying to hunt down where other demons are hiding. I'm tired of being on my own. As you so astutely mentioned before, there are not many of us around anymore." She then went to scoop up her rabbit furs, rolling them up to stash in her bag until she could set them out to dry again properly. The rabbits and the furs were part of her deal with another Side... but they weren't difficult to find.
Active Topics:

August 10th, 2018, 1:45 am #8

"Is it just demons you are looking for?" I asked as I stood up. I secured the swords at my side. I didn't understand why she was offended by what I said. From what I had gathered she was a succubus. I must have made an incorrect assumption. " You said you weren't that kind of demon... so are you a succubus or not?" I closed my pack and watched as she packed her rabbits.

August 10th, 2018, 2:51 am #9

Veanna was annoyed. She wasn't yet sure if she was annoyed at herself or this male. However, she decided that Chel's Aspect of Qua might be the one behind this situation instead of the more worrisome Mi. Not that she particularly liked Qua, but it was beginning to take that sort of tilt... she hopped she was wrong. Veanna had never liked anything that took so much work. She took a moment to to sooth her hurt, now that she could tell he didn't really mean any harm from it.

Stuffing the last bit of rabbit fur in her pack, she tugged it closed and turned to look at the man. He seemed to be getting ready to go too... like he could have followed her if she hadn't wanted him to? She shifted her weight over onto one leg, resting her fist, gripping the strap of her bag, on that hip. She gestured vaguely at him, a little of her hurt still in her voice, an replied, "You really shouldn't make assumptions about chaotic races. We don't fit neatly into little boxes. If you are asking if I have a soul-sucking kiss, no. I'm more..." she gestured around them as the night started to creep in, "I guess humans would call it... A Shadow Demon? A Dream Demon? No, not dreams. Night Demon perhaps? I can't keep track of it. It's all silliness to me."

"You sure seem to be asking a lot about demons for someone who was looking for a dragon." Veanna observed, her curiosity about things wanting her to start asking questions too, though she was not really having much fun anymore. Souls were a valuable commodity and she was not the type to waist them as a power source, no matter what she had seen undead do here on Imythess. Stealing a soul took no skill and only common demons, like succubi and imps, did such things. Stolen souls could be taken by anyone with more power or guile then you. Earning a soul make it yours... Veanna decided that she was hurt more by the comparison to a soul thief then a succubus specifically. They weren't bad exactly... just... common.
Active Topics:

August 10th, 2018, 1:56 pm #10

"I have been searching for this dragon for quite a while, I doubt I will find him at this point. I would very much like to continue to learn, and the most plausible path would be to learn from you." I started to put the fire out as I spoke. From what I could gather she was still annoyed. I opened my mouth to speak, but I decided against it. I didn't want to annoy her anymore than I already had.