Forum rules
Dragon Spine Mountains The Dragonspine range runs from coast to coast across the far northern reaches of Imythess. These immense peaks are capped in snow and ice year-round, and quite often the snowfields extend below the treeline for much of the year as well. There are very few passes that penetrate beyond the foothills of these mountains, and even fewer that extend through the the Frozen North beyond. Travel is extraordinarily perilous through these mountains and valleys, for the weather can shift suddenly, bringing on blizzards and gale force winds at any time and in any season. Winter does not entirely loosen its grip here, especially in the upper elevations -- and in the heart of winter, these wild places are completely impassable.

This is perhaps one of the most sparsely populated regions in Imythess. The mountains themselves are steep-sided, rugged, and impressively tall, towering over their southeastern cousins. Many of the grey stone peaks are immense, thrusting like teeth from the earth. The mountainous terrain is cut with extremely narrow valleys, many of them glacially carved and therefore too steep to be scaled into or out of. Rivers that run these courses are often swift and violent, and not easily crossed due to their swift current and frigid temperatures.

It is easy to become lost within this range. There are dangers beyond the terrain worthy of concern, for in the not-so-distant past this range of mountains was the home of great winged lizards, and in places their signs can still be easily seen. Despite all the peril, though, it is a beautiful land: blanketed evergreen trees dotted with alpine lakes and streams.

August 10th, 2018, 8:06 pm #11

Teaching? Veanna blinked a little in surprise at that. What? Why would... It wasn't that... she gave her head a little shake that she felt move down her neck and shoulders a little bit. Alright. This was new, unexpected, and definitely not Qua. Was it perhaps something a little more helpful? Something a bit more... lucky? She didn't dare continue that line of thought. She wasn't about to have her hopes dashed by giving any of the so called "good and noble" beings in this world a chance to destroy her own goals of happiness before they were even possable. Just because they were not what those beings felt were "right" didn't mean that they were wrong to wish for.

"Those rabbits won't cook if you put out the fire. There are not many good leaves to wrap them in for cooking in coals up here. Except, perhaps, for old plantain plants." Veanna commented mildly, her tone a bit distracted. She honestly didn't care about the meat though, and he clearly had food. She would be fine leaving it for scavengers. She was more interested in the fact he wanted training of some sort. Teaching... training? Well, she could... but why should she?

After a breath longer she set her bag down by the bolder and frowned a little. Crossing her arms under her chest, she asked, "I'm not normally one to go out of my way to teach someone I just met. Usually there is some sort of payment or sacrifice involved when someone wants something from a demon. The least I would be willing to accept is a test to give me some idea of what I am working with. What sort of things are you hoping to learn exactly?"

Active Topics:

An Organization? Perhaps... (with Nathanial)

August 10th, 2018, 11:01 pm #12

"I came to learn about magic and blade skills." Eve jumped from my arm just as I was done talking. It was well beyond feeding time and she was extremely hungry. I picked her up and nuzzled her a little. "Isn't somebody a little monster." I pulled a small ration from my bag and gave it to her. I put her down to let her eat. "I'm sorry I was supposed to feed her a few hours ago." I was getting hungry too. " are you going to eat those rabbits? Oh by the way I'm Nathaniel"
[img]https://.net/image/7g2gy.gif[/img]

Please help my eggies grow.