HEB. 1:6 -WORSHIP JESUS CHRIST. . . .WHAT IT MEANS. . . A CHALLENGE TO INC

HEB. 1:6 -WORSHIP JESUS CHRIST. . . .WHAT IT MEANS. . . A CHALLENGE TO INC

July 14th, 2012, 2:20 pm #1

INC DOCTRINE:

1.THE IGLESIA NI CRISTO (INC) BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS ONLY A MAN.

2.THE IGLESIA NI CRISTO (INC) BELIEVE THAT JESUS MUST BE WORSHIPED.

NOW,THERE CAN BE NO MISTAKE THAT JESUS IS TO BE WORSHIPED (HEB. 1:6), FOR EVEN ANGELS WERE COMMANDED.

BUT IT IS A SIN TO WORSHIP MAN, OR EVEN WORSHIP ANGELS, AS THE BIBLE DECLARES.

THE INC'S REASON WHY THEY WORSHIP JESUS IS THAT BECAUSE GOD HAS COMMANDED THAT JESUS BE WORSHIPED.

THEY ARE SIMPLY SAYING THAT IT IS NOT A SIN TO WORSHIP JESUS EVEN THOUGH HE IS JUST A MAN BECAUSE

IT WAS COMMANDED BY GOD. I DON'T KNOW OF ANY OTHER REASON WHY THEY WORSHIP JESUS.

IF THIS IS ALL THERE IS WHY INC WORSHIP JESUS AND NOTHING MORE, THEIR WORSHIPING JESUS THEN IS JUST

ONLY IN OBEDIENCE TO THAT COMMAND OF GOD.

SO I WOULD LIKE TO ASK THESE QUESTIONS TO THE INC, FOR BOTH MEMBERS AND CHURCH MINISTERS.

1. WHAT IS THE REASON WHY GOD COMMANDED YOU TO WORSHIP JESUS WHO YOU BELIEVE IS ONLY A MAN?

2. WHAT IS THERE TO WORSHIP ABOUT JESUS?

3. WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORSHIP? WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF WORSHIP? LET'S TAKE AS REFERENCE, HEBREWS 1:6.

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE.

JESUS is the Way, the TRUTH, and the Life.

July 15th, 2012, 3:41 am #2

Because they couldn't defend their position of worshipping the man Jesus.

By the way, assuming Heb 16 is correctly written, how come God did not command mankind to worship Jesus? More, did the apostles preach to worship Jesus? Did any of the apostles worship Jesus-who?

Question: "Who wrote the Book of Hebrews? Who was the author of Hebrews?"

Answer: Theologically speaking, scholars generally regard the book of Hebrews to be second in importance only to Paul's letter to the Romans in the New Testament. No other book so eloquently defines Christ as high priest of Christianity, superior to the Aaronic priesthood, and the fulfillment of the Law and the Prophets. This book presents Christ as the Author and Perfecter of our faith (Hebrews 12:2). However, both the authorship and audience are in question.

The title, "To the Hebrews," which appears in the earliest known copy of the epistle is not a part of the original manuscript. There is no salutation, the letter simply begins with the assertion that Jesus, the Son of God, has appeared, atoned for our sins, and is now seated at the right hand of God in heaven (Hebrews 1:1-4).

The letter closes with the words "Grace be with you all" (Hebrews 13:25), which is the same closing found in each of Paul's known letters (see Romans 16:20; 1 Corinthians 16:23; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Galatians 6:18; Ephesians 6:24; Philippians 4:23; Colossians 4:18; 1 Thessalonians 5:28; 2 Thessalonians 3:18; 1 Timothy 6:21; 2 Timothy 4:22; Titus 3:15; and Philemon 25). However, it should be noted that Peter (1 Peter 5:14; 2 Peter 3:18) used similarthough not identicalclosings. Possibly that it was simply customary to close letters like this with the words "Grace be with you all" during this time period.

Church tradition teaches that Paul wrote the book of Hebrews, and until the 1800s, that issue was closed. However, though a vast majority of Christiansboth and scholars and the laitystill believe Paul wrote the book, there are some tempting reasons to think otherwise.

First and foremost is the lack of a salutation. Some sort of personal salutation from Paul appears in all of his letters. So it would seem that writing anonymously is not his usual method; therefore, the reasoning goes, Hebrews cannot be one of his letters. Second, the overall composition and style is of a person who is a very sophisticated writer. Even though he was certainly a sophisticated communicator, Paul stated that he purposely did not speak with a commanding vocabulary (1 Corinthians 1:17; 2:1; 2 Corinthians 11:6).

The book of Hebrews quotes extensively from the Old Testament. Paul, as a Pharisee, would have been familiar with the Scripture in its original Hebrew language. In other letters, Paul either quotes the Masoretic Text (the original Hebrew) or paraphrases it. However, all of the quotes in this epistle are taken out of the Septuagint (the Greek Old Testament), which is inconsistent with Paul's usage. Finally, Paul was an apostle who claimed to receive his revelations directly from the Lord Jesus (1 Corinthians 11:23; Galatians 1:12). The writer of Hebrews specifically says that he was taught by an apostle (Hebrews 2:3).

If Paul didn't write the letter, who did? The most plausible suggestion is that this was actually a sermon Paul gave and it was transcribed later by Luke, a person who would have had the command of the Greek language which the writer shows. Barnabas is another likely prospect, since he was a Levite and would have been speaking on a subject that he knew much about. Martin Luther suggested Apollos, since he would have had the education the writer of this letter must have had. Priscilla and Clemet of Rome have been suggested by other scholars.

July 15th, 2012, 9:47 pm #3

YOU ASKED AND I QUOTE:

"By the way, assuming Heb 16 is correctly written, how come God did not command mankind to worship Jesus? More, did the apostles preach to worship Jesus? Did any of the apostles worship Jesus-who?

"Who wrote the Book of Hebrews? Who was the author of Hebrews?"

WITH REGARDS TO THE BOOK OF HEBREWS, I BELIEVE THAT IT IS PART OF THE INSPIRED WRITING OF THE WORD OF

GOD. SO THAT IT IS FOUND ON EVERY BIBLE OVER THE CENTURIES UP TO THE PRESENT. O.T. SCRIPTURE HAS BEEN

CITED IN VARIOUS PARTS OF THE EPISTLE AND WERE IN ORDER. I HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE THAT THOSE WHO WERE

TASKED TO EVALUATE IT'S AUTHENTICITY,IT'S CORRECTNESS, IT'S INSPIRATION, IT'S CONSISTENCY AND HARMONY

WITH THE REST OF SCRIPTURE, HAVE DONE SO WITH THE GUIDANCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. AND I FIRMLY

BELIEVE THAT IF IT WERE NOT "CORRECTLY WRITTEN", GOD WOULD HAVE NOT PERMITTED IT'S INCLUSION A LONG

TIME AGO. THE ONLY THING NOW THAT CAN'T BE ASCERTAINED IS IT'S AUTHOR. IN MY OPINION, ALTHOUGH IT

WOULD BE GREAT TO KNOW THE WRITER SO AS TO HAVE A MORE PROFOUND WAY OF APPROACHING IT AND

UNDERSTANDING IT'S MESSAGE, NOT KNOWING THE WRITER IS NOT THAT CRITICAL AND DOES NOT IN ANY WAY

CHANGE THE MESSAGE IT CONTAINS. AND IN FACT, IF WHETHER IT'S PAUL, APOLLOS,LUKE, BARNABAS, OR

PRISCILLA,IN MY OPINION,WOULD NOT REALLY MATTER AS MUCH, ALL OF THEM BEING KNOWN TO BE APOSTLES AND

TRUE DISCIPLES OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND ARE THEREFORE TRUSTWORTHY.

REGARDING THE REST OF YOUR QUESTIONS, I DON'T WANT TO PREEMPT ANY REPLIES ON THIS TOPIC, SO I ASKED

THAT I BE EXCUSED FOR THE MEANTIME AND NOT GIVE YOU MY ANSWER YET. BUT AS A STARTER, LET ME SAY THIS.

YOU SEE, THE MATTER OF WORSHIPING JESUS ON THE AFFIRMATIVE IS RATHER EASY TO EXPLAIN BECAUSE OF

MANY BIBLICAL VERSES AND PASSAGES THAT TESTIFIES OF CHRIST'S DIVINE NATURE. AND ON THE CONTRARY,

THERE ARE FEW BIBLICAL VERSES,IF AT ALL THERE IS, THAT COULD BE TAKEN AS REASONS TO WORSHIP JESUS,IF

JESUS IS ONLY MAN. AND THE ABSENCE OF A DIRECT COMMAND BY GOD, TO WORSHIP JESUS, MAKES IT ALL THE

MORE DIFFICULT TO EXPLAIN.

July 18th, 2012, 6:36 am #4

INC DOCTRINE:

NOW,THERE CAN BE NO MISTAKE THAT JESUS IS TO BE WORSHIPED (HEB. 1:6), FOR EVEN ANGELS WERE COMMANDED.

THE INC'S REASON WHY THEY WORSHIP JESUS IS THAT BECAUSE GOD HAS COMMANDED THAT JESUS BE WORSHIPED.

THEY ARE SIMPLY SAYING THAT IT IS NOT A SIN TO WORSHIP JESUS EVEN THOUGH HE IS JUST A MAN BECAUSE

IT WAS COMMANDED BY GOD. I DON'T KNOW OF ANY OTHER REASON WHY THEY WORSHIP JESUS.

IF THIS IS ALL THERE IS WHY INC WORSHIP JESUS AND NOTHING MORE, THEIR WORSHIPING JESUS THEN IS JUST

SO I WOULD LIKE TO ASK THESE QUESTIONS TO THE INC, FOR BOTH MEMBERS AND CHURCH MINISTERS.

1. WHAT IS THE REASON WHY GOD COMMANDED YOU TO WORSHIP JESUS WHO YOU BELIEVE IS ONLY A MAN?

3. WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORSHIP? WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF WORSHIP? LET'S TAKE AS REFERENCE, HEBREWS 1:6.

SHUDAS SAID AND I QUOTE:

"Hebrews 1:4-7 New Life Version (NLV)
4 The Son of God was made greater and better than the angels. God gave Him a greater name than theirs. 5 God did not say to any of His angels, You are My Son. Today I have become Your Father. And He did not say to any angel, I will be a Father to Him. He will be a Son to Me. 6 But when God brought His first-born Son, Jesus, into the world, He said, Let all the angels of God worship Him. 7 He said this about the angels, He makes His angels to be winds. He makes His servants a burning fire.

Apostle Paul wrote those text in his letter to the Hebrews. But who is Jesus according to Apostle Paul? Lets read what he says in 1Tim 2:5.

1 Timothy 2:5 New Life Version (NLV)
5 There is one God. There is one Man standing between God and men. That Man is Christ Jesus.

Apostle Paul described Jesus as the one man standing (mediator) between God and men. So why should he contradict himself and write that Jesus is another God?----- Answer that, Michael. "

THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM SHUDAS.

HEB.1:6 CLEARLY SAYS THAT GOD HAVE COMMANDED ALL HIS ANGELS TO WORSHIP JESUS.

IS THAT NOT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU, THAT GOD WANTS JESUS TO BE WORSHIPED?

YOU DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND HEB.1:6, BECAUSE YOU JUST CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT IT SAYS?

AND SO NOW YOU ARE TRYING TO BELIE HEB.1:6 BY REASONING OUT THAT JESUS IS JUST A MAN AND

IS NOT TO BE WORSHIPED?

IF THE BIBLE SAYS JESUS IS A MAN, AND THE BIBLE SAYS JESUS IS TO BE WORSHIPED, THERE IS ONLY

ONE THING TO DO. BELIEVE. IF YOU CAN'T DO THAT, THEN THE PROBLEM IS WITH YOU AND NOT THE WORDS OF

GOD. YOU MAY SAY, THEY CONTRADICT EACH OTHER. YES THEY DO, IF YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS ONLY JUST

A MAN. SO WHAT DOES THAT IMPLY? SINCE WE CAN'T MAKE THE WORDS OF GOD IN THE BIBLE TO BE FALSE, THERE

COULD ONLY BE ONE OBVIOUS CONCLUSION WHY JESUS IS TO BE WORSHIPED.

July 18th, 2012, 8:54 am #5

Apostle Paul writes in 1Tim 2:5- New Life Version(NLV)
5 There is one God. There is one Man standing between God and men. That Man is Christ Jesus.

Michael, your salvation is in total danger. You are basing your faith on a vague, highly controversial verse with the word worship which could be easily replaced with any of the following words respect, honor, revere, adore. If such is the case, why dont you seek clearer verses like that one in 1Tim2:5 where the same person wrote the same about Jesus?

Worship is toward a deity or God. Worship of a man is idolatry. If Jesus is Man, according to Apostle Paul, why should he write that he should be worshipped? Why confuse you? Answer that. Michael. Be reasonable. Assuming, just assuming, God directed his angels to worsip Jesus, have you ever wonder why there no such directive to men? Jesus and his apostles didn't preach to worship Jesus. WHy? They know exactly who is worthy of worship- God! Michael, be patient to read all these below verses so you can comprehend things properly.

Who exactly is worthy of worship?

Below are self-explanatory verses that will prove only God is worthy of worship- none else.

WORSHIP OF GOD:

Matthew 4:10 (English Standard Version)
10 Then Jesus said to him, "Be gone, Satan! For it is written, "'You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.'"

John 4:23 (English Standard Version)
23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.

Psalm 99:5 (English Standard Version)
5 Exalt the LORD our God; worship at his footstool! Holy is he!

Psalm 29:2 (English Standard Version)
2 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of holiness.
Revelation 22:8-9 (English Standard Version) The angel said "You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brother the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God."

WORSHIP OF MEN:

Acts 10:25-26 (English Standard Version)
Apostle Peter
25 When Peter entered, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, "Stand up; I too am a man."

Acts 14:15 (English Standard Version)
Apostles Paul and Barnabas
15 "Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men, of like nature with you, and we bring you good news, that you should turn from these vain things to a living God, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all that is in them.

WORSHIP OF ANGELS:

Revelation 22:8-9 (English Standard Version)
The angel.
I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me, 9 but he said to me, "You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brother the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God."

JESUS IS A FELLOW SERVANT OF GOD.
Here, the angel said he is a servant of God that should not be worshipped. So is Jesus (Acts 3:13, 3:26, 4:27).

Acts 3:13 (English Standard Version)
13 The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified his servant Jesus

Michael, I believe God has purposely hidden the truth from you (Luke 10:21)because you are worshipping a false God. Heed Apostle James advice (James 1:5)- sincerely ask wisdom from God and he will give you. Repent !!!

July 18th, 2012, 11:51 am #6

INC DOCTRINE:

JESUS IS PART OF THE GODHEAD...

July 18th, 2012, 12:22 pm #7

Apostle Paul writes in 1Tim 2:5- New Life Version(NLV)

Michael, your salvation is in total danger. You are basing your faith on a vague, highly controversial verse with the word worship which could be easily replaced with any of the following words respect, honor, revere, adore. If such is the case, why dont you seek clearer verses like that one in 1Tim2:5 where the same person wrote the same about Jesus?

Worship is toward a deity or God. Worship of a man is idolatry. If Jesus is Man, according to Apostle Paul, why should he write that he should be worshipped? Why confuse you? Answer that. Michael. Be reasonable. Assuming, just assuming, God directed his angels to worsip Jesus, have you ever wonder why there no such directive to men? Jesus and his apostles didn't preach to worship Jesus. WHy? They know exactly who is worthy of worship- God! Michael, be patient to read all these below verses so you can comprehend things properly.

Who exactly is worthy of worship?

Below are self-explanatory verses that will prove only God is worthy of worship- none else.

WORSHIP OF GOD:

Matthew 4:10 (English Standard Version)
10 Then Jesus said to him, "Be gone, Satan! For it is written, "'You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.'"

John 4:23 (English Standard Version)
23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.

Psalm 99:5 (English Standard Version)
5 Exalt the LORD our God; worship at his footstool! Holy is he!

Psalm 29:2 (English Standard Version)
2 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of holiness.
Revelation 22:8-9 (English Standard Version) The angel said "You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brother the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God."

WORSHIP OF MEN:

Acts 10:25-26 (English Standard Version)
Apostle Peter
25 When Peter entered, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, "Stand up; I too am a man."

Acts 14:15 (English Standard Version)
Apostles Paul and Barnabas
15 "Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men, of like nature with you, and we bring you good news, that you should turn from these vain things to a living God, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all that is in them.

WORSHIP OF ANGELS:

Revelation 22:8-9 (English Standard Version)
The angel.
I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me, 9 but he said to me, "You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brother the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God."

JESUS IS A FELLOW SERVANT OF GOD.
Here, the angel said he is a servant of God that should not be worshipped. So is Jesus (Acts 3:13, 3:26, 4:27).

Acts 3:13 (English Standard Version)
13 The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified his servant Jesus

Michael, I believe God has purposely hidden the truth from you (Luke 10:21)because you are worshipping a false God. Heed Apostle James advice (James 1:5)- sincerely ask wisdom from God and he will give you. Repent !!!

QUOTE FROM SHUDAS:

"Michael, your salvation is in total danger. You are basing your faith on a vague, highly controversial verse with the word worship which could be easily replaced with any of the following words respect, honor, revere, adore. If such is the case, why dont you seek clearer verses like that one in 1Tim2:5 where the same person wrote the same about Jesus? "

IS IT? VAGUE VERSE? VAGUE FOR YOU I GUESS. ALMOST ALL BIBLE VERSIONS TRANSLATE THE ORIGINAL GREEK

WORD PROSKYNEO TO WORSHIP. AND TO THINK, EVERY GROUP INVOLVED IN THE TRANSLATION HAVE A KNOWLEDGE OF

THE GREEK LANGUAGE.

ACCORDING TO THE GREEK DICTIONARY:

"PROSKYNEO" MEANS to worship, pay homage, show reverence; to kneel down (before)
to do reverence, or homage by kissing the hand;in NT to do reverence or homage by prostration,

THE MERE FACT THAT AN OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF BIBLE VERSIONS USES WORSHIP TO TRANSLATE THE

GREEK WORD PROSKYNEO, JUST SHOWS THAT EVERY OTHER WORD, SUCH AS ADORE, USED BY A FEW, DOES NOT IN

ANYWAY TAKE AWAY THE ESSENCE OF THE WORD WHICH IS TO WORSHIP AND SHOW REVERENCE, HONOR,RESPECT,

AND ADORE.

ACCORDING TO THE MERRIAM-WEBSTER ENGLISH DICTIONARY:

"WORSHIP" MEANS to honor or reverence as a divine being or supernatural power ;to regard with great
or extravagant respect, honor, or devotion

"ADORE" MEANS to worship or honor as a deity or as divine

DO YOU SEE NOW THAT WHATEVER IT IS YOU WANT TO USE DOES NOT TAKE AWAY THE ESSENCE OF THE ORIGINAL

GREEK WORD PROSKYNEO?

AND . . . . . . . . .

ACCORDING TO SHUDAS, WHAT DOES WORSHIP MEAN?

QUOTE FROM SHUDAS:

" Worship is toward a deity or God. Worship of a man is idolatry. If Jesus is Man, according to Apostle Paul, why should he write that he should be worshipped? Why confuse you? Answer that. Michael. Be reasonable. Assuming, just assuming, God directed his angels to worsip Jesus, have you ever wonder why there no such directive to men? Jesus and his apostles didn't preach to worship Jesus. WHy? They know exactly who is worthy of worship- God! Michael, be patient to read all these below verses so you can comprehend things properly.

Who exactly is worthy of worship? "

OF COURSE GOD IS WORTHY OF WORSHIP. I HOPE I ANSWERED DIRECTLY YOUR QUESTION.

BUT WHAT YOU ARE POINTING OUT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT WE ARE DISCUSSING HERE.

OUR VERSE IS HEB. 1:6. GOD DIRECTED HIS ANGELS TO WORSHIP (OR ADORE IF YOU LIKE)JESUS.

YOU ALWAYS APPROACH THE VERSE BY SAYING JESUS IS A MAN, AND NOT TO BE WORSHIP, ETC.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO THE VERSE, YOU ARE MOVING AWAY FROM IT. YOU ARE ARGUING WITH THE VERSE,

INSTEAD OF UNDERSTANDING IT.

RELEVANT QUESTION ON HEB.1:6

1. WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHEN YOU SAY YOU WORSHIP? (OR WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF WORSHIP FOR YOU?)

2. WHY DID GOD COMMANDED HIS ANGELS TO WORSHIP (OR ADORE) JESUS?

ANSWER THESE DIRECTLY RELEVANT QUESTIONS, BEFORE WE GO TO ANSWERING INDIRECTLY RELATED QUESTIONS

LIKE THOSE WHICH YOU ARE ASKING.

July 18th, 2012, 12:59 pm #8

JESUS IS PART OF THE GODHEAD...

July 19th, 2012, 4:19 am #9

QUOTE FROM SHUDAS:

"Michael, your salvation is in total danger. You are basing your faith on a vague, highly controversial verse with the word worship which could be easily replaced with any of the following words respect, honor, revere, adore. If such is the case, why dont you seek clearer verses like that one in 1Tim2:5 where the same person wrote the same about Jesus? "

IS IT? VAGUE VERSE? VAGUE FOR YOU I GUESS. ALMOST ALL BIBLE VERSIONS TRANSLATE THE ORIGINAL GREEK

WORD PROSKYNEO TO WORSHIP. AND TO THINK, EVERY GROUP INVOLVED IN THE TRANSLATION HAVE A KNOWLEDGE OF

THE GREEK LANGUAGE.

ACCORDING TO THE GREEK DICTIONARY:

"PROSKYNEO" MEANS to worship, pay homage, show reverence; to kneel down (before)
to do reverence, or homage by kissing the hand;in NT to do reverence or homage by prostration,

THE MERE FACT THAT AN OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF BIBLE VERSIONS USES WORSHIP TO TRANSLATE THE

GREEK WORD PROSKYNEO, JUST SHOWS THAT EVERY OTHER WORD, SUCH AS ADORE, USED BY A FEW, DOES NOT IN

ANYWAY TAKE AWAY THE ESSENCE OF THE WORD WHICH IS TO WORSHIP AND SHOW REVERENCE, HONOR,RESPECT,

AND ADORE.

ACCORDING TO THE MERRIAM-WEBSTER ENGLISH DICTIONARY:

"WORSHIP" MEANS to honor or reverence as a divine being or supernatural power ;to regard with great
or extravagant respect, honor, or devotion

"ADORE" MEANS to worship or honor as a deity or as divine

DO YOU SEE NOW THAT WHATEVER IT IS YOU WANT TO USE DOES NOT TAKE AWAY THE ESSENCE OF THE ORIGINAL

GREEK WORD PROSKYNEO?

AND . . . . . . . . .

ACCORDING TO SHUDAS, WHAT DOES WORSHIP MEAN?

QUOTE FROM SHUDAS:

" Worship is toward a deity or God. Worship of a man is idolatry. If Jesus is Man, according to Apostle Paul, why should he write that he should be worshipped? Why confuse you? Answer that. Michael. Be reasonable. Assuming, just assuming, God directed his angels to worsip Jesus, have you ever wonder why there no such directive to men? Jesus and his apostles didn't preach to worship Jesus. WHy? They know exactly who is worthy of worship- God! Michael, be patient to read all these below verses so you can comprehend things properly.

Who exactly is worthy of worship? "

OF COURSE GOD IS WORTHY OF WORSHIP. I HOPE I ANSWERED DIRECTLY YOUR QUESTION.

BUT WHAT YOU ARE POINTING OUT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT WE ARE DISCUSSING HERE.

OUR VERSE IS HEB. 1:6. GOD DIRECTED HIS ANGELS TO WORSHIP (OR ADORE IF YOU LIKE)JESUS.

YOU ALWAYS APPROACH THE VERSE BY SAYING JESUS IS A MAN, AND NOT TO BE WORSHIP, ETC.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO THE VERSE, YOU ARE MOVING AWAY FROM IT. YOU ARE ARGUING WITH THE VERSE,

INSTEAD OF UNDERSTANDING IT.

RELEVANT QUESTION ON HEB.1:6

1. WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHEN YOU SAY YOU WORSHIP? (OR WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF WORSHIP FOR YOU?)

2. WHY DID GOD COMMANDED HIS ANGELS TO WORSHIP (OR ADORE) JESUS?

ANSWER THESE DIRECTLY RELEVANT QUESTIONS, BEFORE WE GO TO ANSWERING INDIRECTLY RELATED QUESTIONS

LIKE THOSE WHICH YOU ARE ASKING.

Just assuming Hebrew 1:6 really said the angels are to worship Jesus, did it boil to imply he is God because he is worshipped by the angels? Did the apostles preach to worhsip Jesus because he is God? Did Jesus say he is God tobe worshipped? None at all, Michael. Wake up !LOL

The Catholic Bible used "adore" instead of worship and some more unbiased versions used other words than worship. WHy? Why the difference? That makes the word vague and controversial, otherwise none would have replaced it. got it, michael? LOL

Only the Almighty Father is worthy of worship- none else.

July 19th, 2012, 7:42 am #10

WHAT IS THERE IN JESUS CHRIST THAT GOD HAS ALL HIS ANGELS WORSHIP HIM? DEITY. JESUS IS THE SON OF

GOD, BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER. DID GOD NOT SAY:

HEB.1:6
" And again, when he bringeth in the FIRSTBEGOTTEN into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him." (KJV)

QUOTE FROM SHUDAS:

"The Catholic Bible used "adore" instead of worship and some more unbiased versions used other words than worship. WHy? Why the difference? That makes the word vague and controversial, otherwise none would have replaced it. got it, michael? LOL "

http://www.network54.com/Forum/70213/me ... TO+WORSHIP

NOBODY REPLACED IT SHUDAS. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN THE MEANING AND ESSENCE OF THE ORIGINAL GREEK

WORD. THEY MEAN TO SAY THE SAME MEANING. THE ESSENCE IS THE SAME. AND WHAT WILL THEY GAIN IF THEY

REPLACED THE WORD? NOTHING BUT THE WRATH OF GOD.