Changes Ahead - Important Announcement

May 24th, 2018, 11:35 am #1

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
For those of you who did not attend the seventh AGM of the Group last night, I would like to share with you the following information.
There will be a number of changes on the committee and I would like to welcome aboard Tim & Annette Broadbent who in due course shall be looking after the membership side of things following a bedding in period working alongside Lynda Bacon. Lynda, after a dreadful time health-wise, shall be returning to travel duties next season to allow Liam Attwood to focus entirely on his treasurer role.
I would like to place my heartfelt thanks out there to David Potter who has stood down as secretary, a change in circumstances meaning that he will be spending less time locally. Duncan Lapping shall be returning in that role in an acting capacity for the foreseeable future.
My thanks also go out to Lee Francis who no longer has the time to give the media role the full attention that he would like. I shall be making sure that any important news emerging from the committee continues to be shared with you online.
Equally importantly, I made the decision to stand down as chairman. After six years in the role, and with the Group entering a new and exciting period working ever closely alongside the football club, the time is right for someone to take over and offer fresh ideas and approach. I shall continue to be around to advise the committee if my input is required and shall be helping the new chair to settle into the role. At this stage there is no rush for a new appointment and the committee will be meeting in June prior to any announcement being made.
There are too many people who I would like to thank for their invaluable support and assistance during my time. Suffice to say, you know who you are!
Finally, I would just like to say how proud I am of the Group and it was truly an honour to represent you all. It has been a heck of a ride. I have paid my subs for the next year (at the newly ratified rate of £6 - £3 for U16s, free for U5s) and will always be around. One day, the time might be right for a return.
But for now, many thanks and all the best.
DUNCAN PAYNE (FORMER CHAIRMAN)

May 24th, 2018, 12:43 pm #2

Duncan Payne wrote:IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
For those of you who did not attend the seventh AGM of the Group last night, I would like to share with you the following information.
There will be a number of changes on the committee and I would like to welcome aboard Tim & Annette Broadbent who in due course shall be looking after the membership side of things following a bedding in period working alongside Lynda Bacon. Lynda, after a dreadful time health-wise, shall be returning to travel duties next season to allow Liam Attwood to focus entirely on his treasurer role.
I would like to place my heartfelt thanks out there to David Potter who has stood down as secretary, a change in circumstances meaning that he will be spending less time locally. Duncan Lapping shall be returning in that role in an acting capacity for the foreseeable future.
My thanks also go out to Lee Francis who no longer has the time to give the media role the full attention that he would like. I shall be making sure that any important news emerging from the committee continues to be shared with you online.
Equally importantly, I made the decision to stand down as chairman. After six years in the role, and with the Group entering a new and exciting period working ever closely alongside the football club, the time is right for someone to take over and offer fresh ideas and approach. I shall continue to be around to advise the committee if my input is required and shall be helping the new chair to settle into the role. At this stage there is no rush for a new appointment and the committee will be meeting in June prior to any announcement being made.
There are too many people who I would like to thank for their invaluable support and assistance during my time. Suffice to say, you know who you are!
Finally, I would just like to say how proud I am of the Group and it was truly an honour to represent you all. It has been a heck of a ride. I have paid my subs for the next year (at the newly ratified rate of £6 - £3 for U16s, free for U5s) and will always be around. One day, the time might be right for a return.
But for now, many thanks and all the best.
DUNCAN PAYNE (FORMER CHAIRMAN)
Dunc , you thanking us more like us thanking you !!!!!!
The passion that you have not just for the supporters group , it includes Ilkeston Town new and old plus that other club ifc is simply amazing . The time and effort you have put in in all aspects is mind blowing to me , I couldn't do a quarter in what you have done for the club and fans. Yes I have the passion but working shifts I can't take a role on the committee as I would love to do. God knows how you have done it . It's great though you will still be there in the background coz I think that is sooooo crucial to the supporters group .
Once again Duncan a MASSIVE THANK YOU !!!!!!!????????????

May 24th, 2018, 1:57 pm #3

?????

May 26th, 2018, 3:48 pm #4

Thank you, guys.

May 26th, 2018, 6:04 pm #5

You've done a fantastic job Dunc and all for the love of the club. I work in the same yard as the Office Craig Ludlam works in, caught up with him on Thursday as he was going in. Says he hopes to get a call for the next legends match, said he was keeping himself fit and would be over Deffo in the season.

May 27th, 2018, 8:04 pm #6

Cheggy Robin wrote:You've done a fantastic job Dunc and all for the love of the club. I work in the same yard as the Office Craig Ludlam works in, caught up with him on Thursday as he was going in. Says he hopes to get a call for the next legends match, said he was keeping himself fit and would be over Deffo in the season.
Fantastic stuff. I was thinking about getting another Legends game up and going a few months ago but shelved it when all the news about us going 3G started flying around. Typically - through no fault of the club - it looks like 3G isn't going to happen in '18 so I could have pursued it after all. There WILL be another, one day, and this time at the NMG but it's all about timing.

June 8th, 2018, 3:22 pm #7

I concur with the above sentiments, although I've not been around very long as a fan I can see that you are Mr ITFC and a guy who have unselfishly given huge chunks of time so that people like myself have a team to follow on a Saturday. I hope the club continue to call upon your expertise when needed. Enjoy the rest!

June 8th, 2018, 9:58 pm #8

Thanks for your kind words, Perry. I shall never be far away.