Zach is the latest 12er finisher!

Zach is the latest 12er finisher!

Dan
Dan

July 23rd, 2010, 9:45 pm #1

Zach started his 12er quest 9 years ago and finished today on Mount Idaho.

Rob W
Rob W

July 23rd, 2010, 9:47 pm #2

Way to go Zach!! I thought you were going to wait until August to take on Idaho

You can't hold back a work horse!!

mlsl
mlsl

July 23rd, 2010, 10:50 pm #3

Congrats Zach....great accomplishment !!

zdv

July 24th, 2010, 4:49 am #4

Way to go Zach!! I thought you were going to wait until August to take on Idaho

You can't hold back a work horse!!
I decided I didn't want to go to work today and finishing the 12ers sounded like a much better way to spend the day

I did run into Ron and rest of the group climbing Mt Idaho. Probably not too often 8 people climb this peak in a day!

zdv

July 24th, 2010, 4:52 am #5

I'm guessing I'm the first native Floridian to accomplish this feat?

Thank you all for the congratulations. Also thanks go to Dan, James, Matt, and Mike... my trip partners on the various peaks!

July 24th, 2010, 2:47 pm #6

9 years. You beat me. I also finished the High Nine with Mt Idaho (Sept 1991), but it took me 11 years.

What's next?

Our daughter Lexi won a couple of art awards in 1994 for this watercolor of Mount Idaho. It now hangs over our bed. Every night we go to sleep beside the shores of Merriam Lake.

zdv

July 24th, 2010, 10:57 pm #7

I'll probably focus on stuff closer to Boise for the rest of the summer... I've been hoping to get back in the Trinities after a long absence. At some future juncture I'd like to climb USGS Peak to round out the top ten.

The Mt Idaho picture is great... better than any photo!

July 25th, 2010, 4:39 am #8

I finished off Church and Donaldson today making my grand total of 12ers 8. Leatherman is my last one and I'll be climbing it on Aug. 7 with Rob R. and Mike F.

One funny thing is that Zach and I passed each other on the highway yesterday in Picabo. He was on his way back fro Idaho and I was on my way to Church/Donaldson.

for the first time EVER I had to share a mountain today with someone not in my party. We encountered 5 other people on the mountain today including Michael (Boisedoc, Who finished his 12ers today with Church) and "Standard" Dave & company from Poky. There was also a fellow from Stanley and one from Bozeman, Montana.

Congrats Zach on the accomplishment It has been fun tackling the 12ers with you. Once I get Leatherman in a couple of weeks I can join you on the list! It will be nice to be able to explore some other areas now.

July 26th, 2010, 10:00 am #9

Way to go Zach on finishing the 12ers. I just did my first 12er Saturday Mount Borah and had a blast. Can't wait to go onto the next 12er.

Jacob R.

Mike F.
Mike F.

July 27th, 2010, 11:02 pm #10

Glad to hear you got Idaho in. hopefully I can climb that one myself this weekend then I'll have Leatherman to go

Confirmation of reply: