Untitled

Untitled

March 28th, 2012, 1:32 pm #1

March 28th, 2012, 1:33 pm #2

Close to the handoff to the Publisher!

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 28th, 2012, 1:57 pm #3

Well truth be told, I like bacon too. Welcome to the West. Make sure you get Kevin Hansen to hike ya up the Grand Teton. LOL. Don't believe a word Bob says. Good luck keeping up with Splatski or Wes for that matter.

Steve W
Steve W

March 28th, 2012, 4:57 pm #4

What are you talking about?

pat
pat

March 29th, 2012, 2:07 am #5

Close to the handoff to the Publisher!
Steve, I hope you get your book published and sell many copies. I will buy one. Back in 1979 one of my best climbing partners, Steve Antell, wrote a cookbook. To everyone's amazement it actually was published and until recently you could still find copies of it at REI. Antell(i) was a dirt poor Outward Bound instructor and not one for spending much time in the kitchen. We climbed the NW Face of Half Dome together back in the late 70's eating Big Hunk candy bars and water. Anyway, the book was in print for many, many years. You can still find a copy on Amazon athttp://www.amazon.com/Backpackers-Recip ... 0871085496. The bad news is he never made much money off it. I hope you do well.

Steve W
Steve W

March 29th, 2012, 2:55 pm #6

Thank you Pat. My hope is it will get off the ground and do well and is looking pretty certain at this point. With Steve and even Tom Lopez the day of physical books are showing "end of life" in many circles (not mine, I love books). The new vehicle is electronic books. The good news is the author gets a substantial cut therefore giving them a chance to make a little bit of money.

Having said that, money is NOT my motivation in this body of work.
My original intent was to write a little piece to educate folks on having more fun cooking while car camping and backpacking. Hiking buddies encouraged me to put it in book form.

I started with Scott Marchant (Day Hiking Sun Valley, Stanley etc...). After a year it was apparent that it didnt fit with Scotts mission so I was courted and signed by Smoke Alarm Media. Smoke Alarm just does culinary books. Its been since October 2011 and now we are ready.

I will be announcing the book launch event soon which will be held at Sierra Trading Post. Additionally, I will be also having a private party hosted by Huston Vineyards . That party will be for ALL Idahosummits lurkers, hiking buddies and closest friends. Can I say that many cases of "Chicken Dinner Red" are also my friends? Yes, there will be appetizers, hmmm, I am thinking Big Dan's Spicy Hummus (recipe in he book) will go nicely with the most awesome wine in the world(I am biased).

I will keep you all informed of the dates. Thank you for your support and encouragement, you know who you all are!

In The Wild Chef
In The Wild Chef

August 3rd, 2012, 10:48 pm #7

Wow, that was a lot of days. It's in typsetting as I write this. Looks like the Sierra Trading Post Launch will be the weekend before labor day or the weekend after.

So, I will let you know.

Confirmation of reply: