Training invite

Training invite

February 14th, 2010, 3:04 pm #1

Climbing season isn't far away, so it's time to whip those tired legs into shape.
If you're interested, some of us are going to try to get a jump start by hiking Cervidae's SE ridge on Thursday evenings. And you are invited.

We'll meet at Lucky 13 at 6:30pm and carpool out. Or if you prefer, just go to the parking lot past Spring Shores. We'll try to be on our feet at 7, rain or shine. At least initially, this means headlamps the whole way. And for now, snowshoes are advised for the upper ridge.

This is a low-pressure gig. Hike at your own pace. We will not enforce a "group." So just start hiking when you're ready (early starts are fair game, and if you're late you'll see the others on their way down). You don't have to go the whole way.
On the other hand, you're on your own, so make sure you are equipped.

The point is to provide some motivation to get out, and some camaraderie once there.

February 14th, 2010, 3:08 pm #2

Thats a great Idea, but count me out. I have a night class on thursdays. Let me know if you plan something on another day.

February 14th, 2010, 7:27 pm #3

Hey Nick-
Sorry Thursday doesn't work for you. For a few, Thursday was the only day.
At the same time, I know several people were interested in a different evening- perhaps you should start a second group on an evening that works?
john

crappyclimber
crappyclimber

February 15th, 2010, 6:01 am #4

Climbing season isn't far away, so it's time to whip those tired legs into shape.
If you're interested, some of us are going to try to get a jump start by hiking Cervidae's SE ridge on Thursday evenings. And you are invited.

We'll meet at Lucky 13 at 6:30pm and carpool out. Or if you prefer, just go to the parking lot past Spring Shores. We'll try to be on our feet at 7, rain or shine. At least initially, this means headlamps the whole way. And for now, snowshoes are advised for the upper ridge.

This is a low-pressure gig. Hike at your own pace. We will not enforce a "group." So just start hiking when you're ready (early starts are fair game, and if you're late you'll see the others on their way down). You don't have to go the whole way.

The point is to provide some motivation to get out, and some camaraderie once there.

Is Kitty Litter a mandatory requirement for this outing?....LOL

Sounds like my kind of fun (aka...pain=fun), and a chance to get my fat butt out of the house. I'll try to be there.

February 15th, 2010, 6:08 am #5

That's too bad, I'm booked Thursday eves with lab. (And now Thurs. night will become teenage daughter's favorite night of the week). If someone starts a Mon. or Tues. evening group, let me know. JP

February 16th, 2010, 12:41 am #6

Ive been thinking about how good Cervidae would be after work for the past year or so.

Would anybody mind if I brought my two dogs up for the hike? They are super friendly and love Cervidae almost as much as I do. Ill try to make this weeks if I fight my cold off completely before Thursday.

February 16th, 2010, 2:13 am #7

That's too bad, I'm booked Thursday eves with lab. (And now Thurs. night will become teenage daughter's favorite night of the week). If someone starts a Mon. or Tues. evening group, let me know. JP
So Tuesdays? Nick and Julie....who else?

February 16th, 2010, 2:46 am #8

Fridays anyone?

February 16th, 2010, 3:08 am #9

Yes Fridays might also be good. I am caoching basketball and Thursdays is one of the practice nights.

February 16th, 2010, 3:20 am #10

So Tuesdays? Nick and Julie....who else?
Id also be available for Tuesdays...might mix and match nights each week or make it for both...depends on how long the snow is good at Bogus though

Confirmation of reply: