Public Lands Rally- March 4 in Boise

Public Lands Rally- March 4 in Boise

February 14th, 2017, 2:39 pm #1

I'm not sure who will have access to the FB link below. So here's the scoop:

Saturday, March 4
11am- 2pm
Idaho State Capitol

Public Lands Rally
Come show your support for public lands! Calling all Idahoans who love their public lands, let's rally in support to show our state and federal leaders that public lands belong to everyone.

Idaho's national forests and public lands are treasures that belong to all Idahoans and all Americans. Some Idaho politicians want to ignore that fact. Today, Idaho politicians are making a grab to control and sell off Idaho's most treasured landscapes. Idaho's public lands —Hells Canyon, the Sawtooths, the Frank Church or Selway-Bitterrot Wilderness Areas — are not for sale.

Idahoans do not want to see our public lands auctioned off to the highest bidder. These are YOUR lands. Don't let politicians make a grab for them.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1368950503179115/

Ray Brooks
Ray Brooks

February 14th, 2017, 7:32 pm #2

Unless I'm still in the Southwest.

I have not joined in a group march since Nixon invaded Cambodia.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 25th, 2017, 2:14 am #3

bump

Ray Brooks
Ray Brooks

February 26th, 2017, 1:28 am #4

I'm making a point of being there for the march, with as many friends as I can convince to attend.

Anyone that cares about keeping OUR access to OUR public lands, should be there.

Please speak up?

February 26th, 2017, 4:47 pm #5

Saturday, March 4
11am- 2pm
Idaho State Capitol

Public Lands Rally
Come show your support for public lands! Calling all Idahoans who love their public lands, let's rally in support to show our state and federal leaders that public lands belong to everyone.

Idaho's national forests and public lands are treasures that belong to all Idahoans and all Americans. Some Idaho politicians want to ignore that fact. Today, Idaho politicians are making a grab to control and sell off Idaho's most treasured landscapes. Idaho's public lands —Hells Canyon, the Sawtooths, the Frank Church or Selway-Bitterrot Wilderness Areas — are not for sale.

Idahoans do not want to see our public lands auctioned off to the highest bidder. These are YOUR lands. Don't let politicians make a grab for them.

But maybe not the climbing shoes...

It would be great if a raft company hauled a rig in, kayaks, skiers, llamas??!? And yes, hunters and cattlemen. He's over in Oregon, but my beloved grazed beef would not be possible without grazing on public lands.

The current users need to stick together on this one, lest the whole works be lost.

Helen

John F
John F

February 28th, 2017, 8:35 pm #6

Saturday, March 4
11am- 2pm
Idaho State Capitol

Public Lands Rally

John, any ideas on having a meeting time/place before the rally? I know it's pretty easy for you to plan a meeting in Boise while in McCall, so...

John

February 28th, 2017, 9:23 pm #7

How does this sound: Boise High parking lot @ quarter to 11?

And I think Dan wants us all to wear our IdahoSummits shirts

February 28th, 2017, 9:27 pm #8

Saturday, March 4
11am- 2pm
Idaho State Capitol

Public Lands Rally

Unfortunately, I have a previous commitment out of state and can't be there. I appreciate all of you being down there and representing!

February 28th, 2017, 9:28 pm #9

LOL. Yes, all 4 of you that bought Idahosummits shirts, please wear those!

michael
michael

March 1st, 2017, 3:30 pm #10

next to the track?

Confirmation of reply: