New Year's Eve 2011 **Invite**

New Year's Eve 2011 **Invite**

splattski
splattski

December 13th, 2011, 12:36 pm #1

It's almost that time of year again, folks. You are invited to another group hike of Cervidae on New Year's Eve. Even if you have never been on an Idaho Summits outing, we'd love to have your company. Pace is supposed to be leisurely, and the headlamps make it easy to follow along if your pace is more leisurely than that of someone else.

Last year there were seven hardy souls. Like last year, we will leave the 'trailhead' at 6PM. Round trip usually takes about three hours, give or take, so you will have plenty of time to get cleaned up for your next party of the evening.
At this point, I have no idea of what the conditions might be or what equipment to bring-- although traditionally it has been warm clothes, headlamp, snowshoes, and something to sit on while you enjoy the adult beverage of your choice. Sometimes the Hilltop web cam is helpful in choosing your gear:

Directions:
From I-84, take the Gowen Road/Federal Way exit (on the eastern outskirts of Boise)
Turn onto Gowen Road/Highway 21 (from the east turn Right. from the west, turn Left) and head east
Drop down the hill and cross the Boise River
Drive up past the dam on Lucky Peak Reservoir
Continue up the hill to Hilltop, then down the other side
Cross the high bridge, but slow down as you near the end
Take an immediate right turn (signs say Atlanta, Arrowrock, etc.)
Go past Spring Shores Marina (buildings, parking lot, lights, etc.) and go about 1 more mile.
Pull into the large turnout on the right (with a metal gate across road on the left. This road is the beginning of the route)

December 22nd, 2011, 3:23 pm #2

John, Dylan and I are in.

splattski
splattski

December 23rd, 2011, 1:04 am #3

It's almost that time of year again, folks. You are invited to another group hike of Cervidae on New Year's Eve. Even if you have never been on an Idaho Summits outing, we'd love to have your company. Pace is supposed to be leisurely, and the headlamps make it easy to follow along if your pace is more leisurely than that of someone else.

Last year there were seven hardy souls. Like last year, we will leave the 'trailhead' at 6PM. Round trip usually takes about three hours, give or take, so you will have plenty of time to get cleaned up for your next party of the evening.
At this point, I have no idea of what the conditions might be or what equipment to bring-- although traditionally it has been warm clothes, headlamp, snowshoes, and something to sit on while you enjoy the adult beverage of your choice. Sometimes the Hilltop web cam is helpful in choosing your gear:

Directions:
From I-84, take the Gowen Road/Federal Way exit (on the eastern outskirts of Boise)
Turn onto Gowen Road/Highway 21 (from the east turn Right. from the west, turn Left) and head east
Go past Spring Shores Marina (buildings, parking lot, lights, etc.) and go about 1 more mile.
Pull into the large turnout on the right (with a metal gate across road on the left. This road is the beginning of the route)

and I'm bringing my OLDER brother.

Steve W
Steve W

December 23rd, 2011, 4:51 am #4

In

SummitGirl
SummitGirl

December 23rd, 2011, 6:14 pm #5

Directions:

We are trying to work this...we'd need a place to crash for the night to head back to Poky the next day...

December 26th, 2011, 11:04 pm #6

Margo, we have an open bed (futon) if you need it...

December 27th, 2011, 3:03 am #7

Directions:

Sounds like a great way to conclude 2011 and meet new people. "In" for the first outing with the group.

Bob
Bob

December 27th, 2011, 2:46 pm #8

Directions:

The weather forecast almost looks tropical compared to last year. I can bring a Sierra or two and not worry about it freezing before we reach the summit.

bob

Jake
Jake

December 27th, 2011, 2:56 pm #9

Directions:

Sorry guys and gals does not look like ill make it this year. Post lots of pictures for the rest of us that can't make it.

Jake

December 27th, 2011, 2:57 pm #10

The weather forecast almost looks tropical compared to last year. I can bring a Sierra or two and not worry about it freezing before we reach the summit.

bob
Last year - Temp -2 degrees, wind 10-15 mph. This year it may not get below freezing.

Confirmation of reply: