More 2018 TRs

More 2018 TRs

February 3rd, 2018, 2:47 am #1

Let's see what you've been up to.
Those of us sitting at our desks slaving for the almighty dollar need some inspiration!

February 3rd, 2018, 2:48 am #2

I called this Teapot Mountain, but the old lookout here was referred to as Teapot Dome

http://www.splattski.com/2018/teapot/index.html

February 3rd, 2018, 2:49 am #3

Those of us sitting at our desks slaving for the almighty dollar need some inspiration!
It's way late for our first turns on Jug

http://www.splattski.com/2018/jug/index.html

February 3rd, 2018, 4:29 pm #4

Re: Ski Shots?
Last edited by reboyles on February 3rd, 2018, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 3rd, 2018, 4:36 pm #5

Not many this year so we've been taking advantage of the "spring" conditions here in the valley. The desert and foothills have been mostly dry this year allowing for a very early hiking season. Last year at this time I was chopping ice dams off of roofs.

Blacks Creek hike

Guffey Bridge

Nothing like a hot dip after a hike. Givens Hot Springs

Surprisingly, Table Rock is dry this winter

Highland Valley trail

Bonneville Point

104 degrees and jets! See a theme here?

Bob

February 5th, 2018, 12:33 am #6

I checked out the Bruneau Canyon area today. I went to the overlook area and then drove to the Roberson East TH. The canyon is in great condition and the roads were nice and dry. It is a very short hike, but it's a nice area that is worth checking out.

Last edited by Scott_24 on February 6th, 2018, 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 5th, 2018, 12:43 am #7

I was up in the Ketchum area on Saturday, snowshoeing the Parker Gulch trail. I did not make it too far up the gulch, only to about 7400 feet. I was just out enjoying the day rather than trying to reach an objective. The south facing slopes had almost no snow on them once you got off the trail and the north facing slopes had wind blown snow that was probably about 1 foot deep.

February 5th, 2018, 12:52 am #8

I have mostly been skiing at the resorts this year, so I don't have too much to report, but here are a few more pictures from a snowshoe in the South Hills (Sawtooth NF south of Twin Falls). This was from January 13th. On this trip, I parked at the Diamondfield Jack parking area and followed Goose Creek into the Bear Hollow area.

February 5th, 2018, 1:02 pm #9

I checked out the Bruneau Canyon area today. I went to the overlook area and then drove to the Roberson East TH. The canyon is in great condition and the roads were nice and dry. It is a very short hike, but it's a nice area that is worth checking out.

Scott-

Thanks for posting.
But your google photos are not appearing. And I really want to see them.

February 5th, 2018, 1:27 pm #10

Oh no, they appear fine on my screen. Does anyone have any suggestions? I used google photos, copied the photo address, then I added the ?.jpg to the end of the link. Finally I took the "s" off of the https. Is there anything else I need to do? I did this in Chrome. I will take a look after work and try to fix it later, sorry about that.

Confirmation of reply: