Moonlight to Cervidae New Years Eve Hike - 9th Annual

In the Wild Chef
In the Wild Chef

December 17th, 2017, 7:10 pm #1

New Year’s Eve Cervidae Hike **This is not an organized outing**

You are invited to the 9th annual group hike of Cervidae (Peak 4987) on New Year's Eve. Everybody is welcome! Pace is "Gazelle like" to "Turtle slow" (something for everybody) and the headlamps make it easy to follow along if your pace is more leisurely than that of someone else.

The Landowner (Idaho Fish and Game) has asked that we be mindful of the animals and leave no trace

We leave the "trailhead" at 6PM. Round trip usually takes about three hours, give or take, so you will have plenty of time to get cleaned up for your next party of the evening.

As in years past, we have no idea of what the conditions might be or what equipment to bring, although traditionally it has been warm clothes, headlamp, snowshoes, and something to sit on while you enjoy the adult beverage of your choice.
Sometimes the Hilltop web cam is helpful in choosing your geahttp://lb.511.idaho.gov/idlb/cameras/camera.jsf?id=6

Steve (Delta, Wild Chef, Wild Child…)

Directions:
From I-84, take the Gowen Road/Federal Way exit (on the eastern outskirts of Boise)
Turn onto Gowen Road/Highway 21 (from the east turn Right. from the west, turn Left) and head east
Drop down the hill and cross the Boise River
Drive up past the dam on Lucky Peak Reservoir
Continue up the hill to Hilltop, then down the other side
Cross the high bridge, but slow down as you near the end
Take an immediate right turn (signs say Atlanta, Arrowrock, etc.)
Go past Spring Shores Marina (buildings, parking lot, lights, etc.) and go about 1 more mile.
Pull into the large turnout on the right (with a metal gate across road on the left. This road is the
beginning of the route)

December 17th, 2017, 9:43 pm #2

Planning on it.

Thanks for this, Mr. Wild Child.

zdv
zdv

December 18th, 2017, 12:00 am #3

You are invited to the 9th annual group hike of Cervidae (Peak 4987) on New Year's Eve. Everybody is welcome! Pace is "Gazelle like" to "Turtle slow" (something for everybody) and the headlamps make it easy to follow along if your pace is more leisurely than that of someone else.

The Landowner (Idaho Fish and Game) has asked that we be mindful of the animals and leave no trace

We leave the "trailhead" at 6PM. Round trip usually takes about three hours, give or take, so you will have plenty of time to get cleaned up for your next party of the evening.

As in years past, we have no idea of what the conditions might be or what equipment to bring, although traditionally it has been warm clothes, headlamp, snowshoes, and something to sit on while you enjoy the adult beverage of your choice.
Sometimes the Hilltop web cam is helpful in choosing your geahttp://lb.511.idaho.gov/idlb/cameras/camera.jsf?id=6

Directions:
From I-84, take the Gowen Road/Federal Way exit (on the eastern outskirts of Boise)
Turn onto Gowen Road/Highway 21 (from the east turn Right. from the west, turn Left) and head east
Go past Spring Shores Marina (buildings, parking lot, lights, etc.) and go about 1 more mile.
Pull into the large turnout on the right (with a metal gate across road on the left. This road is the
beginning of the route)
I'll be there too! Unless the weather ends up looking really bad

Russ D.
Russ D.

December 18th, 2017, 4:43 pm #4

Directions:
beginning of the route)
I will be thinking of you guys!

December 21st, 2017, 2:55 am #5

Directions:
beginning of the route)
You don't want to miss this:

It's a party

People overdress for these things

Your doctor recommends

Wild Chef
Wild Chef

December 29th, 2017, 5:20 am #6

Bump

December 29th, 2017, 4:12 pm #7

Directions:
beginning of the route)
Planning on starting at 4 because I like to see the sunset from the top. See y'all out there!

SummitGirl
SummitGirl

December 29th, 2017, 5:49 pm #8

Directions:
beginning of the route)
Having made plans to do this for at least a month, we won't be attending cuz apparently I was naughty and Santa brought me a bad cold for Christmas. We'll miss ringing in the new year with our favorite folks... Margo & Steve

John F
John F

December 30th, 2017, 6:04 pm #9

Planning on starting at 4 because I like to see the sunset from the top. See y'all out there!
I agree with Tom on starting earlier. What do you say Steve?

John

December 30th, 2017, 6:36 pm #10

Planning on it.

Thanks for this, Mr. Wild Child.
I've had the flu all week.
I don't think you want me anywhere near you.

Confirmation of reply: