LR Routes

LR Routes

Bob
Bob

August 14th, 2012, 2:51 pm #1

Here are updated photos of the 4 Lost River routes that have been put up over the past two seasons.

The East Face of Borah
Dirty Traverse (red), Direct (blue), East Face Variation (yellow)

Sacajawea (Direct)

Bob

Dan
Dan

August 14th, 2012, 3:54 pm #2

What's the yellow line (East Face variation) rated?

Bob
Bob

August 14th, 2012, 4:52 pm #3

It's a Grade III 5.6 WI2. There's one pitch with a 5.6 crux that comes early in the climb and the rest is 4th to low 5th class climbing on pretty good rock. The short WI2 section is on the start of the Northeast Ridge. The snow pitches are steep (maybe 60 degrees) but were solid. It's one of the funnest mixed climbs I've done anywhere.

Bob

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 14th, 2012, 10:22 pm #4

Here are updated photos of the 4 Lost River routes that have been put up over the past two seasons.

The East Face of Borah
Dirty Traverse (red), Direct (blue), East Face Variation (yellow)

Sacajawea (Direct)

Bob
What other new routes are out there in the range?

Bob
Bob

August 15th, 2012, 2:29 am #5

There are some gems if a person wants to go find them and climb them.

Bob

Dan
Dan

August 15th, 2012, 4:41 pm #6

It's a Grade III 5.6 WI2. There's one pitch with a 5.6 crux that comes early in the climb and the rest is 4th to low 5th class climbing on pretty good rock. The short WI2 section is on the start of the Northeast Ridge. The snow pitches are steep (maybe 60 degrees) but were solid. It's one of the funnest mixed climbs I've done anywhere.

Bob
Thanks

Bob
Bob

August 15th, 2012, 5:05 pm #7

What other new routes are out there in the range?
Here are a couple of photos of some new lines that we're looking at. I can only tell you that they're in the Lost River range

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 15th, 2012, 5:53 pm #8

Ahh, Grasshopper, you have come seeking knowledge. Study this map carefully for its secrets.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safa ... a=N&tab=wl

Bob
Bob

August 15th, 2012, 8:25 pm #9

Thanks
I'm sure Wes and Kevin will agree, the face gets interesting right at the "rand". I lucked out and found a narrow spot where I could straddle the top and then chimney between the rock and snow to a get on a ledge where we changed gear and set the first belay. It was at least 40' deep on both my left and right and if you drop any gear it's gone for good. It looks like a Rainier crevasse with solid ice at the bottom.

Bob

Andrew
Andrew

August 22nd, 2012, 8:30 pm #10

Bob
Would it be absurd to do the yellow route solo without a belay or would it just be scary?

Confirmation of reply: