ignore the bump....

ignore the bump....

SummitGirl
SummitGirl

January 15th, 2012, 3:48 pm #1

I have this great Pano (below) that Brendon made me from my shots on Picasa (conversation was in the al west post). The resolution isn't high enough to actually print a larger, framable version. However, the photos that made up the pana were taken at a high enough resolution to make a pano that can be printed...If Brendon's still around (?) can you help me, or if anyone else has suggestions...that would be great. thx in advance.

http://www.summitpost.org/al-west-looki ... 6/c-253452

I didn't intend to bump the al west post...if someone with master powers can/wants to do something about that.

sorry
not a computer geek
just a wannabe

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 15th, 2012, 6:41 pm #2

We love your "blondness".

Bob
Bob

January 16th, 2012, 12:46 pm #3

I have this great Pano (below) that Brendon made me from my shots on Picasa (conversation was in the al west post). The resolution isn't high enough to actually print a larger, framable version. However, the photos that made up the pana were taken at a high enough resolution to make a pano that can be printed...If Brendon's still around (?) can you help me, or if anyone else has suggestions...that would be great. thx in advance.

http://www.summitpost.org/al-west-looki ... 6/c-253452

I didn't intend to bump the al west post...if someone with master powers can/wants to do something about that.

sorry
not a computer geek
just a wannabe
We can do just about anything digital here at my place (slideshows, Photoshop, Flash, etc.) so if you want to email me the originals I'll stitch them together for you again. I can print up to 13 x 19 as well.

Bob

January 18th, 2012, 1:43 am #4

We love your "blondness".
I am sooooooooo not blonde...i pay for that to cover the gray....which use to be red...as such, i am still capable of turning on the redhead switch and kicking someone's ***...if i don't forget first, which is a side effect of blonde hair dye. I am soooooooooo not blonde...i pay for that to cover the gray....

January 18th, 2012, 1:46 am #5

We can do just about anything digital here at my place (slideshows, Photoshop, Flash, etc.) so if you want to email me the originals I'll stitch them together for you again. I can print up to 13 x 19 as well.

Bob
Geo restiched my pano for me and made it a higher resolution. Amazing what beer will buy. I sent it to Kris out of curiosity to see what would happen if he played around in HDR. Haven't seen anything yet...and it looks pretty cool as it is already, i think. I am kicking around a large poster size. Where is your shop?

Bob
Bob

January 18th, 2012, 12:37 pm #6

I do all of my work from home unless I'm installing hardware in someone's business or home. My partner, Don and I do tech support for a number of small businesses here in the valley and there's not much we won't do as long as it's legal. We do a lot of notebook hard drive replacements, virus removal and new system setups. Both of us spent over 15 years in the product support business and we couldn't get away from it if we wanted. Once you've done tech support and your friends know what you did for a living there's no getting away from it. We're also a test site for HP color printers so I now have a nice collection of color printers to work with.

My dad had a darkroom in our home and did B&W developing so I learned photography at an early age. At HP, I worked in a photo lab and was trained and certified by DuPont in the processing of silver halide films that we used to produce micro-circuitry. We started with manual cameras and switched to digital in the late 80s long before anyone knew what a digital photo was. I took care of 2 laser imaging systems that cost a quarter million each. Later, I supported the Scanjet products, color printers and digital cameras as the color standards developed (CGA, EGA, VGA, SVGA, HD, etc).

SummitGirl
SummitGirl

January 18th, 2012, 11:47 pm #7

how do i contact you via email to talk about this more? thx

Bob
Bob

January 19th, 2012, 12:03 pm #8

Email - reboyles@q.com

Phone - 343-0879

Don has a large format printer/plotter that can print up to "D" (22" x 34") or "E" (34" x 44" size if needed. It's an ink sucker but the results are stunning on the right paper.

Bob

Confirmation of reply: