Idahosummits 2005 Fall Outing

Idahosummits 2005 Fall Outing

Dan
Dan

September 7th, 2005, 6:02 pm #1

The second Idahosummits fall outing will be Saturday, September 17th. We will be attempting Devil's Bedstead East in the Pioneer mountains. DBE is a tough hike of 9 miles with over 5000' of elevation gain. Climbing is steep and on class 3 terrain. If you have a helmet, bring it in case we get in terrain where individuals climbing above you might initiate rockfall.

We will start the climb from the Boulder Creek trailhead at 7am on the 17th. You can meet the group at the trailhead or show up at the Wildhorse campground the night before (I plan on being at the campground in the early evening). The Wildhorse campground is within a mile of the trailhead. Each pre-outing camping event has been fun in the past, so try to plan for that if you can make it.

I've noticed a lot of new names on the board recently. If you are new to the board, please attend so we can put a face to your name.

There is a small fire in Wildhorse Canyon right now. If that fire is still burning at the time of the outing and our presence may interfere with fire fighting efforts; or if the area is extremely smoky, this hike will be moved somewhere else (probably to a peak in the Lost Rivers). That decision will be made within a few days of the outing.

brendon
brendon

September 7th, 2005, 10:54 pm #2

I'm still pending, depending on my schedule and someone to carpool with.

Mike F.
Mike F.

September 8th, 2005, 8:47 pm #3

but I'll be stuck in boise for job related stuff and some sport climbing.Oh well to all else have fun.

deanlords
deanlords

September 8th, 2005, 9:23 pm #4

I'm out for that weekend. Wish i could go.....i need the exercise, serious..

September 9th, 2005, 3:32 am #5

The second Idahosummits fall outing will be Saturday, September 17th. We will be attempting Devil's Bedstead East in the Pioneer mountains. DBE is a tough hike of 9 miles with over 5000' of elevation gain. Climbing is steep and on class 3 terrain. If you have a helmet, bring it in case we get in terrain where individuals climbing above you might initiate rockfall.

We will start the climb from the Boulder Creek trailhead at 7am on the 17th. You can meet the group at the trailhead or show up at the Wildhorse campground the night before (I plan on being at the campground in the early evening). The Wildhorse campground is within a mile of the trailhead. Each pre-outing camping event has been fun in the past, so try to plan for that if you can make it.

I've noticed a lot of new names on the board recently. If you are new to the board, please attend so we can put a face to your name.

There is a small fire in Wildhorse Canyon right now. If that fire is still burning at the time of the outing and our presence may interfere with fire fighting efforts; or if the area is extremely smoky, this hike will be moved somewhere else (probably to a peak in the Lost Rivers). That decision will be made within a few days of the outing.
Dan...
Most likely I will be able to make it but I wont know until about four or five days prior. I hope I can, I've been saving DBE the whole summer for this trip!
Sean

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 12th, 2005, 3:51 pm #6

Perfect weather predicted this weekend and we have 1 for sure and 2 maybes for the fall outing. What gives?!?!

brendon
brendon

September 12th, 2005, 4:13 pm #7

I'm assuming the Pocatello Pump is taking a few from my side of the state.

I'm in, though. If anyone in the IF area wants to hook up for a carpool email me.

Dan
Dan

September 12th, 2005, 4:36 pm #8

Perfect weather predicted this weekend and we have 1 for sure and 2 maybes for the fall outing. What gives?!?!
I think 4WheelinBronco and his wife will be there. As of last week, Kevin D. was scheduled to ride over with me.

Summit Dawg
Summit Dawg

September 12th, 2005, 8:58 pm #9

If it seems like I've dropped off the end of the earth lately, I did... I just got back from China and Inner Mongolia. Can't shake the jet lag.

I'm planning on the fall outing. Brendon, do you want to car pool? Call me and we can make arrangements.

Summit Dawg

4WheelinBronco
4WheelinBronco

September 12th, 2005, 10:06 pm #10

I think 4WheelinBronco and his wife will be there. As of last week, Kevin D. was scheduled to ride over with me.
The knee is good for long hikes, still doesn't do well going uphill.

We'll probably be doing something with less gain for now. Maybe by the spring climb.

Brian

Confirmation of reply: