I would like to try a Lost River/ Breitenbach Double

I would like to try a Lost River/ Breitenbach Double

July 18th, 2012, 12:21 am #1

After reading a trip report from Matt Darrington who did it. I think it would be a great challenge.
Also, would like to do church, donaldson and Leatherman in a day.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 18th, 2012, 2:41 am #2

Then do it! Lots of people talk about this but I'd rather see the trip report!

July 19th, 2012, 3:40 pm #3

After reading a trip report from Matt Darrington who did it. I think it would be a great challenge.
I think a rope might be needed in some sections of the traverse. Also, be advised there is absolutely no snow in the super gully right now.

dave b
dave b

July 19th, 2012, 4:33 pm #4

This section of the traverse is one of the hardest link-ups in the LRR. A rope won't help but there are sections where you have to do some exposed scrambling and route finding.

stephen
stephen

July 23rd, 2012, 5:21 am #5

I am hoping to do all of them in a two to three day period so we could do the three you mentioned in a day that would be great I am going to start on the fourth of August if interested

July 23rd, 2012, 1:03 pm #6

I think a rope might be needed in some sections of the traverse. Also, be advised there is absolutely no snow in the super gully right now.
I am planning on dropping down to 10.500ish and drop into the Breit... approach.

July 23rd, 2012, 1:08 pm #7

I am hoping to do all of them in a two to three day period so we could do the three you mentioned in a day that would be great I am going to start on the fourth of August if interested
If you can be some what specific on routes. I will see what I can do to come along for some of it and help out.

July 24th, 2012, 8:18 pm #8

If you guys come up with a plan/route for any of the above mentioned climbs, I would be game. I will be hanging around in the LRR on August 4-5, and again on August 11-12, so keep me in the loop.

I'm coming from Pocatello however, so I'm not much help car pooling if your from Boise.

Here's my e-mail: blakeroemer@gmail.com

July 25th, 2012, 3:07 am #9

Aug. 3rd: Meet at Mackay, Pizza Rest. in the evening.
Camp at the Mackay camp ground, get up early, start up Lost River, summit, return down and drop down into the valley approach up to Breit..., return down that drainage. We will need to drop a car at that drainage.

What do you think?

doug

doug
doug

July 26th, 2012, 10:03 pm #10

Reup last message.

Confirmation of reply: