Flowers

Flowers

August 1st, 2012, 1:22 am #1

Figured there should be a flower thread given that it's now peak of the season. So post up any you've got.

It's been another good season due to a coolish spring followed by the summer heat. A banner mosquito season for the same reason, I guess.

The following were taken over the past couple of weeks in the Sawtooths, including a 4 day solo trip in the Queens River area when I didn't see anyone else and no sign of people when traveling off trail for 3 days other than one boot print and an old fire ring. That's some beautiful, remote country.

August 6th, 2012, 7:42 pm #2

No takers on flower pics? Everyone's too busy looking at the peaks, I guess.

How about some pics of icebergs on Idaho lakes instead? Good time of year for those also.

Here are some I took this past weekend:

Dan
Dan

August 6th, 2012, 8:04 pm #3

Figured there should be a flower thread given that it's now peak of the season. So post up any you've got.

It's been another good season due to a coolish spring followed by the summer heat. A banner mosquito season for the same reason, I guess.

The following were taken over the past couple of weeks in the Sawtooths, including a 4 day solo trip in the Queens River area when I didn't see anyone else and no sign of people when traveling off trail for 3 days other than one boot print and an old fire ring. That's some beautiful, remote country.

I enjoyed the flower photos, just didn't comment. Those iceberg photos are superb as well!

splattski
splattski

August 6th, 2012, 8:55 pm #4

No takers on flower pics? Everyone's too busy looking at the peaks, I guess.

How about some pics of icebergs on Idaho lakes instead? Good time of year for those also.

Here are some I took this past weekend:

Beautiful!

August 6th, 2012, 9:25 pm #5

Those are great! I'm jealous of your trip. I sadly do not have any good flower pics from this year (yet) but I do have this from about this time last year:

August 6th, 2012, 10:10 pm #6

Here are a few from Peru:

... a few from around town in Boise a couple months ago:

. . . a couple from the east side of the lost rivers during my trip up Mt Idaho last summer:

. . . and a few from my trip to Vietnam a couple years ago:

Confirmation of reply: