Finished the 12ers today!

Finished the 12ers today!

August 8th, 2010, 5:01 am #1

Mike F., Rob R., and I climbed Leatherman Peak toady. It was my 9th 12er and by far my favorite. It was also quite an adventure dodging thunderstorms and navigating the atrocious and muddy road into the West Fork Pahsimeroi. What an amazing area! It is now one of my very favorite places in all of Idaho and I would actually consider driving that road again to get back there. It feels good to finally have the 12ers done!

August 8th, 2010, 5:06 am #2

Congrats, Matt.
What's next?

August 8th, 2010, 5:16 am #3

Thanks! Well now I feel free to explore some places I've never been to. High on my list are Castle Peak, Thompson, Kent and Ryan, and Smoky Dome. I'd also love to do more in the Pioneers and Lick Creek Range close to where we went in May. Really I'm good with just about anything! I think I'll take a break from the LRR for a while.

mlsl
mlsl

August 8th, 2010, 2:54 pm #4

awesome accomplishment!!

zdv

August 8th, 2010, 6:26 pm #5

Mike F., Rob R., and I climbed Leatherman Peak toady. It was my 9th 12er and by far my favorite. It was also quite an adventure dodging thunderstorms and navigating the atrocious and muddy road into the West Fork Pahsimeroi. What an amazing area! It is now one of my very favorite places in all of Idaho and I would actually consider driving that road again to get back there. It feels good to finally have the 12ers done!
Great job Matt! Glad you had such a great time on Leatherman - I'm blown away by the upper Pahsimeroi area every time I go up there!

August 8th, 2010, 7:59 pm #6

It is now my favorite place I've been to in Idaho. Absolutely spectacular!

Rob R
Rob R

August 9th, 2010, 3:47 am #7

Great job Matt! Glad you had such a great time on Leatherman - I'm blown away by the upper Pahsimeroi area every time I go up there!
As Matt said, it really was unbelievable back there. There were plenty of meadows, streams, and the ever-looming peaks. I was surprised how much different the Pahsimeroi side was from the Lost River valley side. It was so green, and the gradual rise in the first two miles of the trail really made for a pleasant hike. Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't done that side (if you have the vehicle to get there of course!).

I still can't forget how great White Cap looked on the right side of Leatherman Pass. The snow packed inside the crevices, the sun glistening off the crux, and the white clouds scattered just above. Couldn't have been better.

August 9th, 2010, 4:02 pm #8

August 9th, 2010, 4:17 pm #9

They were pretty awful near the water but other than that they weren't too bad.

Dan
Dan

August 9th, 2010, 5:08 pm #10

Got you added to the list Matt, congrats! Also added were Dr. Michael and Zach.
http://idahosummits.com/over12/over12.htm

Confirmation of reply: