Final "Official" Spring Thread Outing

Final "Official" Spring Thread Outing

Dan
Dan

April 9th, 2010, 7:51 pm #1

The outing will be on April 17th. We will be climbing Little Sister in the Lemhis. We will camp somewhere near Mud Springs. If we don't make it all the way to the springs, we will communicate our location to you others. I plan on being there around 5pm on Friday the 16th.

Now we have to hope for good weather!

mlsl
mlsl

April 9th, 2010, 8:21 pm #2

I commute to IF and back a few times next week and when it is clear i have really good views of the lems, eastern boulders/lost rivers, etc. ....will take photos if that will help. of course others on this side will be watching too....fingers crossed...will be fun. ml

Rob W
Rob W

April 9th, 2010, 10:26 pm #3

The outing will be on April 17th. We will be climbing Little Sister in the Lemhis. We will camp somewhere near Mud Springs. If we don't make it all the way to the springs, we will communicate our location to you others. I plan on being there around 5pm on Friday the 16th.

Dan, are you still thinking early start time?? 7am?

Based on Topo, crampons/ice axe or can we get by with snowshoes/poles??

If we do come on Friday, and Steve is cooking, can we pitch in some $$ to help with the evening meal??

April 10th, 2010, 12:36 am #4

Food costs will be about $5-6 per person, I hadnt planned on aksing anyone to pay but contributions towards the costs are most welcome.

April 11th, 2010, 11:40 pm #5

Will we need to bring snowshoes?

April 12th, 2010, 12:10 am #6

Dan, are you still thinking early start time?? 7am?

Based on Topo, crampons/ice axe or can we get by with snowshoes/poles??

If we do come on Friday, and Steve is cooking, can we pitch in some $$ to help with the evening meal??
C'mon guys. This time of year, wouldn't you expect to be on snow at 10,000'? Dan can't tell us if the snow is going to be soft or hard, so if you want to get to the top, prepare accordingly.
In other words, I'm taking both snowshoes AND crampons. If I don't need one or the other, the extra effort to carry the 3 pounds is still well spent.

If it helps, here's a TR from Johnstone Peak this past Saturday:
http://www.splattski.com/2010/johnstone/index.html

And for reference, the Willow Creek cam is at 7200'.

Gumby
Gumby

April 12th, 2010, 1:15 am #7

Will we need boots, jackets or water? Will Steve be cooking at the summit?

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 12th, 2010, 1:20 am #8

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

and a link for you Commodore 64 users:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1el59ig9AK8

mlsl
mlsl

April 12th, 2010, 1:50 am #9

In all the threading, i have lost tab on the directions i think someone posted to travel from e idaho. can you repost on the Official thread? i am thinking i need to bring them. I think that is all i need.

April 12th, 2010, 2:37 am #10

I have one more question that is not as dumb as I realized my last question about snowshoes was. Has it been decided what time we'll be getting underway in the morning? I'll be getting there very late so I want to make sure I'm up on time or if I decide to leave early in the morning I'll know what time to be there by. Thanks!

Confirmation of reply: