Devils Bedstead West Satuday

Devils Bedstead West Satuday

July 14th, 2011, 11:17 pm #1

Heading over to climb DBW for the weekend. If anyone from the Boise area wants to join in shoot me a email. I have Friday off so I can head over anytime tomorrow. email is nickakarl@gmail.com

July 14th, 2011, 11:18 pm #2

fat fingers

Nick
Nick

July 17th, 2011, 5:30 am #3

Heading over to climb DBW for the weekend. If anyone from the Boise area wants to join in shoot me a email. I have Friday off so I can head over anytime tomorrow. email is nickakarl@gmail.com
Mike and I had a great day on DBW today. We were able to get in some good views before the thunder heads rolled in. There was no summit registry on top, not sure if there has been one in the past. This was a great route, just a lot of miles. We did the Summit Creek approach, we thought about doing the Kane Creek approach but neither of us wanted to drive our rigs down the road. Here is the facebook link for some of the pictures if your interested: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 078c059364

Sean h
Sean h

July 17th, 2011, 3:00 pm #4

Nicely done Nick. Beautiful photos. Just a side note: if you found the last few feet of DBW gnarly, I'd climb DBE, Cobb, and Old Hyndman before going after Goat.

Happy trails!

July 17th, 2011, 3:57 pm #5

Mike and I had a great day on DBW today. We were able to get in some good views before the thunder heads rolled in. There was no summit registry on top, not sure if there has been one in the past. This was a great route, just a lot of miles. We did the Summit Creek approach, we thought about doing the Kane Creek approach but neither of us wanted to drive our rigs down the road. Here is the facebook link for some of the pictures if your interested: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 078c059364
Nice trip and pics, Nick! The Kane creek approach isn't that bad. When we skied DBE last month, Bob and I took my 94' Subaru all the way to the two creek crossings. After that, it's only a little ways to the actual TH. Excellent camping spot at the creek crossing, too! We weren't camping, but the potential for heading over Friday and getting an early start is definitely there! But since the Kane approach probably would only be a about 3/4 of a mile shorter... Not much of a savings on milage! If you do DBE, I would definitely use Kane. The climb was totally straightforward and the creek crossings were bridged.

Nick
Nick

July 17th, 2011, 5:16 pm #6

Nicely done Nick. Beautiful photos. Just a side note: if you found the last few feet of DBW gnarly, I'd climb DBE, Cobb, and Old Hyndman before going after Goat.

Happy trails!
Ya, I have already done Old Hyndman and Cobb...both exciting and exhausting climbs. Hopefully I can get over to DBE in the next few weeks, but I'm going to save Goat for last thats for sure!

Nick
Nick

July 17th, 2011, 5:18 pm #7

Nice trip and pics, Nick! The Kane creek approach isn't that bad. When we skied DBE last month, Bob and I took my 94' Subaru all the way to the two creek crossings. After that, it's only a little ways to the actual TH. Excellent camping spot at the creek crossing, too! We weren't camping, but the potential for heading over Friday and getting an early start is definitely there! But since the Kane approach probably would only be a about 3/4 of a mile shorter... Not much of a savings on milage! If you do DBE, I would definitely use Kane. The climb was totally straightforward and the creek crossings were bridged.
I wondered how many people used this direct route up DBE. I think I may try if from there. Thanks for the advice.

July 18th, 2011, 7:28 pm #8

Awesome scenery! I wish I could join...

Confirmation of reply: