D.O. Lee and WCP-9 pictures

D.O. Lee and WCP-9 pictures

August 22nd, 2009, 10:30 pm #1

Last weekend two friends and I went to Walker Lake in the Big Boulder Lakes. It was VERY cold there (Stanley had a low of 25 degrees that weekend, and we camped at 9,200 feet). We bagged D.O. Lee Peak and WCP-9 while there. Here are the pictures.
This is Walker Lake near our camp. D.O. Lee is looming over the background.

This is the view from the summit of WCP-9. The lakes in CCW order from bottom left are: Slide, Sheep, Walker, Cove, Sapphire, Cirque.

This is on the way up to the summit of D.O. Lee.

This is the WCP-9 summit team including Shelia, the dog.

Sorry if these pictures turned out small. I'm not sure how to make them bigger? Thanks for helping me with directions there John, Dave and Dan.

August 22nd, 2009, 11:07 pm #2

Bigger? Like this? Ass kicking photo btw.......wOw!

August 23rd, 2009, 1:11 am #3

Last weekend two friends and I went to Walker Lake in the Big Boulder Lakes. It was VERY cold there (Stanley had a low of 25 degrees that weekend, and we camped at 9,200 feet). We bagged D.O. Lee Peak and WCP-9 while there. Here are the pictures.

This is the view from the summit of WCP-9. The lakes in CCW order from bottom left are: Slide, Sheep, Walker, Cove, Sapphire, Cirque.

Sorry if these pictures turned out small. I'm not sure how to make them bigger? Thanks for helping me with directions there John, Dave and Dan.
Last Sunday-Monday, Super Dave and I were in Bighorn Basin taking pictures of DO Lee and WCP-9. Now I'll have to look really carefully to see if you were in any of them.
TR:
http://www.splattski.com/2009/wcp_tour/index.html

Which days were you there? Michael did Caulkens, WCP-9, and D.O.Lee on Monday from the Bighorn Basin side and saw some climbers...

August 23rd, 2009, 4:04 am #4

Was a busy weekend in the WC's!

I had a casual weekend of camping and fishing in the Born Lakes and 4 Lakes Basin. My first time ot the WC's. I'm impressed.

Some pics.
Into Ants Basin:

Serrate Ridge above Quiet Lk.:

Castle Pk. across 4 Lakes Basin:

Reflections on Born Lk.:

Lonesome Lk. and Castle Pk. from Lonesome Pk.:

Boulder Chain Lakes from Lonesome Pk.:

August 23rd, 2009, 12:55 pm #5

Last Sunday-Monday, Super Dave and I were in Bighorn Basin taking pictures of DO Lee and WCP-9. Now I'll have to look really carefully to see if you were in any of them.
TR:

Which days were you there? Michael did Caulkens, WCP-9, and D.O.Lee on Monday from the Bighorn Basin side and saw some climbers...
We arrived at Walker Lake late Friday night. From about 2pm until 6pm (Saturday the 15th) we were busy bagging WCP-9 and D.O. Lee. Those really are amazing peaks. That exposed ridge that connects them is especially exciting to climb on.

August 23rd, 2009, 12:58 pm #6

Thanks! How did you get it like that? You should do it to my second photo that has all of the lakes. That is probably the best I took during the whole trip.

August 23rd, 2009, 1:01 pm #7

Was a busy weekend in the WC's!

I had a casual weekend of camping and fishing in the Born Lakes and 4 Lakes Basin. My first time ot the WC's. I'm impressed.

Some pics.
Into Ants Basin:

Serrate Ridge above Quiet Lk.:

Castle Pk. across 4 Lakes Basin:

Reflections on Born Lk.:

Lonesome Lk. and Castle Pk. from Lonesome Pk.:

Boulder Chain Lakes from Lonesome Pk.:
Nice job with those photos! The one that shows Castle Peak across Four Lakes Basin may be one of the top (if not the best) I've ever seen of Castle. It looks like you used a polarizer for those pictures?

pat
pat

August 23rd, 2009, 3:11 pm #8

TR:

Who would have thought that WCP-5 was such a great looking peak? It is definitely going on the "to do" list. Thanks for posting.

August 23rd, 2009, 4:32 pm #9

Thanks! How did you get it like that? You should do it to my second photo that has all of the lakes. That is probably the best I took during the whole trip.
[

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 23rd, 2009, 5:54 pm #10

Still don't know how you made those photos so big! how bout it??

Confirmation of reply: