Conner Creek Beta?

Conner Creek Beta?

May 22nd, 2012, 3:45 am #1

As you drive over the Conner Creek Summit from Albion to Elba on you way to the City of Rocks, Off to the East you'll see a 'Devils Tower' type rock formation with single pitch, classic Basalt Columnar joint sets. I've seen a pic in Climbing Magzine a long time ago, but I've never heard of any beta. Anyone know of any beta? Route names, guide books info?
I'd like to go climbing this weekend, but I know the City will be a Zoo. Nothing like waiting in line to climb a route. I think I'll head up to this area. Never been there before.
Kevin

May 22nd, 2012, 4:13 am #2

Mark Weber's guidebook "Basalt Climbs of S. Central Idaho" has a section for Connor Columns with 20-25 routes. It used to be at Elevation Sports in Twin. Dean Lords also has beta. I've been there once about 25 years ago, but we just had a picnic!

Deanlords
Deanlords

May 22nd, 2012, 5:15 am #3

Hey Kev. Give me a call and i can hook you up. Also, Dave Bingham has a cool new guidebook due out in a few weeks. My guess is he will have it in there! There are some photos on my blog page from a few years ago and some photos and beta in last January's Rock and Ice magazine.
Dean

deanlords
deanlords

May 22nd, 2012, 2:10 pm #4

May 22nd, 2012, 4:26 pm #5

I've never walkled up there myself. Those pix look great. They look like a great place to run laps on some cracks. Thanks for the link.
Kevin

May 22nd, 2012, 4:45 pm #6

Hey Dean, any anchors been installed other than the 2 or 3 that are there? I wonder if it would be worth taking a drill to put some in. Be a nice change from my overhanging choss project!
Ralph

Confirmation of reply: