Church/Donaldson

Church/Donaldson

July 18th, 2010, 4:05 am #1

Anyone have any pointers for these two peaks? I'm a bit concerned about being able to find the route from the pond to the connecting ridge between the two.

Mike F.
Mike F.

July 18th, 2010, 3:04 pm #2

Matt, if you look at the picture in Toms Book then get up to the pond you will see the route. it is mostly marked out from use and pretty obvious to follow. hope that helps.

RDC
RDC

July 19th, 2010, 5:09 pm #3

Several of us (3) climbed it two weeks ago. the snow routes were still solid, and we each took a different route to the saddle. I know it's been warm, but you should still be able to find some decent routes.

July 19th, 2010, 6:05 pm #4

I'm actually hoping to hit as little snow as possible. On Lost River this past Saturday there was very little left.

RDC
RDC

July 19th, 2010, 10:31 pm #5

OK. I guess I'd rather climb on snow than scree, at lease in LRR. When we climbed Church/Donaldson 3 weeks ago, we had a snow route from the pond to the summit. With temps the way they have been there may be clear (no snow) routes.

July 20th, 2010, 12:17 am #6

Speaking of snow in the LRR, anyone got a recent photo of the north side of Leatherman (presumably taken from Borah)?

Or how about the north side of Borah?

If there was decent coverage, I'd think about one last ski day. Combined with hiking, biking, fishing, etc.

Thanks,

Jim

July 20th, 2010, 12:36 am #7

OK. I guess I'd rather climb on snow than scree, at lease in LRR. When we climbed Church/Donaldson 3 weeks ago, we had a snow route from the pond to the summit. With temps the way they have been there may be clear (no snow) routes.
I tried Lost River a month ago and the whole mountain was covered from the base of the Super Gully to the summit. this past week there was barely any snow so I'm thinking that there may be little or no snow left on the Church/Donaldson route. I'm still bringing my ice axe just in case though.

standard dave
standard dave

July 22nd, 2010, 2:13 am #8

Matt,I think we met April 17 @Little Sister.Im from the Pocatello clan.I am planning to make the 2fer this Sat. too.Will have a friend from challis.Alpine start from Jones cr 6amish.good luck. SD

July 22nd, 2010, 2:32 pm #9

Cool! I think I remember from the Little Sister trip. We'll be starting early as well but we're not taking the Jones Creek Route. We're going up the next drainage north of Jones creek. I hear it's shorter and easier. See you on top!

standard dave
standard dave

July 23rd, 2010, 2:42 am #10

copy that.safe climb to all.

Confirmation of reply: