2017 Fall Outing Announcement

August 18th, 2017, 9:34 pm #1

The selection committee rejected my peak selection and selected Imogene Peak in the Sawtooths for the fall outing. It is a good choice and should be fun.

Below are the details for the ISFO. As usual, we will plan on camping at Pettit Lake the night before. Also as usual, all are invited.

<strong>Date:</strong> Saturday, September 30th
<strong>Time:</strong> Approximately 8am
<strong>Peak:</strong> Imogene Peak
<strong>Elevation:</strong> 10125’
<strong>Range:</strong> Sawtooths
<strong>Mileage:</strong> 7 miles roundtrip
<strong>Elevation Gain:</strong> 3100 feet
<strong>Route:</strong> East Ridge
<strong>Difficulty:</strong> Class 3
<strong>Vehicle Access:</strong> High clearance (or get in with someone else with clearance)
<strong>Camping:</strong> Pettit Lake

<strong>Driving Directions:</strong>
From Pettit Lake we will drive the road to Yellow Belly Lake. The hike starts at the Yellow Belly Lake trailhead.

<strong>Disclaimers:</strong>
1. If we get close to the date and rain/snow/smoke are in the forecast, the date may need to be moved to accommodate.
2. This is a group hike and I will be there to assist, however, you are responsible for your own safety and equipment.
Last edited by idahosummits on September 21st, 2017, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 21st, 2017, 10:19 pm #2

I'm writing this from Petit lake right now. A great place to watch the eclipse.

August 22nd, 2017, 4:06 am #3

The selection committee rejected my peak selection and selected Imogene Peak in the Sawtooths for the fall outing. It is a good choice and should be fun.

Below are the details for the ISFO. As usual, we will plan on camping at Pettit Lake the night before. Also as usual, all are invited.

<strong>Vehicle Access:</strong> High clearance (or get in with someone else with clearance)

From Pettit Lake we will drive the road to Yellow Belly Lake. The hike starts at the Yellow Belly Lake trailhead.

1. If we get close to the date and rain/snow/smoke are in the forecast, the date may need to be moved to accommodate.
2. This is a group hike and I will be there to assist, however, you are responsible for your own safety and equipment.
I'll be in Seattle that weekend though having other adventures. Imogene sounds awesome though!

August 25th, 2017, 3:19 am #4

I can make it this time. And my wife wants to join to say goodbye to Stanley for the year. She is not very interested in the climb, though.

Great choice of peak, as far as I'm concerned.

Tory
Tory

August 31st, 2017, 4:15 pm #5

Mark & won't be able to make it....we will either be waiting for a very belated baby to arrive (and the midwife would not be happy that we traveled)or we will have a daughter too young to make the trip, and we will probably be too tired to climb a mountain.

August 31st, 2017, 5:14 pm #6

We shall have a drink for you either way and hope to see you in the spring

August 31st, 2017, 7:41 pm #7

Mark & won't be able to make it....we will either be waiting for a very belated baby to arrive (and the midwife would not be happy that we traveled)or we will have a daughter too young to make the trip, and we will probably be too tired to climb a mountain.
Same here, only we'll be tired from a football show on Friday. Close to home is always a plus! I think I may have just lost a bet to Josh though. Pretty sure I said you'd pick another obscure peak in the Lemhi's.

September 16th, 2017, 3:28 pm #8

Wax do you recommend? I'm thinking maybe purple or red.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... b1CjMjfqUk

Dan
Dan

September 16th, 2017, 4:28 pm #9

As long as that next day on the forecast says "sunny", a couple of inches of snow won't stop this crew.

Al West, DBE, Little Kane... snow is almost a tradition for the fall outing.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 17th, 2017, 2:38 pm #10

Wax do you recommend? I'm thinking maybe purple or red.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... b1CjMjfqUk
Don't let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.

Confirmation of reply: