2009 Baldy Hill Climb

2009 Baldy Hill Climb

Rob W
Rob W

August 15th, 2009, 10:53 pm #1

http://www.visitsunvalley.com/calendar/ ... entid=5765

Any body ever done this event? Is it fun?

dave bingham
dave bingham

August 18th, 2009, 6:29 pm #2

The BHC is a fun yet grueling event sponsored by the sun valley ski team (svsef.org), and run by the xc coaches (me included). The climb is straight up the warm springs ski run, 3,200 vert. There is a hiking class and a racing class. Register at the bottom before the climb.

The record is just over 35 minutes, and the top 20 or so typically break an hour. SV company usually runs the lift to take folks back down (thanks SV), and Apples bar & grill hosts a fun apres awards party at the base.

This is a great fall event and perfect training-test before the ski season.

Rob W
Rob W

August 19th, 2009, 7:59 pm #3

Dave,
Is there an entry fee?

Rob W
Rob W

August 19th, 2009, 8:17 pm #4

The BHC is a fun yet grueling event sponsored by the sun valley ski team (svsef.org), and run by the xc coaches (me included). The climb is straight up the warm springs ski run, 3,200 vert. There is a hiking class and a racing class. Register at the bottom before the climb.

The record is just over 35 minutes, and the top 20 or so typically break an hour. SV company usually runs the lift to take folks back down (thanks SV), and Apples bar & grill hosts a fun apres awards party at the base.

This is a great fall event and perfect training-test before the ski season.

Dave
I found this on Youtube
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8618233128

It almost seems like the event is for staff and race teams at ski resort. Is this open to the public?

dave bingham
dave bingham

August 20th, 2009, 2:13 pm #5

The video focused on ski teamers, but it's open to all. As you can tell from the video, it's a gathering of some pretty elite mt. jocks, but don't let that stop you. It's really just about you and the hill - and maybe some cold beers afterward. See you there.

Confirmation of reply: