OPP
OPP

January 2nd, 2018, 7:31 pm #21

They’ll all be mediocre and oddly tuneless so he should have tried harder to get on with reni

January 2nd, 2018, 11:39 pm #22

You might be in for a surprise you miserable cunt.

Kev
Kev

January 3rd, 2018, 12:14 am #23

Hope to be in for a surprise myself, as a big ian brown fan who has attended around 10 of his solo gigs in several countries, I’m feeling a bit meh about it. I agree with the guy who said he should have tried harder to get on with Reni, and if that was impossible he should have done an album with John & Mani. Just my opinion. I know he has strong opinions, if he is writing songs dissing Reni now, instead of Squire, then it will just be a bit pathetic.

jibber
jibber

January 3rd, 2018, 1:02 pm #24

FEAR stellify dolphins were monkeys my star golden gaze be there set my baby free corpses all ablaze love like a fountain IAN BROWN made loads of classics up there with and some bettering the ROSES output cant wait to hear what hes up to we re in for a treat!

Aziz
Aziz

January 3rd, 2018, 6:50 pm #25

Ian contributed some lyrics to those songs, wouldn’t say they were his any more than the stone roses songs were.

Asif
Asif

January 3rd, 2018, 7:04 pm #26

Sounds more like he wrote a song over the chords for Dear Prudence mention of the new world order 1998 credit where its due

ASIF
ASIF

January 4th, 2018, 6:52 am #27

Ian contributed some lyrics to those songs, wouldn’t say they were his any more than the stone roses songs were.
Bollocks ! All his of albums were either self produced or co produced he played guitar bass keys drums harmonica and more every album contains songs solely credited to Brown and all others co wrote

Stella
Stella

January 4th, 2018, 8:47 am #28

Correct. Why the hate for IB solo on here? Also, Dear Prudence perhaps but MyStar lends itself more to Jetfighter pilot by the 3 O'clock, as do many Roses tunes.

God bless Ian Brown x

Aziz
Aziz

January 4th, 2018, 8:53 am #29

Bollocks ! All his of albums were either self produced or co produced he played guitar bass keys drums harmonica and more every album contains songs solely credited to Brown and all others co wrote
Ian played some instruments in the recording of his first album only, But never live (except harmonica). Aziz came up with my star and corpses. That is the song ian played harmonica on. Aziz almost always plays those two live when he is solo, and he has recorded them too and released them without Ian’s vocals. He also did “see the dawn”, “Longsight M13", "One Way Ticket to Paradise" and plenty other songs from Unfinished Monkey Business, Golden Greats, Solarized and The Greatest. Remember ice cold cube was not originally an ian brown song, as was much of his debut album. Even Robbie Maddix came up with a song for Ian to use. I like the way ian works, will be interesting to hear his next album especially if John Squire wrote for him.

ASIF
ASIF

January 4th, 2018, 9:02 am #30

hey Aziz fyi a song is a lyric and a melody guitar chords cannot be copyriighted so therefore Ian wrote the songs my star and corpses lyrics and melody over the 3 chords you gave him can your ego handle that? ps that was 20 years ago!

Confirmation of reply: