stiv
stiv

February 5th, 2018, 2:25 pm #11

ah, stella does! they wouldn't even be able sell out the castle hotel in manchester with crap like this. is erm "goldfinger" even on the album?

Stella
Stella

February 5th, 2018, 5:29 pm #12

I'm sure they'll play small venues to hardcore fans like
Me, tickets will be cheap on the door and it'll be a different perspective to these songs.

Ps Inder Goldfinger played on all IB solo lps and toured with him for his entire solo career.

Ihateceltic
Ihateceltic

February 7th, 2018, 5:53 pm #13

That first incarnation of Ian's could possibly have been his best. Sylian on bass was excellent not sure if inder had joined by this point though. The rough edges make it a lo-fi masterpiece. I genuinely lust the punk funk loose dance number called lions now and then. But I know it's not for everyone far from it.
I like the first two albums because it's Ian all the way before started to rely on and employ talented producers

Stella
Stella

February 7th, 2018, 5:57 pm #14

Inder was with IB from day one, he Co wrote Fisherman and features on ever IB lp and live. Sylvian is now masseur at LFC.

Ihateceltic
Ihateceltic

February 7th, 2018, 5:59 pm #15

Yeah just noticed that mate. Did inder play the main drum part on the fisherman? Because for me that's what makes the song?
Pisses over the return of fisherman too

Ihateceltic
Ihateceltic

February 7th, 2018, 6:02 pm #16

Inder was with IB from day one, he Co wrote Fisherman and features on ever IB lp and live. Sylvian is now masseur at LFC.
Masseur at Liverpool fc fantastic bit of trivia there. I'm sure I knew before but forgot and still great eh? That my star bassline is a belter

Me
Me

February 8th, 2018, 3:16 pm #17

The my star bassline, lead Guitar and melody was all done by AZIZ, that goes for corpses and ice cold cube.
All Ian did was the lyrics.

nono
nono

February 8th, 2018, 5:35 pm #18

ha! Ian does the melody and the lyrics Aziz the guitar and bass

Will
Will

February 9th, 2018, 12:41 pm #19

The My Star melody (or at least the chord progression) was by John Lennon, wasn't it?

me
me

February 12th, 2018, 1:53 pm #20

Aziz hadn't heard of dear prudence before he wrote it, it's a natural guitar progression.
It was Ian who said it sounded similar.

Confirmation of reply: