third song to be released shortly

Lime
Lime

May 29th, 2017, 11:45 am #1

More to follow

Martin Clunes
Martin Clunes

May 29th, 2017, 11:55 am #2

Not according to my calendar, or Reni's for that matter?

Lime
Lime

May 29th, 2017, 12:09 pm #3

Reni is just the drummer

Robbie
Robbie

May 29th, 2017, 12:38 pm #4

Martin Clunes
Martin Clunes

May 29th, 2017, 12:46 pm #5

Reni is just the drummer
He may well be just the drummer, but unfortunately he IS The Stone Roses.

Robbie
Robbie

May 29th, 2017, 12:56 pm #6

Na he is the 4th most important member

Martin Clunes
Martin Clunes

May 29th, 2017, 1:07 pm #7

You don't listen very hard to the band do you? He colours their whole sound. Without him they are very average, like every other group. He's the stand out, just something the majority of other groups don't have, a true character.

Robbie
Robbie

May 29th, 2017, 6:43 pm #8

Í do listen mate and í agree He is great but without ian browns voice, however untuned it is, or squires guitar, or manis bass, there is no stone roses. Reni has been replaced and mani stated a show in Ireland in 95 was his second favourite gig ever played, so even members of the stone roses seem to think that the show can go on without Reni, and it can still be very, very good.

Martin Clunes
Martin Clunes

May 29th, 2017, 6:59 pm #9

You're kinda emphasising my point, ALL 4 are vital to the band being such a mighty force. Take one away and it loses its heartbeat, Reni especially. I thought Maddix was a tight sticksman but was in the wrong band and found himself trying to fill the shadow of one of the best musicians out there.

Mani only said that as it was an Irish gig, and his love for Ireland is evidently huge. The recording of that show is good to listen to in parts granted. It isn't The Stone Roses though, there's a glaring big hole in the groove and feel of that whole 1995/96 era. Was it still good when Aziz (albeit a fantastic guitarist) replaced John? Was it shite.

Robbie
Robbie

May 29th, 2017, 7:48 pm #10

You are not wrong, but if Reni is finished then I'd settle for the other 3 with a new drummer and new songs. I'd look forward to it

Confirmation of reply: