The Fall and the roses

The Fall and the roses

January 25th, 2018, 7:13 pm #1

Never heard the roses mention the fall but I could be wrong... is there any connection between the bands?
RIP MES

dunc
dunc

January 25th, 2018, 10:02 pm #2

If you don’t someone else will and then pretend they’re in the know.

tHEhEDGE
tHEhEDGE

January 25th, 2018, 10:17 pm #3

Never heard the roses mention the fall but I could be wrong... is there any connection between the bands?
RIP MES
Simon Wolstencroft was in both bands. Managed to avoid being in the Smiths as well somehow

MES apparently wrote Idiot Joy Showland about the Madchester scene (“shapeless kecks...etc”)

Can’t imagine second coming was Smith’s thing, TBH...

January 26th, 2018, 12:32 am #4

Of course, I forgot about Wolstencroft. I'm not a huge fan of the Fall but familiar with the singles and listen to them once in a while, gonna check out that tune about madchester.

January 26th, 2018, 12:34 am #5

If you don’t someone else will and then pretend they’re in the know.
ha ha, you missed one opportunity there duncan

saila
saila

January 30th, 2018, 1:43 pm #6

RIP MES
AFO riff got nabbed from Squid Lord as I'm sure most on here are aware...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD4PJW4R1ec

January 30th, 2018, 2:33 pm #7

RIP MES
try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42EfHW5npko

stiv
stiv

January 30th, 2018, 5:37 pm #8

AFO riff got nabbed from Squid Lord as I'm sure most on here are aware...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD4PJW4R1ec
nah. unlikely. sounds similar yes, but you could probably find a very similar riff on another song somehwere and squire already used a very similar riff himself for a seahorses bside over 20 years go.

stiv
stiv

January 30th, 2018, 5:44 pm #9

and i say that as someone who isn't arsed if he did "nick it" from the fall for all for one. i mean, it's a crap riff and it was clamped onto a really crap song - who cares?!

Johnny Bravo
Johnny Bravo

January 30th, 2018, 8:04 pm #10

Simon Wolstencroft was in both bands. Managed to avoid being in the Smiths as well somehow

MES apparently wrote Idiot Joy Showland about the Madchester scene (“shapeless kecks...etc”)

Can’t imagine second coming was Smith’s thing, TBH...
There was a quote from MES about the band during the opening of the cd-rom that came with the 10th Anniversary edition of TSR.

Really cant remember what it was, but think it was along the lines of "I've got time for them", nothing spectacular

Confirmation of reply: