The Boneflowers

The Boneflowers

Tony White
Tony White

September 13th, 2017, 12:17 pm #1

Heard from a guy who works in Vinyl Revival that Liam, Bonehead, John, Mani and Zak Starkey have formed a new band called The Boneflowers. Apparently they have eight or nine tracks demoed, some of which were written during when the Roses were together and some of which are Liam compositions. Plan is to release an album and tour next year once Liam’s solo stuff has settled down. They’ve asked Mark Ronson to produce the album as they want a bit of a contemporary pop feel to the tunes. They will also I’m told play a few Roses and Oasis classics at the shows.

Seems legit
Seems legit

September 13th, 2017, 12:28 pm #2

I also heard this in my trendy local public toilets Vinyl Urinal. Best 20p I ever spent

Tony Le Messmer
Tony Le Messmer

September 13th, 2017, 6:01 pm #3

Vinyl Urinal - that's the best thing I've ever seen on this forum.

Jim
Jim

September 14th, 2017, 1:14 am #4

Heard from a guy who works in Vinyl Revival that Liam, Bonehead, John, Mani and Zak Starkey have formed a new band called The Boneflowers. Apparently they have eight or nine tracks demoed, some of which were written during when the Roses were together and some of which are Liam compositions. Plan is to release an album and tour next year once Liam’s solo stuff has settled down. They’ve asked Mark Ronson to produce the album as they want a bit of a contemporary pop feel to the tunes. They will also I’m told play a few Roses and Oasis classics at the shows.
How to use this form:

I heard from a guy who [something that is only slightly relevant to the Stone Roses] that John, Mani and [a few random other musicians] have formed a band called [slight pun on the Roses name]

Example:
I heard from a guy who does a lot of cocaine, and I do mean a lot, that John, Mani, Slash, Jason Bonham and Lenny Kravitz have formed a new band called Deflowered.

Mandrake
Mandrake

September 14th, 2017, 8:07 am #5

Yeah, was smoking a spliff of spice at some charity do for celebrity poseurs and the guy who was drooling on the floor next to me said he works for SJM and had heard that Ian Mani James Lavelle and Kendrick Lamar had started a group called The Concrete Wallflowers.

Expect a single called frrrngggaaadsppht. At least, I think that's what I thought he said.

Alan McCarroll
Alan McCarroll

September 14th, 2017, 12:30 pm #6

I can confirm Tony’s post and can actually expand on it. The album will be out next April, it’s provisionally titled “This, That And The Other”.

Tracks include “Mantis”, “English Electric Lightning”, “Mr Shy Talk”, “This That And The Other” (Liam tune), “Be Happy That it Happened”, “Hammer & Tongs” (Liam tune), “Sucking Lemons Again”, a re-vamped version of “Heart On The Staves”, “Glorious” and “Big James” (Liam tune)

Nigel Ipinson
Nigel Ipinson

September 14th, 2017, 12:33 pm #7

Interesting to see “Mantis” make the cut, as I know or a fact Ian has done a version for his solo record, the version that features me on keyboards.

Jim
Jim

September 14th, 2017, 6:59 pm #8

This song will be the Four Horsemen/Mechanix of the IB/JS bands with each taking a shot at it.

Woken giant
Woken giant

September 15th, 2017, 1:40 am #9

Any truth in the rumour that "wake up world" will be the b side of the debut single, mantis?

Tony White
Tony White

September 17th, 2017, 3:36 pm #10

"Wake Up The World" was written solely by Brown, I understand that will be on his solo record.

Confirmation of reply: