Spence book

Spence book

July 10th, 2012, 4:17 pm #1

Just read a bit of the start there, seems the most interesting bit. I was pretty much moving in the same musical landscape at the time, oi, punk, ska etc.

Thing is, I'm sure i've read that The Ptrol played at the Vortex in Lymm. We used to hang around there a lot when i was young, usually outside as we were skint. I can remember there being bands on, no one big, maybe I was there when they played?

Anyone know if they played the Vortex at all? it was a punk club in the village, Thursday or Friday nights.

the branches
the branches

July 10th, 2012, 4:36 pm #2

fri night at the vortex:
'me and the boys used to hang out in Lymm on fri nights there was a wicked punk/ska club there I think it was called the vortex, antway it were great, smashing little place, nice chippy round the corner, I once saw someone light a spliff in broad daylight alot of people should go and have a look at that place before they set up a club, bit too wild fo my liking though'
IB circa 1989

July 10th, 2012, 4:45 pm #3

Nice one. This would've been round 79, 80. The place was a youth club which everyone called 'The Club', I think the Vortex was just the name of the night. Not sure. Really tall rooms, great place when you were a nipper.

Confirmation of reply: