shed seven drummer attacks reni shocker!

shed seven drummer attacks reni shocker!

stiv
stiv

December 31st, 2017, 12:24 pm #1

https://twitter.com/AlanShed/status/947104825661157376

"Saw them earlier this year mate. He's like some bloke from a heavy metal covers band just having a crack. Obviously hasn't listened to the record in years."

anyone that's ever heard or seen shed seven know their drummer is wank, so found this hilarious.

Robbie M
Robbie M

December 31st, 2017, 12:28 pm #2

Shed 7 are not the best by their drummer has a point

stiv
stiv

December 31st, 2017, 1:01 pm #3

to say that reni was just "having a crack" is hilarious, sorry.

and i seem to remember that this twat once had a story in melody maker or the nme after making some dumb "girls can't play drums" comment and having to battle it out with a female drummer. i bet he wouldn't like that being brought up now! he's always been a substandard drummer in a substandard band, and to think he can critique any other drummer is properly funny.

bawbagJimmy
bawbagJimmy

December 31st, 2017, 3:46 pm #4

some bloke from a heavy metal covers band!!!!!!!!!!!! the lads right Renis a top poseur its all a pose heavy metal style even the double bass drum fake expression all the moves-----

AuntiesBlouse
AuntiesBlouse

December 31st, 2017, 4:21 pm #5

Gotta sort of agree. Very rigid, the groove long gone, but saying that he is fifty plus. You look at the videos where he's practically dancing behind the kit and reunion ones where hes playing like an ironing boards been shoved down his back.

Still a great drummer but nowhere near what he was.

stiv
stiv

December 31st, 2017, 4:52 pm #6

well, you could say that about literally every musician. squire and mani themselves aren't where they used to be, are they? musicians all spout the usual bollocks about them playing better than ever, but they're not. bands only have a certain amount of time where they're constantly playing together and getting better as a unit, and then it dies down and regresses.

but ya know - it's a bit mental to want or expect reni to play exactly how he did over 20 years ago. and regardless, he was still more exciting to watch or hear than most drummers around.

for some two bob cunt out of some shit 3rd rate britpop band to take a pop is a bit much.

G
G

December 31st, 2017, 5:14 pm #7

Isn't it more a case of needs must? Reni, regardless of how he compared to his previous self on the drum kit, has swapped one approach for another, in recognition of the fact that The Roses sound had to fill stadium sized venues. Thus finesse, flow & swing, was sacrificed, to a degree, for bombast & power. I'm not sure that musicians necessarily get worse as they age; there's certainly plenty of evidence out there to the contrary. Drummers are more prone to degrading than other players for obvious reasons & Reni's drum fills, at times, seemed unnecessary & even clumsy but equally he demonstrated on songs such as FG that he still had all the groove & finesse of yesteryear when he chose to employ it.
I get it that some didn't like his new approach but that's not necessarily a reflection of his abilities as a drummer.

stiv
stiv

December 31st, 2017, 9:13 pm #8

i seriously can't think of any musician or singer who is better than the first 5 years of their public music career 15 or 20 years later though. there's usually a flash of brilliance, that admittedly can last a few years but then it dulls.

January 1st, 2018, 7:48 pm #9

Lemmy, Celine Dion, John Shuttleworth.

stiv
stiv

January 2nd, 2018, 11:42 am #10

you're funnier han jonathon ross - you really should be on channel 4.

Confirmation of reply: