January 2nd, 2018, 1:50 pm #11

I’m not being funny, it’s the truth.

G
G

January 2nd, 2018, 8:30 pm #12

i seriously can't think of any musician or singer who is better than the first 5 years of their public music career 15 or 20 years later though. there's usually a flash of brilliance, that admittedly can last a few years but then it dulls.
Better? Maybe not but there are plenty of examples of where musicians have at least maintained a similar level of ability, which is the point that I was making. It's usually the songwriting that goes down hill.

Fannybaws
Fannybaws

January 5th, 2018, 7:20 pm #13

Makes me wonder if renis new style was a stumbling block to new material.

raz
raz

January 5th, 2018, 8:17 pm #14

He's still an amazing drummer, the footage of him playing on the reunion shows proves it. The only stumbling block was probably down to the new stuff not being up to scratch.

gaz
gaz

January 6th, 2018, 9:20 am #15

Hmm and if reni saw the songs and they were of the same mark as All For One then more power to him for not going forward with sub par songs. But its all ifs and maybes innit. Appalling that they couldnt release more with a bit of effort, but as with most things, give it time...or a book and all will be revealed.

aardvark
aardvark

January 6th, 2018, 9:48 am #16

Beautiful Thing was the best thing they did since Something Burning 1990 the weakest part of Al for One is the beat/bassline

Ifs n buts
Ifs n buts

January 7th, 2018, 1:12 am #17

So no chance

waxhacker
waxhacker

January 7th, 2018, 4:10 pm #18

Hmm and if reni saw the songs and they were of the same mark as All For One then more power to him for not going forward with sub par songs. But its all ifs and maybes innit. Appalling that they couldnt release more with a bit of effort, but as with most things, give it time...or a book and all will be revealed.
reni as the arbiter of good taste!!!!! hahaahaaaa did you see the clobber/rags he wore at every show fat tramp!

waxhacker
waxhacker

January 7th, 2018, 4:10 pm #19

reni as the arbiter of good taste!!!!! hahaahaaaa did you see the clobber/rags he wore at every show fat tramp!

wren
wren

January 7th, 2018, 7:22 pm #20

reni almost creates a new song at 7.50 mins inhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIxAoQUuKgc

he seemed the most able of the 4 on stage throughout all the comeback gigs.

Confirmation of reply: