Second Coming - Fan Edit

IanIachimoe
IanIachimoe

November 26th, 2017, 8:48 pm #1

Hello, bit of a shameless plug incoming. Usually upload rare La's stuff on my YouTube channel but I just put together a fan-edit of Second Coming. Thought a few folk around here might enjoy, cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br417D7Oys4

tHE hEDGE
tHE hEDGE

November 27th, 2017, 9:21 am #2

Not bad that, though personally I'd ditch Good Times and keep Driving South - the version with non-looped drums. I've also found TSLS works well as penultimate track. I quite like STTM as a 'palate cleanser' at the end of side one, but in the interests of 4 tracks per side:

Breaking Into Heaven
Driving South
Daybreak
Tightrope

How Do You Sleep?
Tears
Ten Storey Love Song
Love Spreads

Begging You I'd have had as a red herring, non-album single released early '92.

November 27th, 2017, 9:46 am #3

I think that Straight To The Man is the only thing on SC that has stood the test of time.

stiv
stiv

November 27th, 2017, 3:44 pm #4

you gotta be "pulling the piss" with that. utter gash.

November 27th, 2017, 4:02 pm #5

Hello, bit of a shameless plug incoming. Usually upload rare La's stuff on my YouTube channel but I just put together a fan-edit of Second Coming. Thought a few folk around here might enjoy, cheers

November 27th, 2017, 4:02 pm #6

you gotta be "pulling the piss" with that. utter gash.
I don’t think it’s ‘utter gash’. Good Times is ‘utter gash’ to my ears, even more so now. Tell us why you think Straight To The Man is ‘utter gash’, please.

Stella
Stella

November 27th, 2017, 5:37 pm #7

Straight to the Man is great, it's also the closest to anything on TSR lp and if you don't get it then it's Wonderwall for you.

Kind regards

G
G

November 27th, 2017, 7:10 pm #8

My son, who's on the autistic spectrum, is strangely focused on SC. I'm not sure what that says about the album or, indeed, him. Either Tightrope or Love Spreads are quietly playing in his bedroom around the clock which, to be fair, are probably two of the more well realised tracks.

Straight To The Man wasn't a track I thought much of initially, but it's grown on me.
I'm glad they gave Begging You a live outing; on the album it sounded like a coked up bore shouting into your ear in a club, but it was great in the Etihad.

Occasionally, I will play lead over Tears, frantically running up & down the blues scale. But only when I'm drunk & it always leaves me feeling a bit dirty & ashamed the next morning.

Stella
Stella

November 27th, 2017, 8:05 pm #9

I accidentally had Desert Island discs on last week, got me thinking which eight I'd take. I split them up between seasons and favourite artists etc. Obviously one would be by the Stone Roses, I ended up going for Breaking Into Heaven - I really like the start but after that the lyrics are a bit lame HOWEVER, the live version was ace and one of my best memories on this tour was them playing it at the Etihad.

G
G

November 27th, 2017, 9:09 pm #10

Couldn't agree more.
It sounded sumptuous in the Etihad - it was the standout track & it really took off.
The studio version? Yes, the lyrics aren't up to much but I can tune those out so that doesn't exactly explain why BIH leaves me a little cold. Although, twenty three years after the event, I'm still trying to change my mind.

On a completely pointless side note, I do occasionally listen to Desert Island Discs & the only two I can remember who've chosen The Roses are Sadie Smith &, I think, Alexander McQueen. So there you go.

Confirmation of reply: