Japan gig soundcheck - desk recording

Japan gig soundcheck - desk recording

Gokwan
Gokwan

July 16th, 2017, 9:17 pm #1

Martin Clunes
Martin Clunes

July 17th, 2017, 12:00 am #2

Ian's a bit too forward in the mix but he sounds great. Wonder if this is his monitor mix as John seems to be a bit tame. Badman and Waterfall sound bloody lovely. Interesting chit chat in between, why the fuck didn't Daybreak get an airing??? Jesus!!

The canuck
The canuck

July 18th, 2017, 10:59 am #3

Reni is on fire!

Absolute shame we won't be hearing that anymore

Dan

G
G

July 18th, 2017, 12:22 pm #4

If I've calculated this right, for approx. £75 you can get the definitive version. 2 CD's & 2 DVD's over both nights at the Budokan plus sound checks. I'm assuming it's all mixing desk quality as far as the sound quality goes.
Oh, & it may help to speak Japanese. Where's Jonesy when you need him?
http://www.jgarage.com/index.php?main_p ... d170b352c0

Turnip
Turnip

July 18th, 2017, 2:39 pm #5

How about 'fuck off' ?

G
G

July 18th, 2017, 3:36 pm #6

Well, here you go then: " 失せろ"!

Will
Will

July 18th, 2017, 7:42 pm #7

Ian's a bit too forward in the mix but he sounds great. Wonder if this is his monitor mix as John seems to be a bit tame. Badman and Waterfall sound bloody lovely. Interesting chit chat in between, why the fuck didn't Daybreak get an airing??? Jesus!!
They've obviously rehearsed Daybreak, it's immense. What a shame they never played it. It was a highlight on the 1995 tour, but with Reni it's a whole different level. Albeit through the mixing desk - not sure how well the intricacies would come across through a stadium PA. That's their fault though for only playing big venues.

I'm guessing there just wasn't room in an already-long set for it. I'm guessing they couldn't find space for another "jam". For the casual fan that went, given the choice between Daybreak and Fools Gold or Resurrection it's probably a no-brainer.

OPP
OPP

July 18th, 2017, 9:44 pm #8

Well, here you go then: " 失せろ"!
They always perform best when noones watching

Unlike Cheeky's missus

RF
RF

July 18th, 2017, 11:05 pm #9

They've obviously rehearsed Daybreak, it's immense. What a shame they never played it. It was a highlight on the 1995 tour, but with Reni it's a whole different level. Albeit through the mixing desk - not sure how well the intricacies would come across through a stadium PA. That's their fault though for only playing big venues.

I'm guessing there just wasn't room in an already-long set for it. I'm guessing they couldn't find space for another "jam". For the casual fan that went, given the choice between Daybreak and Fools Gold or Resurrection it's probably a no-brainer.
Sounds amazing on this.

July 19th, 2017, 7:22 am #10

They always perform best when noones watching

Unlike Cheeky's missus
I'm a puff so you've got that wrong.

Confirmation of reply: