As you were building the moon....

Mancunian Man
Mancunian Man

October 11th, 2017, 10:28 pm #1

Undecided me.

I was team Noel but, I’m gradually leaning towards team LG now!

Can we have a quick poll, a simple NG or LG will suffice.

thoughts
thoughts

October 11th, 2017, 11:08 pm #2

This is pretty terrific though

https://youtu.be/WRplVmpZCa8

DC
DC

October 12th, 2017, 11:47 am #3

Undecided me.

I was team Noel but, I’m gradually leaning towards team LG now!

Can we have a quick poll, a simple NG or LG will suffice.
equally shite.

Stella
Stella

October 12th, 2017, 8:46 pm #4

Like two turds slipping down the pan - utter cack for people who don't get music (ironically believing they do).

0/10...although that said, I think NG cover sleeve art is ace 👍

thought bubble
thought bubble

October 12th, 2017, 9:20 pm #5

Havent heard either album, it was the visuals to which I referred, which are spectacular.

Lack of any music from certain other mancunians...thats the problem. No sign of it any time soon either, it would seem.

Ian John mani Reni
Ian John mani Reni

October 13th, 2017, 12:01 am #6

Let’s face it the roses conceded defeat to oasis in 1994. They ad not written anything decent since 1989 and oasis took over and it’s been like that ever since. For a while we deluded ourselves, and recently we thought they could surprise us with new material but it was just cash they wanted really and they left confirming defeat to oasis once again.

G
G

October 13th, 2017, 1:52 pm #7

Creatively, Oasis surpassed the Roses in one area - prolificacy. But four albums of shite is still shite. Good Times is almost unlistenable but I'd rather stick that on than than the one dimensional sub-Kinks/Who/Beatles garbage that followed DM, simply because it's more interesting.

Stella
Stella

October 13th, 2017, 2:54 pm #8

2017 - who's better Blur or Oasis? Hahaha Christ!

October 13th, 2017, 3:40 pm #9

Like two turds slipping down the pan - utter cack for people who don't get music (ironically believing they do).

0/10...although that said, I think NG cover sleeve art is ace 👍
I quite like Liam's album. A bit pedestrian for sure, but there's some nice melodies and some good changes. Not the best thing in the world, but Paper Crown wipes the floor with either of The Roses' comeback singles.

Noel's single sounds like Wizzard covering the theme from Some Mothers Do Have 'em.
Last edited by pumpo on October 13th, 2017, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Polly
Polly

October 13th, 2017, 5:20 pm #10

Paper crown is an anthem. Pisses in anything the stone roses did during their reunion lol

Actually most of as you were pisses on the roses reunion, it shouldn’t be that way and I can’t get my head around why it is but that is the situation. Ian Brown May think going solo will be the answer but there is no way, not a chance in hell that he will achieve anything by doing that. The stone roses could produce something magical but they won’t, they are underachievers and they don’t want it enough. Sad sad sad

Confirmation of reply: